Fashion Friday: OOTD: Falling Into Winter

In the Midwest, November's typically the time of year where it starts feeling like winter even though the season doesn't officially start until nearly the end of December. This past November felt pretty mild for the most part but had some glimpses of early winter weather, as I demonstrated in my outfits from last month.

November 4, 2017

J Crew shirt | J Crew vest | Aeropostale jeans | Hunter boots | Blanket scarf from Apricot Lane Boutique | Kate Spade purse
I really wanted to wear this bright pink vest while it wasn't really cold out, so I wore it almost the first chance I got. It goes really well with my Hunter boots (there's a bright pink stripe on the back of them) as well as my blanket scarf. It adds a nice pop of color while providing some warmth.


November 11, 2017

Forever 21 sweater | Garage jeans | Blanket scarf from Target | Steve Madden purse from Marshalls | Blondo boots from Nordstrom
This outfit was feeling pretty plain and too simple, even with the sweater having the lace trim, so I added the blanket scarf and liked the depth and contrast it provided.

November 19, 2017

Forever 21 headband | Marc New York jacket | Forever 21 sweater and necklace | Steve Madden boots
I only wore a big, puffy winter jacket once in November, and it was on this day when it felt pretty cold and winter-like. And because I had to wear this jacket to stay warm, I didn't put too much effort into my outfit since it wouldn't be seen much.

I like white jackets because they match everything, and white is a nice winter color, but they can get dirty pretty easily. I also like longer jackets because "normal length" ones feel too short to me. Plus, I often wear long cardigans that I don't want peeking out of my jacket.

November 24, 2017

Adidas quilted bomber jacket from Marshalls | Me to We bodysuit from PacSun | Steve Madden sneakers and purse from Marshalls 
Black Friday was actually a really nice and mild fall day. I didn't even really need that jacket with all the crowds and walking I was doing, and I was at an outdoor mall! I thought the end of the month was a perfect time to wear that striped bodysuit as it has some warm, fall colors. The color of the jacket actually pairs perfectly with the bodysuit. And comfy, fashionable sneakers were a must on Black Friday because I knew I'd be walking a lot!

November 25, 2017

Bleuh Ciel sweatshirt top from Marshalls | Ankle pants from Gap | Steve Madden sneakers from Marshalls | Kate Spade purse 
Thanksgiving weekend in general was really nice weather-wise. I didn't have to wear a jacket this day, so I wanted to wear a top I could show off while I still could. So it was the perfect opportunity to wear this cute sweatshirt top with mesh and embroidery at the top. I also adore the little bows at the sleeves. Little details like that are a great way to elevate a comfy sweatshirt. For some pop, I wore some hot pink ankle pants from Gap and a pink Kate Spade bag.


What clothes and outfits were you able to get away with in November before the real winter cold came?

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.