Fashion Friday: 2016 Fourth of July Weekend Shopping Haul

The holiday weekend last week certainly made this week feel rather short. Like many, I took advantage of the holiday sales offered last weekend and shopped till I dropped!

I'm aware that I have more than enough clothes, so what I've been trying to do lately is buy less everyday clothes that I'd wear to school or out with friends and family and buy more workout clothes, which I think I did a good job of!

I've been trying to work out and be active more often. In that endeavor, I've discovered I need more workout clothes other than compression shorts, and I need actual workout shirts, not just old volleyball t-shirts. But, of course, I still ended up buying some normal clothes!


Nordstrom/Nordstrom Rack



I got to go to Downtown Chicago last Saturday, and I don't get to go there often even though I'm only about 45 minutes away. The first store we went to was Nordstrom, and they had this cool section of fun home decor and stuff. 

One little part of it was dedicated to all things Chicago and Illinois. A lot of the stuff in that section was even made/manufactured locally, so that was cool. My sister found this pennant there, and I really liked it because I don't have any decor like that in my room. Plus, it was only $10, so I got it and plan on putting it up in my apartment at school.


Before I got these fun Nike running shoes at Nordstrom Rack, I only owned one pair of Nike shoes (not counting my Nike SB shoes because those are different). Plus, they're years old and are getting rather dirty and worn out. So I decided it was time for new ones. 

Also, I needed some workout shoes that were pink. Since most of my clothes, including my workout clothes, are pink or have pink, I should probably get shoes that match, right?

Marshalls/TJ Maxx




The leggings, sports bra, and tank top pictured above are all from Marshalls, and the best part is that it makes a complete outfit! So I'm ready for my next workout!

If you're familiar with my blog, you may have seen a sports bra similar to the one pictured above before. I have the same one in a black and white floral print with light pink straps in the back. When I saw the black and hot pink one in the store, I had to have it! (So naturally, I got the whole outfit to match.)


To be completely honest, I don't know when I'm going to wear these Nike studio wraps. They're meant for activities like yoga, barre, and dance. 2012 Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas has worn them in photoshoots, which makes sense, because I could see them being used in gymnastics (though no one does).

I don't dance or go to barre class. I don't really do yoga either. But these were only $16 at TJ Maxx, which is like getting a $150 Kate Spade purse for $50, so I couldn't pass them up. I do hope to go to barre class one day, though (probably when I actually have a career and money). Plus, I do have a yoga mat and some yoga exercises on Pinterest. I'm hoping the studio wraps motivate me and make me do a lot more yoga. My feet definitely slide on my yoga mat sometimes, so these should help!


Aeropostale


The shirts pictured above and below are the same, just in different colors. They're part of Aeropostale's activewear collection called Live Love Dream. They were only $5 each, and I love the design of them, especially the netted deep-v in the front, so I got them in black and white. Plus, I definitely needed more workout shirts.



I adore the design on the waistband of these cropped yoga leggings! These are versatile and are something I'd wear working out or just on a casual day. And when you find cute yoga leggings for less than $10, it's hard to say no!


In a previous blog post I said that I don't think you can ever have too much spandex/compression shorts. I still think that's true. Not only do I wear compression shorts when I'm working out, but I also wear them under skirts, dresses, rompers, and sometimes even normal shorts. These were also only $5, and I love pink!


Forever 21

If you're looking for cute and cheap activewear, definitely check out Forever 21!

First, It's Forever 21, so it's inexpensive. Second, they have a lot of options from sports bras and leggings to graphic workout tees like these to athleisure wear.


I love the front and the back of the white tank. I've never seen a shirt with a back like it before, and the words on the front are definitely motivating!


The back of this black cropped workout top is my favorite part about it. Its unique back lets you show off a cute sports bra, and a lot of sports bra these days are going for fun details on the back. I don't usually want to wear just a sports bra on top while working out, so a shirt like this lets me show off the cute back of a sports bra and cover my upper body.


The vintage look of the photo printed on the shirt looks really cool, and I love dance, including pointe and ballet. Although this wasn't in the activewear section, I might have to wear this when I finally go to a barre class. Also, I'm definitely wearing this shirt when I watch dance shows like So You Think You Can Dance and Dance Moms.


Floral print is my favorite print. There's no doubt about that. But I don't have any floral tops like this, and it was less than $15. This could work for spring or summer, shorts or jeans, a denim jacket or a cardigan. 


This tie-dye turban-styled headband is the perfect solution for when I put my hair in a topknot and I want all of my baby hairs and short hairs in the back to not be touching my neck or face.


The shirts pictured above and below are both from a Forever 21 outlet store where pretty much everything is $10 or less. I mentally freaked out when I found out.

I knew I had enough summer clothes, so I tried to buy clothes that weren't for summer. Now the floral top with the crochet straps is for summer, but with jeans and a cardigan, it's also great for fall! Beside, the colors of the flowers are very fall-like.


I own a few button-up long sleeve shirts, but they're mostly sheer and from a few years ago, so I don't really wear them anymore. This one isn't sheer, so I like that, and it has cute little hearts all over it!

This is a great casual and business casual shirt. It just depends on what you pair it with. (Although sometimes my casual looks are probably business casual.) I'd love to pair this with black skinny jeans or leggings and black ankle booties. Distressed/destroyed black denim would add some edge to this, but I unfortunately don't have any ripped jeans.


Topshop

Chicago is one of the few American cities to have a Topshop, so when I first got to go in one, I was pretty happy. However, I wasn't happy with its prices. I'm still a student, so most of my money comes from my parents, and whatever money I do make myself isn't enough to afford Topshop and food.

Luckily, this time I was there during the semi-annual sale. I didn't really find any clothes I wanted for a price I was willing to pay, but they had cheap prices for accessories, particularly socks and jewelry. 


Crocheted lace adds a cute little touch to socks! 



Chokers are back in style, and I love the simplicity of this black one. It's not as wide as others I've seen, which I like. And since it's so simple, it's easy to pair with lots of things!

\

I've wanted an everyday cross necklace for a little while now (I believe I got a Tiffany one when I was younger, but my mom has never given it to me), and this one was only $2! I really wanted a rose gold one, but I didn't find one.


Wet Seal


This was one of the few non-activewear pieces I got, but that's only because I don't have any dresses like this in terms of color, pattern and even design, and it was only $15! And the best part is that it has pockets! I wish every non-body con dress had pockets.


Nike


I probably should have waited until I went to the outlet mall to get new Nikes, but I didn't. I found these in the clearance section at the Nike outlet, so they were marked down and an additional 30% off. I've wanted a pair of Nike Frees for a while now, and I need to replace the black Nikes I wore out. I decided it wouldn't hurt to have another pair of athletic shoes and couldn't pass up the good deal.



How did you spend your Fourth of July weekend?



No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.