Fashion Friday: Style Icons: Stephanie Styles

Image credit
Last weekend I was thoroughly entertained by watching Stephanie Styles's Instagram story of her being the happiest person ever when she was at Disneyland. I vicariously lived through her and just enjoyed watching her be super happy and adorable at Disneyland. After watching that, I would definitely say I adore her.

She's most famous for being the first person to play Katherine in the first national tour of Disney's Newsies (the live musical, not the movie from the 1990s.), which is my favorite Broadway musical. I've only seen the professionally recorded version of the musical that was in theaters, which you can now find on Netflix or Amazon, and she actually wasn't it that one, but I started following her on Instagram several months ago just because I really like Newsies. Now I'm just a big fan of her even though I've never seen anything she's in.

Obviously she's a great singer. She's a huge Disney fan (I could probably do an entire post about my favorite Disney outfits of hers), and she can do amazing impressions of different Disney characters (including singing just like Snow White, which blows my mind!). Her hair always looks so pretty, and she can rock red lipstick like no one else, and I just love her and her style. So I wanted to feature her as one of my style icons. After all, her last name is Styles!


A post shared by Stephanie Styles (@bystyles) on

What a pretty and perfectly springy Easter outfit! I love the different textures from the top and the skirt (I honestly don't know if this is a dress?) and how they contrast. The skirt reminds me very much of a flowy ballerina skirt considering the tulle-like material and how it looks in that slo-mo, and I love it! Knowing Stephanie loves Disney, this outfit definitely makes me think of Cinderella. The nude accessories go well with the color palette and keep it clean and soft.




A post shared by Stephanie Styles (@bystyles) on

This isn't an entire outfit and just a shirt, but I don't care because this shirt is awesome! I love Krispy Kreme doughnuts and beignets, so obviously I adore this shirt. And the red lip is perfect with it!


A post shared by Stephanie Styles (@bystyles) on

This is such a cute summer outfit! It's perfect for the Teen Choice Awards, which she wore this to. The ruffled off-the-shoulder dress was trendy then and still is now, and the tropical print is perfect for summer. It's not super dressy but isn't super casual, making it a good choice for a more casual awards show like Teen Choice. Also, her yellow earrings are adorable and add a fun pop of color.


A post shared by Stephanie Styles (@bystyles) on

Stephanie Styles wore jumpsuits before they were cool and trendy. The floral and nature print on the strapless Alice + Olivia jumpsuit is shown off really well against the navy base, and the wide leg bottoms give it a little flair. The little Gucci crossbody is a perfect pairing as it stays within the color palette and keeps it simple.


A post shared by Stephanie Styles (@bystyles) on

Here's another ruffled off-the-shoulder dress, but this one is made of a denim/chambray fabric, which is always an interesting fabric to work with because it's pretty neutral despite it being some shade of blue. It's a very fitting fabric for spring/summer as it's typically lighter and more casual. I actually have a dress just like this one but in a lighter wash, but Stephanie rocks hers with a fun little scarf around her neck that's dainty and playful, which can be difficult to pull off. Her sunglasses, bag, and sandals are all pretty neutral color-wise, really making the darker blue of the scarf pop.


A post shared by Stephanie Styles (@bystyles) on

This is by far my favorite outfit I've ever seen her wear. Monochrome looks can be hard to make work sometimes, even with black. But Stephanie is killing the all-black ensemble! She played with the textures so well, which is what really made this monochromatic outfit successful. The sequins on the top and the tulle skirt create a nice contrast even though they're the same color. The sequined top also adds a pretty sparkle, which I always appreciate. The fit-and-flare style of the skirt creates a nice shape and silhouette, which can be a big factor in monochromatic outfits since everything generally looks the same. The solid tights and heels add a smooth, soft texture to the outfit to complete it. I just think this is such a cute outfit that's perfect for a winter or holiday party.



I think it's safe to say Stephanie is a fan of ruffles. I really like the different textures happening with the dress, from the ruffled sleeves to the sheer/cutout pattern at the top of the bodice and bottom of the skirt. Yellow is of course the perfect color to wear to a Beauty and the Beast event, and that Mickey purse from the Coach x Disney collection is the perfect accessory! The nude heels are a nice choice as they allow the dress to be the star of the outfit.



White, lace dresses aren't only for weddings, as Stephanie shows in this pretty dress that's fit for a sunny, beautiful getaway. The lace pattern is pretty unique compared to lace clothing you see in stores. It's very much based around circular florals. The cold shoulder and off-the-shoulder sleeve combo is fun, and the strings to tie a bow in the middle add a cute little detail.



Once again she shows white lace isn't just for weddings! I'm a sucker for a halter neckline dress, and the lace overlay over the nude is just stunning! It really makes the white stand out. As I'm sure you've noticed in some of the previous pictures, Stephanie can rock a red lip like no other, and it's the perfect little touch here to add just the right amount of color.



This dress is just gorgeous. Everything about it is just so amazingly eye-catching: the color, the layers, the floral embellishments throughout. I have no words.



Which of Stephanie's looks did you like best?

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.