Fashion Friday: Back to School Mini Shopping Haul

Usually, I get lots of clothes at the end of summer in preparation for school. This year was pretty different in that I got almost nothing compared to what I usually get. Part of the reasoning for this was that I don't really need new clothes (I know I have plenty) and that there just wasn't a lot of time to go shopping for clothes. I did manage to get some new things though, mostly professional clothes that I can use in the future for job interviews, formal presentations and internships. I'm now a junior in college, so I thought it was time to finally get some.

Also, you may have noticed that this post's title begins with "Fashion Friday." I'm going to try to post a fashion-related post every Friday or every other Friday in an attempt to be more active with this blog.

TJ Maxx

These leggings are actually originally from American Eagle, but if you've ever been to TJ Maxx, you probably know they sell quite a few things from brand name stores at the mall a few months after they're originally sold at the brand name store.


When I think of professional clothing for women, pencil skirts often come to mind, but I think a flared skirt like this could work as well. 



What I like most about this pencil skirt is that it's got a little flair to it in the front with the curved hem and layers.



I used to have a lot of cardigans and sweaters, but I realized that a lot of them were getting worn out because I've been using the same ones for about four years.



I just really love how this is a loose-fitting and relaxed fit hoodie. It's comfy and cute at the same time. What more could you ask for? (Plus, I love the crocheted hem.)


This shift dress is unlike any other dress I own simply because of its fit and the strap that ties around your waist. I really like the colors and the pattern, which is what drew me to the dress, but I wasn't sure if I'd like the style and fit of the dress. I recently wore it though, and I love it!





A'GACI

I've wanted this shirt for a while, but I never felt like I would wear it much, so I never got it. But I saw it in the sale section and thought it would go well with the pencil skirts I got to make a cute, professional outfit. Also, it can be dressed up or down, so that's a plus! And who doesn't love a sale?

Nordstrom Rack

This is just a plain bodycon pencil skirt. It's pretty stretchy though, so that's nice. 


Of these clothes, I think I'm most excited to wear the gray hoodie with the crocheted hem. They go pretty well with the American Eagle leggings, so I'm excited for a cool fall day to come so I can wear that new outfit.

What clothes are you excited about wearing to school, and where did you do your back-to-school shopping?


No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.