Fashion Friday: My Favorite Fashion Trends of 2015

For me, 2015 was a great year in fashion. I really liked the trends and often incorporated them into my outfits. It's a new year, though, so some of these trends may be moving on. Here are my favorite trends from 2015 that I wouldn't mind seeing stick around for 2016.

Marsala: the color of the year

Forever 21 floral bodysuit | Pink Rose sweater from TJ Maxx | A'GACI top | Tribal print leggings from Ragstock | Bethany Mota flannel from Aeropostale | Floral backpack from Urban Outfitters
I'm a big fan of Pantone's 2015 color of the year. Even though it's usually a color for fall, clothing brands and other companies have found ways for it to work all year long. I typically like warmer colors more (my favorite color is pink), and marsala is a nice, deep, warm color. I don't really know why else I liked the color so much, but I'm going to continue wearing the color in 2016.


Ankle boots/booties

Dolce Vita booties

(L-R, top to bottom) 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Even though I've had ankle boots for a few years now, I never really wore them until this year, when they really came into style. They go well with so many things, as seen above. Whether an outfit's simple and classic or more bohemian, they were great to complete an outfit! They dressed up many of my outfits a bit and even worked with more casual outfits to add some height, like in outfit 3. I wore them so much during the latter end of 2015. I'm definitely going to continue to wear them this year.

Blanket scarves

Plaid blanket scarf from Apricot Lane Boutique


Blanket scarves are so warm and comfy! Plus, they're really cute and come in a variety of colors of plaid! I only have one, and I only wear it with casual outfits, but they can go with more dressy outfits, too. They can be paired with a dress and boots or a sweater and jeans. There are even multiple ways to wear/tie them! With their versatility, ability to keep your neck warm, and their cute look, what's not to love about blanket scarves?

Trapeze dresses

(L-R) 1 | 2 | 3
When I was still in high school, my mom bought me the pink lace Free People trapeze dress in outfit 3, and I didn't like how it looked on me. The fit wasn't trendy or fashionable then. When I wore it, I paired it with a belt so it would be more of a skater dress because I just really didn't care for the trapeze fit. It's funny how fashion and trends are, because a few years later, and I love that dress. I love the way trapeze dresses flare out . They also create a unique silhouette and shape different than other kinds of dresses, like bodycon ones.

Ear jackets



Earrings are such an easy way to accessorize an outfit, and ear jackets have upped the jewelry game! Ear jackets add more to any outfit. They can be edgy like the ones I have pictured above or classy and girly like ones with pearls or just sparkly stones. I just really love how they take wearing earrings to a whole other level.



What fashion trends from 2015 did you love and wear the most? And what trends are you seeing and liking this year already?





No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.