November Favorites

Image credit
November wasn't too eventful of a month for me, even with Thanksgiving happening, so this monthly favorites post won't be as long as others. However, I did find and wear some new things I really enjoyed.

e.l.f. brown sugar lip exfoliator


Although I consider myself to be a girly girl, I don't actually own that many beauty/makeup or hair products or am that into that stuff. However, I highly recommend this lip exfoliator. Whether you wear lipstick or just lip balm, it's an easy-to-use and wallet-friendly product.

You just apply it to your lips in a circular motion and then wait a bit for it to do its magic. Then you wipe it off, and any dry, chapped, and/or dead layers of your lips come off with it. Put some lip balm on top afterwards, and you're good to go! This makes your lips a clean and smooth canvas to apply lipstick. With winter coming, this is a good product to have and use regularly so your lips don't get chapped.



Blanket scarves


Fall and winter are the seasons of warm, cozy scarves, and blanket scarves are the epitome of warm and cozy. After all, they're called blanket scarves because they're huge and soft like a blanket. I love these not only because they keep your neck warm and cozy, but because they're a great accessory and addition to an outfit. Blanket scarves aren't like normal scarves where you're just trying to keep your neck warm and will take it off with your jacket. They can add a nice pop of color or just another dimension to an ensemble. Oftentimes blanket scarves can be rather pricey, but you can find ones for less than $20 at Charlotte Russe and ones as low as $7 in the dollar section at Target!


UNK floral Bulls crop hoodie from Rue 21



Basketball's my favorite major sport, and since I was born and raised in the Chicagoland area, the Bulls are my favorite team. However, I don't care much for traditional NBA fan gear like jerseys and player t-shirts. This hoodie is the perfect way for me to support the Bulls (even if they are the worst team in the NBA) because it's definitely my style.

I love the cropped fit and the graphics. I love floral print, and it goes so well with the red Bulls logo. The sleeves also have the floral graphic on them, which I absolutely love. It adds a fun, feminine edge.


Bleuh Ciel embroidered mesh top sweatshirt from Marshalls


I bought this top a few months ago but never got around to wearing it until a few weeks ago. The top is really cool with the mesh and embroidered flowers. It combines some feminine flair with edge and comfort since it's a sweatshirt. This sweatshirt is perfect for when you don't want to put a lot of effort into your outfit but want something more elevated that a t-shirt and jeans.


Aly Raisman



Ever since I started following gymnastics in 2012, Aly Raisman has always been one of my favorite gymnasts. In the past year or so, though, she's become a favorite of mine beyond her gymnastics. She's become such a great spokesperson and role model, and it's always great when I can admire a gymnast, gymnastics aside. She's a fierce, strong woman who isn't afraid to speak up to stand up for what's right.

Since the USA Gymnastics sex abuse scandal made the news about a year ago, Aly has made it known that she is not happy with USA Gymnastics for allowing this to happen and things need to change. And that was all before she spoke up as a victim of this abuse in mid-November. Now she's speaking up more than ever for herself and for everyone who has ever been a victim of sexual abuse or assault.

I could go on and on or include 20 different examples from November of why I love Aly, but it'd be easier if you just went through her Twitter.

Perfect (Duet) by Ed Sheeran and Beyonce



I already loved this song, but what could be better than an Ed Sheeran and Beyonce duet? While I don't like this version more than the original, it's still a great song sung by great artists, and Beyonce definitely adds a nice contrast and perspective in the music and song itself.


What are some of your favorite things, memories, or purchases from November?

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.