Words to Remember When Facing Rejection


Today, I got an email with news I didn't like, I didn't want to see, I didn't want to be true. It upset me a lot at first, because I felt like I failed and that once again, I wasn't good enough to get this. Because let's be real, rejection never feels good. But it's part of everyday life. Things don't always go our way.

You might not get into your number one college. The person you like may not like you back and rejects you. The job you applied for may have decided that you weren't a good fit. Your parents might not let you go hang out with your friends. Or it may be as simple as you want a double chocolaty chip Frappuccino from Starbucks but they don't have anymore java chips. (That's actually happened to me quite a bit.)

No matter what rejection you face, no matter what didn't go your way, you can't dwell on it. No one gets everything he/she wants. You have to learn from it and move on. That's what I had to do today.



Looking back on other times I was rejected or didn't get what I wanted, I'm glad some things played out the way they did. If I got hired by The Daily Illini my freshman year of college, I probably never would have done any internships with Gymnastike. If I didn't do an internship with Gymnastike, I never would have been asked to help them cover the 2014 Secret US Classic and sit at press row as an 18 year old. If I didn't do an internship with Gymnastike, I wouldn't know the girls on the University of Illinois gymnastics team as well as I do. I wouldn't have shared as many laughs with them. So it's okay that I was rejected. It's okay that I didn't get what I wanted.

Whenever I'm feeling down, I always like looking through quotes, especially ones relating to what I'm feeling and dealing with at the moment. So here are some words to remember when you face rejection and things haven't gone your way:

(Feel free to pin them!)













To see more quotes that inspire me, follow my board on Pinterest!




Also, I finally made a Facebook page for this blog, so please like it!



Disclaimer: I made these graphics on Adobe Photoshop CS6 with free fonts from dafont.com or fonts that were pre-installed on my computer and my own personal photos or photos found on Creative Commons. All quotes were found on Pinterest.

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.