My February Favorites


Considering February is always the shortest month of the year, I'm not surprised I found it more difficult to think of things to include in this blog post. I'm also not surprised this is my shortest monthly favorites post yet because I didn't have as many days to see/find/try new things! However, I was excited for and really enjoyed all of my February favorites listed below.

Ugg Bailey II Velvet Ribbon boots


I actually got these in January but didn't wear them until February. I already own two other pairs of Ugg boots but those are from when I was in middle and high school. As a college graduate, it's safe to say I've worn those out. I also stopped wearing them ― not because I think they're ugly now or aren't trendy like it's 2000 ― because they just weren't me anymore.

But I still needed shoes that kept my feet warm for the rough and long Chicago winters. I didn't want to wear my black Sperry duck boots if it wasn't wet or snowy out. I didn't want to wear my tall, heavy Sorel boots if it wasn't freezing and super snowy. I just wanted my feet to be warm. These boots were the perfect solution for that.

I always wanted Uggs with the bows in the back but didn't want them to be too childish. I'm not a big fan of the classic tall Ugg boot anymore, so this is the perfect height. The chestnut color goes well with almost any outfit, and I love the velvet bows. They're cute and trendy but not childish like bows can be. Most importantly, they're really comfy, warm, and soft. Plus, Uggs are now waterproof, which is a big plus for me since all of my old Uggs weren't, and that didn't go well when it was cold and snowy.


Charming Charlie rose gold Minnie Mouse ears


By now I'm sure we all know rose gold is trendy and is all over Disney Parks now. From the Minnie ears to the rose gold churro to the spirit jersey, fans of rose gold and Disney (like me) are rejoicing. However, the rose gold ears can be difficult to find at the parks. They exist but are selling out so people can't find them. Plus, if you aren't going to a Disney Park anytime soon, how would you get one?

You can go to Charming Charlie! These ears aren't exactly like the ones the parks sell since these have a sequined bow instead of a metallic fabric bow, but it's just as cute and more sparkly! And the best part is that these Minnie ears from Charming Charlie are only $12 as opposed to the $20+ ones at Disney Parks. So I immediately grabbed one at the store when I saw these.

Honestly I don't know when I'll wear this or where because I don't plan on going to Disney anytime soon (even though I'd love to), but this was just too good of a deal to pass up!


Marshalls doughnut bag


If you've been to a Marshalls, TJ Maxx, or Home Goods store in the past several years, you've seen the big reusable bags they sell for $0.99 at the front of the stores. There are always several designs that are great for stylishly carrying all of your purchases.



I love doughnuts and sweets in general, so when I saw this bag, I had to get it. It's fun, pink and purple, and full of doughnuts! Even the side of the bag has doughnuts on it! And of course, it's reusable and can carry a lot of stuff.


MyTagalongs marble phone armband


Like many people, I like to listen to music while I exercise, so a phone armband is really useful. I already had one that I used for a few months but it wasn't ideal because the hole for headphones/earphones was on the wrong side for my phone. It was manageable but more work than necessary when using it with my phone. 

I saw this pretty marble armband at TJ Maxx at the end of the month and immediately looked at it. (My phone case and Popsocket are pink and marble, so it would go with my phone perfectly!) Since I already had a phone armband that was totally functional, I knew I didn't need it, but once I realized the earphones/headphones hole was on the same side as my phone's, I decided it was worth getting because it would mean less work and more time for me when exercising. Plus, I love marble!


One Question a Day: A Five Year Journal 


I actually got this book back in October for my birthday from my best friend Carly but didn't start using it until late January. I wanted to start using it on the first of the year but forgot. So February is the first full month I've used this book, which is why I'm including it in this month's favorites post.

Anyway, it's a journal-like book that asks you a question every day of the year. You write down the year and then just write down your answer for that day's question. There are five sets of lines to write an answer because the idea is you'll answer that day's question every year for five years. That way you can see your progression and change in answering the question.


Sometimes the question is pretty simple like "What's your favorite food?" Other times, it can be more reflective of the day like "Who could you have been nicer to today?" I really like it because it's a simple way to reflect on yourself and/or your day, and once you keep at it for a few years, you can see how you've changed, grown, and progressed with all of the different answers to the same questions. 


What are some of your favorite memories, discoveries, purchases or other things from February?

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.