My Favorite Blog Posts of 2017


Happy new year! For the first post of 2018, I'm taking a look back at my favorite posts from 2017. Blog posts were not very abundant in the first half of 2017, but once I finished school, I had so much more time to blog. To read the original blog post, just click the blog post title in pink!

College Reflections from a Recent Illini Alumna



What kind of journalist, blogger, or writer would I be if I didn't reflect on my four years of college with a nice, long blog post? While I'm not sure I would call my four years at the University of Illinois the best four years of my life, I did very much enjoy my time there. From the people I met to the fun times I had to the many lessons (academic and otherwise) I learned, I couldn't help but reflect on it. Plus, it gave me a chance to post some of my favorite graduation photos!


Pretty Little Liars Fashion Favorites


While I've done a favorites series with a TV show before (I did a blog series about all of my favorite songs from Glee), I'd never done one about the fashion of a show. Pretty Little Liars finally came to an end last year, and in addition to the excessive drama and numerous reveals, it was known for styling its cast with some really awesome clothes. As a fashion lover who'd watched the series from start to finish, I thought it would be fun to go back at all the episodes and choose which outfits I liked best.


Capturing My First Bite of the Big Apple



I went to New York for the first time last year and took so many photos. I hadn't done many travel or photography posts last year, so I definitely enjoyed sharing my favorite photos from my first trip to NYC. 


Fashion Friday: Style Icons: Aly Raisman



I've done several style icons posts by now, but the one featuring Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman is definitely one of my favorites ever. Most people are used to seeing Aly in a Team USA leotard or some other activewear, so going through photos and finding which of her non-gymnastics outfits I liked most was definitely fun. Of the Olympic gymnasts from the past two Games, Aly's style definitely my favorite. Plus, she acknowledged my tweet about it, so that was fantastic, too.




National Suicide Prevention Week 2017: What I Was Made For



Raising mental health awareness is something I like to do on this blog whenever possible without veering from the subject matter of the post because I feel like mental health still needs more attention. National Suicide Prevention Week is a perfect time to do so with a blog post, and the non-profit To Write Love on Her Arms always helps me in writing a post to raise awareness.

This year, TWLOHA's NSPW campaign was "I Was Made For ..." so I did an entire blog post about what I feel I was made for, meant to do, and put on this earth for. I enjoyed thinking of what I was made for and hope it inspired others to do the same, to let them know they are here for a reason.


Snapshots of San Francisco



I don't normally travel much in one year, but 2017 took me to New York (twice) and the Bay Area. Trips mean taking lots of photos, which I took plenty of when I was in California in December. One of my favorite things about this blog post was that I'd been to San Francisco before, taken photos there before, but my photos this time were so much better than four years ago. So I really enjoyed sharing my favorite shots and seeing how much I'd improved with photography.


What I Got for Christmas 2017



Sharing what you got for Christmas with the entire web can seem like bragging, but that really wasn't my intention. I enjoyed sharing what presents I received this past Christmas as it made me think of what I really liked about them, making me even more grateful to have received them. I feel that sharing what gifts others gave you shows how much you appreciate them and the gift(s).


What posts did you like seeing from me last year? Any specific categories or kinds? (Fashion, photography, personal, etc.) What would you like to see more/less of?

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.