Winter Break Shopping Haul 2017

With four weeks off school, winter break provides lots of time for me to do whatever I want, particularly shop. After all, the end of the year means a lot of stores are having sales! Here's what I bought over my final winter break.

Adidas




I've wanted these PureBoost X's since I tried them on in the Adidas employee store in Portland last May. I didn't think I'd have enough space in my suitcase in Portland to get them, so I didn't. I ended up wishing I bought them because there was definitely space in my suitcase.

I found them at the outlet not too long after going to Portland but didn't have the money to get them. Luckily for me, there were still some at the outlet over winter break! So I knew I had to get them while I had money and before I regretted it again.


A'GACI


I don't like as many things at A'GACI as before, but I did find some cute blazers in the clearance section for a good price! Considering I'm graduating in May, I thought buying more blazers would be a good idea.



Cole Haan


Flats are said to be more comfortable than heels, but in my experience, they're both painful, and I'd rather wear the heels because they usually look nicer and make me feel fancier. But wearing heels isn't always ideal, so I've been on the lookout for comfy flats. And flats with elastic are much more comfy than those without, so I decided to splurge on these, which were actually on clearance (but they were still a splurge to me because I'm a college student who doesn't make that much money.)


These oxfords were also on clearance, but the best part is that they're waterproof! I don't have many shoes that are good to wear in the rain, especially nice ones, so I thought these would be perfect. Plus, they have Nike Lunar Lon technology, which makes them pretty comfy. So if it's ever raining and I need to dress somewhat professionally, these will be my go-to.

Forever 21


Dusty rose has been a trending color, and I'm a big fan of it. I don't have many tops in this color, nor do I have many peplum tops, so I decided to get this one.


Depending on how messy/big the clearance section at Forever 21 is, I may or may not look through it well. The section at the one closest to my house was just two circular racks and it looked like there was some good stuff in there, so I decided to browse through it.

I don't have as many long sleeve shirts as I should (considering I live in Illinois), so when I saw these two shirts on the clearance rack, I grabbed them instantly. I'd seen the shirt below before and wanted it the second I saw it. However, I didn't want it enough to pay full price. I'm glad I waited since I was able to get it for less than $10.




Francesca's


I randomly went to the mall one day over break and decided to go in Francesca's, and it turns out they were having a good sale on dresses. I don't remember the specifics of the sale, but I thought it was almost too good to pass up since Francesca's clothes can be pretty pricey. 

When I saw this dress, I really liked it but wasn't sure if I should buy it because I didn't know when/where/why I would wear it. Then my sister reminded me that we have a scholarship ceremony later this semester, so I bought it!

Marshalls


My mom got a Lululemon hoodie for Christmas, and ― not going to lie ― I was jealous because I want a Lululemon hoodie and I'm not sure if my mom would put it to good use. When I saw this hoodie by 90 Degree by Reflex at Marshalls, it looked familiar to the Lululemon one my mom got and I love the color, so I took another look at it and decided to get it.

It turns out this hoodie is as much as my mom's Lulu one, but I got this one for only $25, which I was pretty pleased about. I don't have that many hoodies and athletic sweatshirts, so I was glad to find it.


Bomber jackets are in, and it doesn't look like they're leaving anytime soon! I saw this one on a mannequin at Marshalls and instantly loved it. After all, I love a good floral print! I looked at the racks around the mannequin and didn't find any others, so I took the one off the mannequin hoping it was my size. Luckily, it was!

This will be a great jacket to wear in springtime. The floral print obviously fits spring, and the black base color adds some cool edge that you'd expect from a bomber jacket. 

Nike


When the Nike Pro compression shorts are on sale, I can't pass it up. Also, whenever the regular Nike compression shorts are on clearance, it's also difficult to pass up.



Nike's sports bras are hardly ever on sale, so I had to get at least one!

Rue 21


This dress is part of the Sadie Robertson x Wild Blue collection at Rue 21. I've always enjoyed Sadie's style, so I always wanted a piece from it. I saw this dress and thought it looked very unique. I love the mesh upper bodice and faux sweetheart neckline. The collar also adds a sophisticated touch that I've never seen in another dress before.

I originally bought it in a small because I didn't have the time to try it on but really wanted the dress. I tried it on at home and decided a medium would be better, so I went back to the store to exchange it and ended up getting $7 back because it was even cheaper! So I got a really cool dress for $4.



I originally got this sweater because I loved everything about it and the sign said it was $10. It turned out not to be $10 but I loved it too much not to get it. I love the color, the oversize fit, and the lace trim. 

Under Armour


When I walked into the kids section of the Under Armour store and saw this sports bra and those spandex, I immediately went over to them because they matched my new Adidas PureBoost X's, which I had just bought before going to this store.

I'm glad I can still fit in kids' sizes for some things because kids' clothes are cheaper.



After I was done at the kids' section of Under Armour, I went to the women's section to see if there was anything there to match my new shoes. I found this tank top and thought it was perfect to complete my new outfit.

Victoria's Secret



I'd never owned anything Victoria's Secret Sport stuff before, but when I saw that they had a bunch of sports bras and shorts on sale for only $10, I thought it was too good of a deal to not even look at the clothes.




What deals did you take advantage of over winter break? 

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.