2017 Labor Day Weekend Shopping Haul

It seriously isn't a holiday weekend in my family if my mom doesn't go shopping at the mall. This year for Labor Day, my mom was off for five days straight, which meant there'd be a lot of time for shopping. I've been trying to save my money and stop spending so much lately since I don't have a job or any consistent income coming in like I did when I was in school, but I just couldn't pass up some of the stuff I saw this weekend. Plus, I got to go to a mall I haven't been to in years that had such good deals! But I'm definitely committing to saving my money from here on out until it's time for Christmas shopping.

Forever 21

Care Bear Cropped Graphic Tee
I loved Care Bears as a kid, and I actually still do, so when I saw this graphic crop top, I just had to have it! It reminds me of my childhood (especially because I have Cheer Bear, the pink one on the left), and I really like the light, soft colors. This will serve me well when I just want to throw jeans and a shirt on. Plus, I love crop tops. 



Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Cropped Graphic Tee
Shortly after I found the Care Bears top, my sister showed me another graphic crop top that reminds me of my childhood. I wasn't even born yet when the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie came out, but my brother watched it and had the movie on VHS, which I eventually ended up watching several times throughout my childhood. I also watched newer Power Rangers seasons once I was old enough to actually comprehend what was on TV. 

The vibrant colors of the Power Rangers and the logo really pop against the pink and white tie-dye. I've always been a fan of the pink ranger, Kimberly, so I love that she's in the middle of the shirt. I even have a pink Might Morphin Power Ranger bear named Kimberly!



Lace-Insert Crepe Top
After finding two graphic tees, I knew if I were to buy anything else from Forever, it probably shouldn't be a graphic crop top. As someone who's currently looking for a job, I'm trying to buy clothes that I could wear to work if I had a job since most of the time, I'll need to wear work clothes, not just any clothes.

I love everything about this top. The bright fuschia is such a fun color, and the lace and ruffles on the sleeves add some feminine flair. I didn't take a photo of the back, but there are some gold buttons in the back as well that are super cute as well. And while this shirt could be worn for business casual, I would also just wear it on an everyday basis as well. 


Polka Dot Shirt
This is another shirt that I intend to use for business casual purposes. The dusty pink color is perfect for fall, and polka dots are just classic. I like the boxier, looser fit to this because it pairs with skinny jeans and leggings better. Similar to the previous shirt, I would also wear this casually as well, and it's nice when you can wear your clothes for more than one occasion to get the most out of them.


Altar'd State


Since I've been a student for nearly all of my life, I'm accustomed to using a planner to organize my life and what I need to do. For the first time in over 15 years, I'm not in school, so I don't have a big need for a planner. But I love planners, so I got a new one anyway! What I like about this one is that in addition to the normal monthly and weekly pages, it has Bible verses at the start of each month, notes pages for each month, and a little goals page to begin every month. It's a nice personal touch that gives me a reason to use my planner while I'm still searching for a job and just have some appointments and events in it.




For some reason, I don't have any clear/plain earrings that could go with anything except for my pearl earrings. There are times when I want to wear earrings but don't have any I want to wear with my outfit because the pearls just don't seem right. So when I found these for only $5, I thought it'd be a good idea to get them.

I like that they aren't normal stud earrings and have little gems around the big stud to add a little more shine. They're not too big or too small either, so the combo of the little studs around the big one is nice. 

Tilly's

Ethika Rose Clay Sports Bra
I've known about the underwear brand Ethika since I was in middle school because of professional skateboarder Ryan Sheckler, who is one of Ethika's sponsored athletes. But Ethika didn't start making stuff for women until a few years ago, so I was excited when they did. Ethika had always had a good reputation, and I'd always heard good things about their products, so I've wanted to try them for a while but never felt like buying its stuff online. 

Luckily, Ethika now sells some of their stuff in Tilly's stores, so I finally got the chance to buy some for myself! I think all girls and women can agree that sports bras are comfier than normal ones, so I wasn't really hesitant to buy a sports bra. Plus, I have quite a few tops this could go with.


Ethika Rose Clay Staple Boyshorts

While Ethika mainly makes undergarments, I've definitely seen women wear its signature Staple like it's a compression short or pair of spandex shorts. That's what I plan to do with these, especially because it's a good color to go under some of my dresses and skirts.


Nike


For some reason, I don't have a lot of workout tops that have sleeves, so I've been looking for some. The problem is that I often find ones but they're just plain, which I don't really want. I found this striped one at the Nike clearance store and liked it right away. It's not plain, but the pattern isn't overwhelming. It also has a good fit and doesn't conform to your body like some workout shirts do. 



If you've read my blog before or seen my bio on any website, you'll know I didn't go to LSU. I went to the University of Illinois. So why did I buy an LSU tank top and quarter-zip pullover? Because I'm an LSU gymnastics fan, and these were marked down so much that I could not resist.

The only LSU shirt I had before buying the tank was a long sleeve, which meant I could only support LSU when it was reasonable to wear a long sleeve shirt. So I got the tank top with the cool graphics on the front and back.


This quarter-zip is actually a little snug on me since it's an XS instead of a small, but with the discount I was getting on it, I could definitely deal with it. Plus, since it's made of spandex, it's stretches.

I already had a long sleeve top to support LSU, but this quarter-zip was just too cool to pass up. Plus, I can wear it while exercising, which is a plus. But my favorite thing about it has to be the thumbholes in the sleeves. I love those!



I'm not sure how or why, but I didn't own a plain black pair of shorts to exercise in (except for spandex/compression shorts). That's a key piece of athletic wear, so I did not pass up the opportunity to get some for less than $15. Plus, I needed shorts to go with the LSU tank.



How did you spend your Labor Day weekend? If you shopped, what deals did you score?

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.