Fashion Friday: My Favorite Outfits of 2017

Today's the last Friday of 2017, so I'm celebrating by sharing my favorite outfits I've worn this year for the final Fashion Friday post of the year!

January 3


I rarely choose outfits from winter as one of my favorites from the year because I don't like winter fashion as much as summer, spring, or fall. I just haven't figured out how to dress really cute in the winter while staying warm and wearing a big puffy jacket and/or I lose motivation to put together outfits when they're just going to be covered by a jacket.

I honestly don't remember anything about this day, but I'm guessing it wasn't that cold since that green jacket I'm holding is one of my lighter jackets. I love that floral bomber, and the jeans and ankle boots combo is classic. The black velvet choker also adds a nice touch of edginess to contrast with the floral pattern of the jacket and the baby pink shirt.



April 8


I wore this to an awards banquet and felt like a ballerina in heels. I wish I were a ballerina or had even an ounce of the coordination and grace they do, so I'd probably love any outfit that makes me feel like a ballerina. The pearls and beaded embellishments on the bodice of the dress are beautiful and add just the right amount of sparkle to the otherwise pretty plain dress. My rose gold bracelets and shoes add a little more shine while adhering to a color palette.

April 28


I don't think I've ever chosen a workout outfit as one of my favorites before, but I especially love this one and wanted to add some variety to this post. I absolutely adore the details on the pieces of this outfit. The ladder-back style of the sports bra is super cool, as is the mesh cutouts of the leggings. I'm all for fashionable activewear with trendy and cool details like that. My pink/orange/purple ombre Nikes add a nice pop of color to the mostly black outfit.

May 8


Even though this was in early May, it wasn't as warm as I hoped it would be on this day. However, that's okay, because it gave me an opportunity to wear this adorable ensemble. Off-the-shoulder tops and dresses were a huge trend this year, and this light pink and white striped top from Forever 21 was my first one. I love how fresh and spring-like it looks with the colors, and the ruffled sleeves are adorable and add a nice flair without going over the top. The distressed light wash jeans keep the outfit soft while adding some contrast to the more girly top.

May 13


I just really love my graduation dress and wish I got to wear it for more than one occasion this year. The bold floral print pops really well against the black, and the little triangle cutouts at the top are a fun, trendy detail. If you remember from when I originally posted this outfit, my dress has pockets, which automatically makes any dress better.

May 27

This is definitely one of my all-time favorite outfits I've ever worn. It's such a simple yet comfy and cute outfit that I never expected. It gives off a boho vibe with the wrap style pants combined with the big tote bag and layered necklace.

May 28


What I love about this outfit is that it gives me Kate Spade vibes even though the only Kate Spade piece is the purse. The floral print and colors remind me of the Kate Spade summer style that's fun, bold, and a little whimsical.

June 24


My favorite part of this outfit is definitely the top. The off-the-shoulder style is definitely trendy, the floral print is different from others I've sported, and its made of a lightweight fabric that allows it to work well even when it's warm out. I don't do long sleeve/shorts or short sleeve/no sleeve/pants combo outfits too often, but I especially like this one. I enjoy the light color palette. It works quite well against my tanned skin, and I always enjoy an outfit that looks really cute but is easy to put together like this one.

July 1


There are so many things I like about this outfit: the combo of the stripes and the embroidered floral design on the top to the distressed and frayed black shorts to the cute little backpack. 

July 17


This is such a simple outfit, but I love it so much. It definitely made me feel very trendy and like a fashionista or influencer thousands of people follow on Instagram. The choker cutout was another big trend this year, and it adds an edgy vibe to the dress. Pairing it with classic white Converse gives it an urban/streetstyle kind of feel while keeping it super comfy.

July 22

Although this is definitely more of a nighttime outfit (that I wore mostly in the bright daytime of July), it's one of my favorites from this year nonetheless. This floral jumpsuit was a piece I was so excited to wear all summer. I just had to wait for the right occasion to wear it.

On this day, my family and I (minus my sister who spent her summer in New York) went to a Brazilian steakhouse to celebrate my brother's birthday. I originally wasn't going to change into this jumpsuit until later that day, but my mom insisted I just wear what I was going to wear that night all day.

