Thanksgiving Break Haul 2015

For college students like me, Thanksgiving break means a nice, little vacation from the stresses of school. For fashion lovers and shopping enthusiasts like me, it means it's time to shop! While most shopping around Thanksgiving probably occurs during Black Friday, I shopped throughout the week because it had been months since I set foot in a store or mall simply to shop. Unsurprisingly, a lot of the shopping I did over break was for Christmas presents. But I did get to buy stuff for myself as well!

(The last three items are available online. So if you'd like to buy one of these online, click the item's name in the caption.)

Marshalls/TJ Maxx

burgundy Pink Rose lace trim sweater
I actually have a sweater very similar to this (it's this sweater from Forever 21 except it's normal sized, not plus), but I'm a sucker for lace trim on sweaters, and I love this color. Plus, this one is thinner than the one I have from Forever.



black Stella Luce t-shirt
I don't have a lot of plain t-shirts, but I really should since they go with so many things. What I like about this one is its relaxed fit and the metallic look it has from the fabric used. It's not too tight-fitting like other women's/juniors shirts, and the shiny threads are a pretty touch to an otherwise plain shirt.


Hollister kimono
As the caption says, this kimono is originally from Hollister. I was lucky to snag it for only $10 from Marshalls. I'm guessing it was originally around $30 at Hollister, so I'm happy about the price. The kimono trend is typically a summer thing, but I'm seeing it transition into fall and winter. It can be worn with a knit sweater or long sleeve underneath, which is what I plan on doing until it gets warm out again.


Victoria's Secret PINK

University of Illinois Varsity Crew
I pretty much want everything that's from PINK's Illinois collegiate collection, so when I saw this, I had to have it. From looking at other schools' collections online, I knew that PINK made this for their collegiate line, and I really liked it. But when I looked at the Illinois collection online and went to the local mall that has the PINK Illinois stuff, I never saw this. So I was glad to spot this on a rack during my Black Friday shopping trip (and it was on sale!). 


Campus Water Bottle
To be honest, I like this water bottle, but I have enough reusable water bottles. When I saw this cool one (the bottom compartment can detach from the actual bottle to hold snacks or your keys or whatever you want to go in the secret compartment), I wasn't thinking 'Oh my gosh! I need to have this!' But when I found out I wasn't too far away from getting the free Victoria's Secret tote, I decided to get it.


A'GACI

embellished knit headband/headwrap
I wear my hair up in a bun a lot, even during the winter, so my ears get cold. A beanie doesn't work well when I wear my hair up in a bun, so I buy knit headbands/headwraps like these. Black goes with just about everything I wear, and I love the beaded embellishment on the front. It glams it up a bit.


Abercrombie and Fitch

Hooray for outlet malls! Otherwise, I probably wouldn't be able to afford anything from A&F.

black high rise leggings
These may be leggings, but they are thicker than some jeans I own! I think the moto look of these is really cool with the zippers and threaded design on the leg. All of the black leggings I own are just solid black with no details like this, so I decided to add this to my closet.


paisley print flare/palazzo pants
I've actually been looking for pants like this for a little while now. If you're a frequent visitor of my blog, you may know that I watch the Disney Channel TV show Girl Meets World. (Yes, I'm 20 and still watch Disney Channel, but I don't care. Plus, GMW is a spin-off of Boy Meets World, which people my age totally grew up watching, so it's not absurd for me to watch.) The main character, Riley Matthews sometimes has an eclectic style, but she pulls it off. She wears these sort of pants pretty often, and it has inspired me to give them a try. 


Aeropostale

Bethany Mota Boho Medallion Ring 10-Pack
The Aeropostale outlet I went to had a sale on jewelry where it was 'buy one get two free.' My sister and I were looking for a set of rings or bracelets to get our friend for Christmas, and we found one, which meant we got two more for free. So we got two sets of rings for our friend and one for me! Yay, sales!


PacSun

Volcom Moonweb Ringer T-Shirt
It may be too cold to wear this shirt on its own, but that's okay. I really like the color and graphic on the shirt as well as the style of it. I can wear it year-round. I can pair it with Converse and high-waisted shorts or jeans, or I can throw a button-up or cardigan over it to wear with jeans or leggings during the colder months.



Tilly's

Volcom Future Athletics Women's Raglan Tee
In all honesty, I would've been okay if I didn't buy this shirt. But the second I saw the logo on the shirt where the tag would be, I had to have it. This shirt is a Volcom x Sheckler Foundation shirt. Portions of the profit from selling the shirt goes to the Sheckler Foundation, which is professional skateboarder Ryan Sheckler's non-profit foundation. (Sheckler is my favorite skater/action sports athlete, in case you didn't know.) I admire the work the Sheckler Foundation does, and I do like this shirt. I also happened to have a '20% off one item coupon' for Tilly's, so I decided to buy it. The Future Athletics logo printed on the back and front of the shirt is an awesome logo (although I don't understand it), I love the color of the sleeves, and I really like the fit of the shirt. This was the last thing I bought during my shopping-filled weekend, and I left the mall with virtually no more cash (which probably wasn't wise), but I'm okay knowing that I spent the last of it on this shirt, because to me, it's not just a piece of clothing. It's helping children and injured athletes in need.




I definitely shopped till I dropped during Black Friday weekend. What did you score during your Thanksgiving break shopping?





No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.