Fashion Friday: Summer Favorites

Summer is my favorite season for several reasons. The clothes are one of them! I love summer clothes. They probably make up majority of my closet even though I live in Illinois where we experience all four seasons (sometimes three in one week!).

Here are my favorite kinds of clothes and accessories to wear during the summer:

Denim shorts

1-3: BDG denim from Urban Outfitters | 4: Forever 21 | 5: Aeropostale | 6: Forever 21

These are a staple in my summer wardrobe. They're great for everyday use, and while I mainly get them in different washes of blue, I also enjoy getting some colored denim to change it up. I especially like high waisted denim shorts because they fit me better.


Fun linen/non-denim shorts

1-3: Hollister | 4: Wet Seal | 5: Nordstrom Rack | 6: H&M | 7: Marshalls | 8: Forever 21

I adore shorts like the ones pictured above that aren't made of denim! They're so comfy and are great for hot days when you don't want to be wearing denim that sticks to your skin. They can be dressed up or down and come in lots of fun colors and patterns. And if you're a festival-goer, they're great for that, too!


Casual dresses

1: Forever 21 | 2: Hollister | 3: Wet Seal | 4: Marshalls

I wouldn't necessarily define myself as a girly girl, but I definitely enjoy girly clothes and things, like dresses. Dresses make looking cute pretty effortless since you can just throw one thing on and add a pair of shoes to create an outfit. I love wearing dresses because of that and I just enjoy dressing up a bit.

For casual summer dresses, I usually go for skater and a-line dresses that flow and don't stick to my skin everywhere (no body con) to cope with the warm weather.

Semi-casual dresses

1: Tobi | 2: TJ Maxx 3: Monteau Los Angeles from TJ Maxx 

Dresses, of course, are also great for more formal occasions, like going out with your family to a nicer lunch or dinner, weddings, church or parties. So I also like to get dresses that are a bit nicer for occasions like that because there always seems to be some sort of occasion during the summer.

Bralettes and bandeaus

1 & 3: Forever 21 | 2: American Eagle/Aerie

Layers are usually not for summer, but in this case, they are. Bralettes and bandeaus are a cute alternative to normal bras because they're made to be seen. Some shirts, like muscle or open-back tees are perfect for the summer weather, but wearing a normal bra is not ideal in those situations. Bralettes and bandeaus solve that problem.

There are more girly and feminine ones that have lace or just casual ones that are solid and more plain. Depending on which you choose, a bandeau or bralette can add a girly or more casual touch to your outfit.

Sandals

1: Dolce Vita from Target | 2: Mossimo from Target | 3: Bearpaw from Nordstrom Rack

I pretty much live in sandals during the summer. While I'm not opposed to wearing rubber flip flops, I prefer sturdy sandals because they're less casual, last longer and look nicer. Plus, sandals can add different vibes and touches to outfits other that plain old flip flops can't.

Wedges

Unisa wedges from JC Penney

I don't wear wedges often, but I do enjoy wearing them when I get the chance to. They're dressy, but more casual than a normal heel, which makes them perfect for summer since it's a laid-back time to relax.

Plus, if you're rather short like me and maxi dresses are always too long for you, then wedges keep you from tripping all over your dress. Wedges also just add a bit of class or a fancy touch to semi-casual dresses. They're great to wear at church, to summer parties or weddings.

Summer sneakers


Although I wear sandals almost every day of summer, I do like to wear sneakers depending on where I'm going or what I feel like wearing.

Summer is a great time to go on adventures and road trips, like go to an amusement park. So if you're ever going anywhere that requires a lot of walking, it's helpful to have a cute pair of summer sneakers to keep your feet comfortable while being stylish. I especially like white or light-colored Vans, Converse or Keds for the summer because they're versatile and comfy.


What are your favorites to sport in the summer time?

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.