What I'm Listening to: Fall 2017


Before Thanksgiving comes and it doesn't even feel remotely like fall anymore, I thought it'd be good to finally get this post up. This fall has been interesting in terms of the music I've had on repeat. Some of it consists of new music that I've recently added to my iTunes and Spotify while the rest of it is music I've had for a while now and went back to for whatever reason.

To easily listen to my complete fall 2017 playlist, use the embedded playlist at the bottom of the post. Otherwise, you can listen to each song/artist individually under each subhead.

Jeremy Jordan in Smash

Last month, my sister and I watched the old NBC show Smash in its entirety during our Jeremy Jordan marathon. I was an instant fan of the songs his character Jimmy sang, especially his solos. While they are songs that are supposed to be in a Broadway musical, they have a different sound and feel to them that I enjoy. They do feel like normal songs you would hear on an artist's album. They all tell a story but it doesn't necessarily feel like they're part of an entire soundtrack telling a big story.










First Love - Lost Kings featuring Sabrina Carpenter

To be honest, I'd never heard of Lost Kings until this song came out, and I still actually don't really know them because I only listened to this song because it features Sabrina Carpenter. This is definitely a trendy song with the electronic/DJ beats accompanying the singer's voice. The beat is really catchy and Sabrina has a great voice, so if you don't mind songs that have a bit of an electronic influence but are still pop songs, I'd check this one out.


Too Good at Goodbyes - Sam Smith

I'm so glad Sam Smith has returned! He's got such a beautiful, soulful voice that's so pleasant to listen to. While I haven't instantly loved all of his new songs, I definitely loved "Too Good at Goodbyes" after listening to it for the first time. It's sad, beautiful, heartbreaking, and just pleasing to listen to. It's good for those times for when you're in the mood to listen to some slower, less upbeat music.


Say You Won't Let Go - James Arthur

I don't remember the first time I heard this, but I believe it was on the radio. It was one of those songs I had to Shazam it while listening because 1. I didn't know what it was, and 2. I needed to remember it so I could find it later and listen to it as much as I wanted. It's another mellow love song, but it's good enough to set itself from the rest that exist.


Perfect - Ed Sheeran

When Ed Sheeran's new album first came out, I listened to the whole thing on repeat, but as time went on, I stopped and found new things to listen to. I would just listen to his songs when they came on the radio. Then they released "Perfect" as a single, and I remembered how much I enjoyed the song and how cute it was. This is definitely a song that will give people high expectations in a relationship, and it's definitely a song you'd want serenaded to you.



Taron Egerton as Johnny in Sing

I first started listening to these songs about a year ago when Sing advertisements were all over TV. It was then when I remembered and realized how amazing Taron Egerton's voice is. I've listened to it sporadically since then but started listening to it a lot again now because I'm on a Taron Egerton high from watching the new Kingsman this fall.

The first song is super short, and I wish it were longer because I could listen to Taron sing all day (which I actually have done). I think his voice is perfect for mellow songs like that, but it also sounds great with faster and more upbeat songs like Elton John's "I'm Still Standing." I have heard the original by Elton John, but I do like Taron's version better (please don't hate me). It might be because I'm just biased and love Taron, or it might just be that Taron's version is more modern and suited for people who didn't grow up listening to Elton John. Regardless, Taron's got a lovely voice. Also, Taron's cover of "I'm Still Standing" is just a preview of what he'll be doing when he plays Sir Elton in the not-quite-a-biopic movie.











What new (or old) songs have you been listening to lately? Have you already started playing Michael Buble and Mariah Carey's Christmas songs on repeat?

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.