Besides the trendy X neckline and the floral print, I love that this jumpsuit doesn't make me look short despite my 5'3" height and short-ish legs. Wearing it with sandals keeps it casual while adding the choker adds an edgy touch. I would've like to pair the jumpsuit with some black heeled sandals to dress it up a bit and give myself some height but don't have any.

July 30


I'm upset I wasn't able to capture my shoes in this photo, but they are the same shoes I'm wearing in the outfit below this, just so you know and can get an idea. This is another piece I bought over the summer and was waiting to wear. I wore this to church on a Sunday, and when I go to church on Sundays, I like to dress up a bit.

If you couldn't tell by now, I love floral print, but besides that, what I love about this dress is the fit and neckline. It's a trapeze dress that flares out from the very top, and it has a square-ish halter neckline that I find rather unique. The light colors are great for summer, and I like how white and light colors give off a sort of freshness (for the lack of a better word). 

August 6


I really wish I could've gotten a better picture of this outfit because it's definitely in my top three of the entire summer but didn't get home until late that night. I wore this to a family friend's big dinner birthday party at Maggiano's. I love the hot pink color and the wrap maxi/high-low style of the dress. It's a simple dress that could easily be dressed up or down. My white wedges added a nice contrast to the hot pink while my layered necklace added some depth and shine.

September 10


This outfit is definitely my favorite outfit of the entire year. The style of the skirt is similar to the dress above but is much more appropriate for fall with its deeper, darker colors. The light pink top adds contrast but also brings out some of the lighter colors in the skirt. Last, but not least, are my lace-up heeled sandals that I absolutely adore and wish I got to wear more this year. 

October 8


Here's my birthday outfit from this year, including a better look at those shoes I wore in the outfit above. I'm used to pretty mild weather on my birthday, and this year was no exception. But since October is definitely a fall month regardless of how it feels outside, I like to wear fall-like colors, like the maroon-ish color of the dress, which looks like it has a pink tint to it. I love the combo of the choker cutout with the lace-up at the neckline and the little ruffled sleeves. 

October 15


I definitely felt like a fashion blogger on this day. I love how all of the softer, more neutral hues of this outfit went really well together in addition to the different textures of leather, knit, denim, and suede.

November 4


What I like most about this outfit is how much seems to be going on but how it still seems to work. There's stripes, plaid, bright pink, navy, red, green, and beige all in this one outfit, but it doesn't look like something a high schooler would wear for Tacky Day, and it isn't overwhelming. I don't typically wear or associate bright, bold, and very vibrant colors with the winter months, but I couldn't pass it up with this puffer vest.

December 9


Bless the winter Bay Area weather this year for being wonderful while I was there because it allowed me to comfortably wear this adorable two-piece dress set to a December wedding. I enjoy the blue/navy/pink color combo, and it's done so well here. I love two-piece dress sets and have always wanted one since they became popular, and I'm so glad I got the chance to wear one. I love the lace top with the floral skirt. They go together but it's not super matchy and all one pattern or texture. The shoes add a fun pop of color and texture since they're a brighter pink than that on the skirt and are suede. Also, this did not photograph well, but the lace top is also shiny and has glitter, which I love.

December 10


Despite this outfit being my second choice for the day (my mom told me to change from a dress because she told me I'd be too cold even though it was going to be mid to upper 60s that day), I ended up really loving this outfit. It's comfy, urban, and isn't boring despite the lack of color. Everything is black or dark gray, but the flannel and t-shirt have light pink to add just a bit of color. Flannels are ripped jeans are perfect together, and the slip-on faux leather sneakers add some more fun and edge. This is the epitome of comfy, casual, and cool for me.

December 16


Somehow it wasn't freezing yet at this time of the month because I wore a dress without tights and my legs didn't freeze. I wish I could say the same now. Anyway, I love the simple color palette of this outfit. The olive green and black and pretty neutral while the pink in the floral print adds a little pop. The jacket adds some warmth and a casual aspect to the outfit that may look rather dressy otherwise.


Which of my outfits did you like from this year, and/or what did you like wearing this year? Any trends you hope carry over to the new year?

2 comments

  1. Loved all your outfits but my favourite one was December 9ths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I absolutely loved wearing that two-piece dress set!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.