2018 Oscars Fashion Favorites

Chelsea Lauren/REX/Shutterstock
This past weekend was one of the biggest nights in Hollywood as the 90th Academy Awards (better known as the Oscars) took place. While the awards are all about the movies and everyone who helps make them, I most enjoy the fashion and red carpet looks from the show and its after parties.

While there were a lot of outfits I liked from the Oscars red carpet, I've highlighted my favorites from what I saw below. (I mean, is it possible to see absolutely every red carpet look?) And for the first time on this blog, I've also included men's fashion!


Hailee Steinfeld

A post shared by hailee steinfeld (@haileesteinfeld) on

It's no secret that I love Hailee Steinfeld's style, especially her red carpet looks. I featured several of them in my style icon post featuring the singer/actress. This black lace layered dress is my latest favorite look of hers. I love how the black lace adds some edge to the feminine ensemble, full of lace and tulle. The black lace pops really well against the white tulle layers underneath, and the train is just stunning. What a statement maker this dress was at the Vanity Fair Oscars after-party!




Emma Watson


This dress is just so cool. The embellished chains at the top of the dress are intricate and beautiful, adding a nice amount of sparkle to the solid black dress. There's a nice balance of edge and elegance that I didn't see much in anyone else's outfit.



Elsa Hosk

A post shared by elsa hosk (@hoskelsa) on

While this is definitely a bold choice to wear on any red carpet, leave it to Victoria's Secret Angel Elsa Hosk to pull this off. I absolutely love how much sparkle and shine there is, and black is always a good color.Wearing sheer tops to show off bralettes has become rather popular in recent months, and Hosk takes that to a whole new level here.



Ansel Elgort


It's funny that I use this picture because it wasn't even posted on Instagram to talk about Ansel, but I thought this photo showed off his jacket really well, which is what I wanted. (I adore his girlfriend, Violetta, though!)

When it comes to men's fashion and red carpet looks, it can get rather boring. That's changed a bit in the past few years with guys wearing unique jackets, pants, and even ditching the suit or tuxedo idea altogether. This dark green velvet jacket is awesome, trendy, and adds the right amount of sophisticated flair.



Sebastian Stan


Speaking of cool velvet jackets, Sebastian Stan chose a cool, unique one from Tom Ford. I have no idea what the pattern/print is supposed to be, but combined with all of the colors and the velvet texture, it's definitely steals the show.



Darren Criss


Looks like velvet jackets were a bit of a trend at this year's Oscars, huh? I love burgundy, and Darren Criss wears it well. The geometric pattern adds some depth to the jacket along with the velvet.



Emma Stone


Emma Stone hopped on the burgundy jacket train with Darren Criss and wore it well. I love how she paired the jacket with a pink belt and bow. It really adds a fun pop of color and contrast.



Jenna Dewan Tatum


Even though this is a pretty simple dress, I love it, and it looks fabulous on Jenna Dewan. The U-shape neckline is rather unique and adds some flair to the solid dress. But my favorite part is the embellished slit. It's so pretty and adds the right amount of sparkle.



Zendaya

A post shared by Zendaya (@zendaya) on

While I liked Zendaya's dress from the actual awards show, I love this dress from the Vanity Fair after-party. The light champagne color is gorgeous, and the jewels everywhere just make the dress glow. The beaded skirt at the bottom is a fun touch and creates a lovely shape and silhouette.




What are your thoughts on this year's Oscars (fashion, movies, and all)?

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.