Summer 2015: Pre-Vacation Shopping Haul

Summer's finally here, and that means warm weather. Warm weather means more shorts, sleeveless tops, and swimsuits. Here are the things I got to get ready for vacation and the rest of summer:

(If I get anymore new stuff, I'll continue to update this until I start packing for vacation.)

Target

I found this cute canvas in the dollar section of Target. It was only $3, and I love it! I always suggest looking around the dollar section when you go to Target, because there are a lot of good finds there!

I recently broke my phone around Mother's Day, so I had to get a new phone wristlet since the S5 is bigger than the S4. I love the pink and white polka dots. I'm not the biggest fan of the suction cups to hold the phone since I'm scared my phone's going to fall out or something, but it's actually very good and holding it in.



Marshalls

I thought I lost my swimsuits, and since I'm going to Florida for vacation this summer, I thought it'd be a good to have swimsuits. So I went out to buy a new one. I love the color (of course), but my favorite thing about this is probably the cutout design on the top part with the ruffles.


Rue 21 


I've been trying not to get so many clothes that are similar to what's already in my closet, so I've been trying to get more rompers. I don't have a lot of those, and I like them. I really love the crocheted back on these ones.


I'm going to Disney World soon, but I don't have any clothes with Disney characters or whatever on them, and I really like this muscle tee. I really like the Minnie Mouse graphic because it looks like she's popping out of the pocket, which is cute. I think this shirt's pretty perfect for a day at Disney World.  I'm actually going to return this shirt because I found a Minnie Mouse shirt that I like more than this one and will wear more often.


Aeropostale

I just thought these cropped athletic leggings were really cool, and they were on clearance. I love the palm trees, the chevron, and the ocean/waves with the surfer. It might be too hot to wear in Florida, but you never know! They're really comfy too.


Converse

I don't have a lot of sneakers, and I've been wanting white Converse for a little while now. I realized that they would work well with a lot of my clothes and outfits, Hopefully it doesn't rain too much in Florida while I'm there, because I wanted to wear these there since I'll be walking around a lot and won't always want to wear sandals.


TJ Maxx


I've wanted a denim jacket for years now, but it's hard to find one that's relatively cheap. This one was only $20, so I'm glad I found this one!

These shorts are actually hot pink; I just couldn't find a nice white balance and light to photograph these in. Anyway, I love the scalloped hem and lace underlay.


Like I mentioned earlier, I've been wanting more rompers. What I like most about this romper is that it's one of those rompers that look like a dress.

I just love everything about this swimsuit, especially the back of the top. Also, it turns out that I didn't lose my swimsuits. They were just in my sister's closet and not mine, so I guess I didn't really need this swimsuit, but I love it, so I'm keeping it.

I love the top of this romper. (Here's another one of those rompers that looks like a dress.)

Palm tree muscle tee = perfect for Florida and summer

I have pink Nike running shorts with a bit of orange on the side that I wear with my Nike running shoes, and the outfit felt incomplete without a Nike shirt. It's complete now.


Forever 21

I don't really know what it is about this dress that I love so much, but I saw it on a random rack and immediately loved it. I definitely think that as long as my size remains the same for the next few years and as long as this dress isn't completely out of style, I can continue wearing this. I feel like this is one of the more "grown-up" casual dresses I own, which makes it a good investment, yes?


Hollister

I don't own a lot of white, and I've been looking for one to go with some of the non-denim shorts I have. This was on sale at Hollister for $8, and I'm a pretty big fan of lace, so I decided to get it. After I bought it, I realized that it goes well with those pink scalloped hem shorts I got from TJ Maxx.


Tilly's


After going to my first Illinois football game last October and getting a glasses tan on my face, I realized that I should wear hats more often to prevent that from happening again. (My sister didn't get a glasses tan, and she was wearing a hat, so I've been convinced.) Since I'm going to Florida for vacation, I thought it'd be a good idea to get another hat (I only have one that I wear) for when I'm out in the sun by the pool. I love the elephant on this one, and it was only $10!

JC Penney

This is the Minnie Mouse shirt that I ended up getting and liking more over the one I got from Rue 21. I love the floral print and the colors. It's just something that I would wear much more than the other one. It goes with the rest of my clothes better.



Which clothes (or other things) are your favorites from this haul? And what's your summer wardrobe must-have this year?

My summer is starting to pick up, so an OOTD post should be coming in the near future, in addition to my experience at Dew Tour this weekend and my time in Florida; so stay tuned!













No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.