Fashion Friday: Style Icons: Lea Michele

Image credit
For the past few weeks, my sister and I have been rewatching the former Fox hit TV show Glee. In honor of that, I decided to feature its star, Lea Michele, in my latest Fashion Friday post as a style icon.

I definitely considered myself a Gleek, as it was my favorite show when I was in high school. I enjoyed so many of the songs it gave the world, and I really enjoyed rewatching it now that I've been to New York (where Rachel Berry, Lea's character, aspires to be) and now that I've watched a few musicals (they sang a lot of showtunes on the show). And while Rachel Berry's fashion sense wasn't my favorite in the show (especially the first few seasons), I adore a bunch of the outfits Lea has worn as herself.


A post shared by Lea Michele (@leamichele) on

This jumpsuit just screams fresh and earthy elegant to me. White always gives me crisp, clean, and fresh vibes, and the lace is a pretty little detail. I didn't realize this before, but it's cool how the nude mesh at the top of the jumpsuit gives it a faux choker look. The shiny beading on the top is what gives me that earthy elegant feel and adds a nice amount of sparkle to the white jumpsuit. The metallic clutch also adds a nice shine factor.




A post shared by Lea Michele (@leamichele) on

Though this outfit is all black, it isn't too simple or lacks depth and dimension. The somewhat shiny design on the skirt of the dress looks really cool even though I have no idea what the design is, and the high slit gives it some flair and lets some skin show.



A post shared by Lea Michele (@leamichele) on

I love everything about this dress. The pale pink is beautiful, and you know I'm a sucker for pink. The strap halter neckline is cool, and the lace corset inspired bodice adds a nice contrasting texture to the long, flowy pleated skirt. I feel like it's a glam rock ballerina princess dress, which I really appreciate because I myself don't have a set kind of style.



A post shared by Lea Michele (@leamichele) on

Considering Lea wore this stunning sequin number for the Disney holiday celebration, it's perfect. Is there a dress that screams winter ice princess more than this?



A post shared by Lea Michele (@leamichele) on

I would definitely consider this a girl boss outfit. It's professional and business appropriate but is stylish and fit for any woman ready to rock her business.



A post shared by Lea Michele (@leamichele) on

To me, this seems like a great balance of casual and glam. Without the heels and embellishments, it's a pretty casual outfit with just the black deep v-neck crop top and black midi (maxi-ish?) skirt. But the heels and embellishments adorning the matching set give it a gorgeous touch of glam that reminds me of royalty.



A post shared by Lea Michele (@leamichele) on

The first thing I thought of when I saw this was season one of Glee when Rachel dresses up as Sandy from Grease. It's similar to Sandy's final outfit but with some modern flair. The small cutout and peplum hem are cute and trendy, and I always love some lace, which adorns the hem of her pants.



A post shared by Lea Michele (@leamichele) on

There isn't a single thing I dislike about this outfit. I love floral print, and though the white floral print seems a little old fashioned and like something you'd see on an old upholstered chair, it looks clean and fresh. The trio of cutouts above the waist add a fun modern touch, and everything here just pops so well on her tanned skin. Lea definitely picked a great time to wear this.



A post shared by Lea Michele (@leamichele) on

What I love about this outfit is how casual yet trendy it is. We always see celebrities wearing expensive, beautiful gowns and even expensive clothing on a day-to-day basis, but when I see this, I see an outfit anyone could replicate. The knotted solid tee and pleated miniskirt and simple but both have something that adds a little flair. I absolutely love her sandal slides with the (metal or pearl? I can't tell with the lighting) embellishments and adhere to the simple color pallet.



A post shared by Lea Michele (@leamichele) on

Quite a few of my favorite things are present in this outfit from last year's Grammys, such as crop tops, florals, and matching sets. The black detailing and outlining throughout the top and skirt with the floral embroidery are gorgeous. The pastel florals really pop against the black fabric, and the high neckline really balances out the coverage of the outfit with the crop top and maxi skirt.


Which of Lea's outfits would you want most? Though I'd love that pink dress, I have no need or use for it and am going with that simple and casual shirt and skirt combo with the fun slide-on sandals.

1 comment

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.