Fashion Friday: OOTD: Already Past August

August is a month that always seems to fly by, especially as it's considered the last month of summer, the last few weeks before everyone heads back to school. Even though I'm not going to school anymore, it flew by just as quickly as it would as if I were still in school.

August brought some good adventures to end my summer, including a big birthday party, a few hours showing my best friend around my hometown, and another trip to New York!

August 5, 2017

Zara graphic tee | BDG high-waisted shorts from Urban Outfitters | Mad Love sandals from Target | Purse from Nordstrom
I wore two outfits this day because my mom and I went out in the morning/early afternoon before going to a family friend's big birthday party at Maggiano's. I got the "Stand up for love" shirt from Zara near the start of the summer but never got around to wearing it until about a month and a half later. I really like the font and the saying (love is the best!), and the pink and red work well together without making it look like Valentine's Day. I accidentally dried this shirt when I washed it, so I hope I didn't shrink it.

Leilani Jewelry necklace | LUSH maxi dress from Dry Goods | Unisa wedges from JC Penney
If you saw my August favorites post, you've already seen this pink maxi dress that I wore. I just love it so much and wish I had more occasions to wear it.


August 6, 2016

Elodie top from Marshalls | Banana Republic shorts | DV by Dolce Vita sandals from Target | Forever 21 purse
It was surprisingly quite difficult for me to find a top to go with these blue shorts. They're really cute, but they just don't go with a lot of my clothes. (This is what happens when my mom says I should buy things.) I like the normal blue color but wish they were navy instead just so they'd go with more of my clothes. Perhaps as I get older, they'll work with my wardrobe more since they are more "mature" shorts.

August 8, 2017

Kendra Scott drusy necklace | Floral off-the-shoulder top from TJ Maxx | Forever 21 shorts 
This is definitely one of my favorite outfits from this summer. The color scheme is quite simple and can work for multiple seasons. I put together this outfit rather easily since the pink shorts matched well with the off-the-shoulder top yet it looks super cute. You don't always have to put so much effort into an outfit to look cute!

August 12, 2017

Forever 21 earrings | Ci Sono chambray off-the-shoulder dress from Marshalls 
My mom dragged me to her friend's birthday party this day, so I figured I should dress up a little. I wish I had a gold choker to go with this dress because the outfit's pretty plain, but at least my dangly pink earrings make up for it.

This was actually my first time wearing those earrings even though I've had them since high school. I could never find the right outfit to wear them with. It turns out light chambray goes great with neon pink, light pink, and gold! It adds a nice pop of color and shine.

August 13, 2017

Ambiance Apparel floral peplum top from A'GACI | Banana Republic shorts 
Unlike my other Banana Republic shorts, I knew exactly which top would go with these shorts. This is such a fun summer outfit that's a little fancier than normal but not over the top or anything!

August 19, 2017

USA Gymnastics tank top from Under Armour | Hollister shorts
I had to get an MRI this day, so I did my best to wear comfy clothes that had no metal whatsoever. I did a good job because I was able to just wear this while getting the MRI and didn't have to wear a gown!

My sister got me this USA Gymnastics shirt from the Under Armour store in SoHo. Since USA Gymnastics was having its big meet that weekend, I decided to wear it. Plus, it's a comfy shirt with no metal, making it perfect to wear the day of an MRI.

August 20, 2017

Tank top from Nordstrom Rack | Derek Heart floral skirt from Wet Seal | American Eagle sandals 
I haven't worn this skirt that much, so I wanted to pull it out of my closet at least once this summer. It's super soft, and even though it's a bodycon skirt, it didn't feel tight or confining at all. I love that my tank top and crossbody bag pair really well with the coral and pink colors from my skirt to pull it all together.

August 25, 2017

Kendra Scott drusy necklace | Forever 21 dress | Forever 21 plaid flannel | Mad Love sandals from Target | Kate Spade purse
This was my first day in New York this August. Yes, I wore a dress to the airport and on the plane. It was actually really comfy, so if you have comfy casual dresses, consider wearing them next time you fly (weather permitting, of course!). I added the flannel around my waist to add some flair to the outfit. It also provided another layer if I got cold on the plane.

Plus, I went to see a Broadway show that night, so I wanted to wear a cute outfit without changing from what I wore on the plane.

August 26, 2017

Sienna Sky top from TJ Maxx | Express sunglasses | Kate Spade purse | H&M shorts | American Eagle sandals
Here's another top I got from the start of summer but never got around to wearing until August. Honestly, I think I just forgot about it. At first, I thought the thin halter straps plus the off-the-shoulder style would look weird, but it's actually pretty cute! Plus, it keeps the top from sliding down your shoulders or back.

I adore the light colors and florals of the top. It just seems very summery and refreshing, which is perfect for a warm summer day. Also, I went to SoHo this day, so I'm glad I decided to wear this cute and trendy outfit on our shopping day.

August 27, 2017

Forever 21 dress | Kate Spade purse | classic white Converse
This was my last day in New York as we were flying back to Illinois that night. Once again, I wore a dress to the airport and on a flight. It was comfy and saved space in my suitcase since I didn't have to pack multiple tops and bottoms. 

I got tired of wearing sandals, so I switched to my Converse for this final day even though I knew they'd be a bit difficult to take off at the airport. But my feet just needed a break from flat sandals after the miles of walking we did. (It doesn't help that I have pretty flat feet.) Luckily, I had TSA Pre-check and didn't have to remove my shoes!

August 29, 2017

Broadway Dance Center t-shirt | Forever 21 high-waisted shorts | Wet Seal slides | Aeropostale purse
I just really wanted to wear my new Broadway Dance Center shirt my sister got me, and I didn't think we were going to do much that day. I still wanted to be trendy with my outfit (and wear pink), though, so I paired the graphic tee with high-waisted pink shorts and floral slides.



What outfits did you like from August? What clothes and styles did you pull from your closet during this last month of summer?

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.