My January Favorites

Image credit
January was a pretty chill month (literally and figuratively) as I spent most of it watching TV, reading, listening to music, eating, or job searching. That gave me a lot of time to find and try some new things that I really enjoyed, which I've listed below:


Supernova - Ansel Elgort



Actor and musician Ansel Elgort released his latest song last month, and it's so fun! It's definitely unlike anything I've heard before with the electronic beats and jazz flute combination. His voice sounds amazing and really stands out against the electronic-sounding music, creating a cool juxtaposition of sounds and vibes.


Fierce by Aly Raisman



I've read quite a few biographies/memoirs from Olympic gymnasts, but this is definitely my favorite. While Aly's book of course goes into detail about her gymnastics and Olympic journey, it also discusses important topics like body image, family, and mental health. It was candid, personal, and well-written and even provided great resources for some of those aforementioned topics at the end. Aly managed to write about those serious topics while still making it appropriate for all of her fans as they also include children.


Skinny Pop cinnamon & sugar popcorn mini cakes


I've been a big fan of Skinny Pop for a while now. I loved it since I first tried it a few years ago. When I saw a big bag of these at Sam's Club, I was intrigued and definitely wanted to try them. These are such a great snack because they're sweet and a bit salty but not overwhelmingly sweet like other cinnamon sugar foods can be. Plus, they're a snack you won't feel guilty about even if you end up eating half the bag or the whole thing. 


Duncan Hines Perfect Size for 1 cookies & cream mug cake mix



Unfortunately for me and my family, the oven in our house is broken, so I can't bake any desserts! My sister and I are really bummed about it, so when we saw these microwaveable cake in a mug mixes at the grocery store, we knew we had to try them. We love cookies and cream and all things Oreo, so that's the flavor we opted for.

All you need to make it is the cake mix, a mug, and some water or milk. I heard from someone I went to high school with that it tastes better when you make it with milk rather than water (which makes sense to me because hot cocoa made with milk over water is definitely better), but our milk was expired at the time, so we used water. It actually tasted quite good, even though we used water. It was nice and moist and a good size. We topped ours with some ice cream to make it even better. I'll definitely be buying more of these and in more flavors.



Felt letterboard

A post shared by Amanda Wijangco (@amanda_carmela) on

I'm not sure when letterboards started trending, but I was into it the second I saw them all over Instagram. My sister found a little green one at the Dollar Spot at Target, and I admit I was jealous I didn't find one in a color I wanted. I remembered seeing a pink one at Hobby Lobby in December, so I Googled pink letterboards and found out Target Dollar Spot's sold mini pink ones just like the one my sister got! I was definitely upset the Target I went to didn't have the pink one. A few Target trips later, I found the pink one and immediately grabbed it.

So far I haven't put any other messages on it except the one pictured above but enjoy the ability to put whatever message up I want. It's fun and makes text focused Instagram posts better.


Express sweater


Sometime last month I walked into Express and saw this sweater and instantly wanted to buy it. But then I looked at the price tag and decided I shouldn't get it. Then I saw a sign that said the sweaters were all 50% off or some other percentage I can't remember, making the sweater a price I was willing to pay.

I love the color of it and the stripes on the sleeves. I feel like it gives it a bit of an athletic look. It's sort of cropped and kind of a turtleneck, which I really like, and it's really soft and comfy.


Forever 21 pink denim jacket


I found this denim jacket in the clearance section at Forever 21, so it was only like $10, which a score for any denim jacket! What I love about this jacket (because the color, of course!) is the fit. It's a little oversized and loose, which is great for a comfy casual look that could use layers and some '90s vibes. 


What were the highlights of some favorites from your January?

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.