Fashion Friday: 2017 Fourth of July Weekend Haul

With the Fourth of July being on a Tuesday this year, it was a long weekend for many. And holidays plus a long weekend equals sales galore! Surprisingly, my family and I only went shopping once during the holiday weekend, but I made the most of it. I got to go to a mall that's a bit farther from my house that I've only been to a few times, so it was nice to go somewhere new.

Banana Republic

I stopped by Banana Republic after I went to all of the stores I really like and normally go into just to look around, especially since they had a 50% off sale sign in the window. Plus, now that I'm done with college, I feel more inclined to start shopping at more "adult" stores. When I went inside, I actually saw my mom right at the front of the store, so then she told me to go look at some shorts that were half off.


These ones look purple in the picture, but they're actually a pinkish-purple color. They're dressier shorts than most of the ones I own, and they're a higher quality since most of my shorts are just denim. I actually have a floral button-up peplum top that will go with these perfectly. The color is fun and bright, making it perfect for summer. They do seem like more mature shorts than what I have, so hopefully these can last me quite a while.





These blue shorts and the pinkish-purple ones above were both $24, which is pricier than what I'd prefer, but I thought it'd be worth it since they're nicer quality and "adult" clothes aren't exactly cheap. Anyway, I originally wanted these scalloped hem shorts in navy because it's a more versatile color, but they didn't have my size, so I went with these normal blue ones. I don't have any shorts in this color anyway, so I thought it'd be a good idea. Plus, I do have some times that will match this, which is good.

Forever 21


In case you didn't know, I wear glasses, so I don't really wear sunglasses. Prescription sunglasses are expensive, and my eyesight is too bad for me to wear sunglasses on their own. So for most of my life, I never wore them. But when I started driving regularly and I couldn't see because of glares or the sun simply being too bright. (I'm only 5' 3" so depending where the sun is, the sun visor doesn't block the sun.)

So my solution has been to get sunglasses that are big enough to cover my glasses and lenses and stay on over them. It's a little tricky, but I've managed to find a few. However, none of my sunglasses are pink, and majority of my clothes are pink, so when I saw these really cool ones at Forever, I had to try them on. I especially like the colored mirrored lenses.


Apparently I only bought pink things at Forever 21 this past weekend. I surprisingly don't own a pair of hot pink shorts, because I outgrew my old ones from high school, so when I saw these, I had to get them.


I do have solid hot pink tops, but none that are sleeveless and are good for when it's really hot. These will be especially useful when I want to go for a simpler look or want to wear printed bottoms.

Gap


I'm not surprised I didn't own hot pink pants that I didn't outgrow, but I did think getting a pair that could be used casually or even in a business setting would be a good idea. Gap is usually pretty expensive for my personal budget, but these were only $24.


Most of my denim shorts are rather short since most juniors shorts don't come in longer lengths, and I also don't really like shorts that aren't high-waisted, so I do have a bit of trouble finding denim shorts that aren't too short but not too long (and aren't super expensive). Luckily I went into Gap and saw these for only $20. I didn't know if Gap had high-rise, so I checked the shorts around to see what fits they had, and these were mid-rise. I didn't know if I would like the fit, so I tried them on, and I don't know why, but they pretty much seemed high-waisted on me. So I was happy!


Garage

If you haven't heard of Garage before, it's originally a Canadian juniors store that's been making its way into the U.S. They have really good denim, so if you need some good jeans or shorts, check out Garage! 


I've wanted a dress or shirt like this with the collar and cutout for so long but could never find one I liked enough and was willing to pay the price for. This dress was on a sale rack at Garage for only $10, so I couldn't pass that up!


It's July, so I don't really need jeans, but there was also a $10 jean rack, so I decided to see what was there. I don't have a pair of black distressed jeans, so getting some for $10 was a no-brainer to me. Apparently, this sale rack of jeans was an additional 50% off, so I got these for only $5! What a steal!

Plus, they're Garage's "mom jeans" which means they have a natural waist, which is basically high-waisted on me. And like I said before with shorts, I don't really like jeans that aren't high-waisted. I'll definitely be rocking these a lot in the fall.


Most of the shorts at Garage during the weekend were buy one get one 50% off, but that was still more than I wanted to pay for shorts. I did end up finding some styles that were just marked down and not BOGO. I don't have shorts like this already, and these "mom shorts" (same style as the jeans) were only $15. I really like the wash of the denim as well as the destructed look with the rips and cutoff look.


Iviva

I felt a little weird walking around this store because Iviva is Lululemon's girls' store. There weren't a lot of tweens or anything in the store when I was ― in fact, most of the time I was in there, I was the only customer. But it just felt sort of weird because I'm a college graduate walking around a girls' athletic wear store. Although, I can still fit in kids' clothes depending on the brand and product.


Honestly, the main reason I wanted to buy something was because Iviva has cool shopping bags that are stylish and easily reusable like Lululemon's. I mean, people even sell them on eBay and Poshmark! But I knew I wasn't going to buy something if I wasn't really going to use it. Luckily, I did find something I would use a lot that wasn't too expensive. 

I love my Lululemon headbands, so I figured Iviva would have good ones, too. I use my black Lulu headband a lot and realized I should probably get another black headband just to give the Lulu one a break. When I saw this black one, I thought it was really cool. I love the scalloped edges, and the silicone design on the inside of the headband will make sure it stays on my head. (I've always had a problems with athletic headbands staying on my head.) This was on sale for $9, so it's cheaper than I would've paid for a Lulu one, and it's not completely plain black like my other one.


What were your Independence Day weekend plans? Score any really good deals? 

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.