My March Favorites


Last month was probably the most eventful month of 2018 for me. I went to multiple sporting events, tried lots of new food, and discovered some great music. Here are the things I discovered/initially tried and really enjoyed in March:


GK Elite x Marvel Comics Fitted Pull Over

Marvel Comics Fitted Pull Over
I got this quarterzip from the GK Elite booth at the Nastia Liukin Cup meet I went to at the start of March. I originally wasn't going to buy anything from its booth but saw this and thought it was too cool to pass up. The Marvel movies are my favorite superhero movies, and I could use more activewear, so I splurged.


Full Tilt mesh inset leggings from Tillys


If you saw my Tilly's shopping haul post, then these leggings should look familiar. These are really comfy, and I love the cool mesh and faux leather inset details. I'm a sucker for leggings with mesh insets and cutouts like these.


Steve Madden over-the-knee boots


I've wanted shoes like these for a while now but could never find ones in my size that I thought were worth buying. I found these at Nordstrom Rack, so I was able to score Steve Madden boots at a discounted price. They're pretty easy to put on and I can walk around in them for a good few hours. These shoes are pretty versatile, but I like to wear them with thick black leggings and a light jacket.


Reebok Harman Run Sneaker

Reebok Harman Run Sneaker in Blush Metallic
I saw these at a DSW one day while my mom was out shopping, and they immediately caught my eye at the front of the store. I've been more into sneakers for the past year or so, and I absolutely love rose gold and metallic blush colors. I actually didn't intend on buying them because I was trying to save money, but my mom ended up having a $10 off coupon that neither of us wanted to waste.

Besides the color, which I absolutely adore, I like that it's a pretty classic Reebok style sneaker, as classic sneakers seem to be making a comeback (like the Adidas Superstar). They also have a super comfy Ortholite insole, which makes these a great choice of footwear for long days on my feet.  I've only worn these once so far, but I'll definitely be wearing them more as the weather gets warmer. The blush metallic color can work for any season.


Smallcakes Cookie Monster and Vanilla Drum cupcakes


My local Smallcakes had some great March specials, including the Cookie Monster and Vanilla Drum cupcakes. The Cookie Monster one had cookie pieces and a fudge filling, and the Vanilla Drum one tasted very much like a vanilla Drumstick sundae cone!


Ben and Jerry's Milk and Cookies ice cream


Usually my go-to Ben & Jerry's flavor is Half Baked, but my sister and I have wanted to try Milk & Cookies for a few years now. We finally found a pint and love this flavor. It has a lot of cookie pieces in it that go great with the vanilla ice cream base.


Graeter's Double chocolate chip ice cream


Like a lot of people, I usually end up leaving Target with stuff I didn't intend on buying. My sister and I were in the mood for ice cream and saw this brand was on sale. We also just saw this brand featured in a video we saw on Facebook the day before, so we decided to buy two pints and give them a try. I got the double chocolate chip flavor, and it is so good! The ice cream is nice and creamy, and the chocolate chip pieces in it aren't hard to eat like chocolate can sometimes be in ice cream. You can really tell it has quality chocolate in it!


Little Goat Diner's cookies and cream milkshake


I went to this diner after going to a Bulls game and was in the mood for ice cream or something sweet, so I ordered this milkshake. I haven't had many milkshakes from a lot of different restaurants, but this is definitely one of my favorites! It has nice, big chocolate chip cookie (and maybe Oreo) pieces in it, which is awesome! The cookie pieces add some yummy texture to the creamy milkshake, and the diner definitely didn't skimp out on putting cookie pieces in the shake.



Found/Tonight - Lin-Manuel Miranda and Ben Platt


If you're a Broadway fan at all, I'm sure you've heard this Hamildrop. I'm a fan of both Hamilton and Dear Evan Hansen, so I definitely wanted to listen to this. And oh my gosh. IT. IS. AMAZING. Lin and Ben's voices sound great together and both of these songs are so inspiring. To hear this mash-up is awesome and to hear them sing each other's songs is so cool. And I love that they got to sing this for March for Our Lives.


Alien - Sabrina Carpenter, Jonas Blue


I had no idea Sabrina Carpenter had another song coming out soon, but I'm glad she did! Not only is "Alien" catchy and a song that easily gets stuck in my head, it can speak to a feeling a lot of people are familiar with. I know there are definitely been times when I wanted others to just tell me how they were feeling and/or if I was being paranoid in thinking others felt a certain way about me, overthinking and getting caught in my own emotions and thoughts. I'm just upset this is a pretty short song.


Love, Simon soundtrack


It only took a few minutes of watching Love, Simon for me to love the soundtrack. Once I saw that Jack Antonoff was the executive music producer and "Love Me" by The 1975 started playing, I knew I'd be a fan of the whole soundtrack. It has a good mixture of relatively current/recent alternative songs from Bleachers (of course, since that's Jack Antonoff's band) and The 1975, as well as some classics, like Whitney Houston and The Jackson 5.


Love, Simon

Last, but not least, is the movie Love, Simon itself. Even though I love books and reading, I honestly had no idea it was based off a book, and now I'm upset I didn't read the book before watching the movie. Regardless, Love, Simon was a great story with diverse characters you want to root for and can relate to. It has good conflict but isn't super cheesy or anything in its resolution. It teaches you there's nothing wrong in being true to yourself and that the people who truly love you will accept you for who you are, and what's better than that? I'm glad this movie exists because it has made so many people happy and inspired others and has been able to reach a wider audience than it did as a book since movies are more popular with books.



What were some of your favorites from March? Have you tried any of the food I had? And let me know if you've listened to any of the music or seen Love, Simon!

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.