The Story Behind My Blog

This past Monday, I rediscovered by Blogger account while I was editing my current portfolio website. I originally made it so I could comment on Triple Twist Gym Blog's posts, where I am a contributor. (If you love gymnastics, you should definitely check it out.) Since I already had an account here and kind of wanted to start a blog, I decided to make this.

Even though I decided to use this to make a new blog, I wasn't completely sure of what I wanted the blog to be about or what it should be called. I'm a big huge fan of gymnastics and a big action sports fan, so those were two possibilities right there. But I already blog about gymnastics, so I threw that out. Then I realized I didn't want to limit myself to one subject, and I didn't want to make more than one blog, so I just decided to make a general one.

Once I figured that out, it was time to come up with a blog title and blog URL. I got "Identically Unique" from the fact that I am an identical twin, but my twin and I are quite different from one another even though we are the same in many ways, therefore making me, or us, unique.



My twin sister, Ashley, and I are both similar in personality and we share some of the same interests. For example, we both like writing, volleyball, and the same TV shows. We also both aspire to be journalists. The biggest difference though is that I'm more of a "girly girl" while Ashley is a tomboy. I love the color pink while she refuses to wear it. I love wearing dresses and skirts while she only wears them when she has to.

Another big difference connects to one of our similarities. As I said before, we both want to be journalists. But she wants to write about basketball, specifically the Chicago Bulls, when she grows up while I want to write about gymnastics. The Bulls are her obsession while gymnastics is mine.

Now that I've shared the story behind my blog, I intend to post at least once a week about anything I can think of. I already have some ideas in mind. The subjects of future blog posts include (but are not limited to) food, fashion, gymnastics, and action sports. Once school starts back up again, I will also probably blog about that as well talking about my classes, what journalistic work I'm doing, and more.

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.