Fashion Friday: My Favorite Outfits of 2018


It's 2019, so it's time to say goodbye to another year of great outfits. When I was going through my photos to pick which outfits I wanted to include, I had about 20 or so outfits, and it was hard to narrow them down. So I ended up choosing 15. I tried several new things with clothes and outfits this year and am pretty happy with how I did and how my style is evolving. I can't wait to put more outfits together this year and try new styles.

To see all of my outfits from 2018, head to my Instagram. I didn't do an OOTD post for every month or season this year, but every OOTD picture I take makes it onto my Insta.

March 12, 2018


What I love about this outfit is how simple it was but how cool it made me feel. It's a simple athleisure/athletic inspired outfit with the Adidas quilted bomber, white long sleeve, mesh cutout leggings, and slip-on sneakers, but put together it feels so trendy yet fresh. Plus, the sunglasses elevate the whole look.


April 13, 2018


This was the outfit I wore to my very first job interview, and I absolutely adore it to this day. This was in a previous OOTD post, so it may be familiar. This outfit is definitely business ready but isn't so boring or typical, which is what I want all my business-y outfits to be like. The pink blazer adds a fun pop of color to the outfit and matches the stripes on the jumpsuit perfectly. The white tassel earrings add some flair, and the pointed nude heels keep it elegant and professional. I don't like wearing outfits more than once, but I would totally wear this exact outfit again.


April 22, 2018


Jumpsuits were definitely one of my favorite trends of 2018. This yellow floral jumpsuit is just so fun and vibrant and switches it up a bit from my outfits that are mostly pink or black. The nude lace-up block heels keep the focus on the jumpsuit but aren't too plain.


May 13


Sometimes stripes photograph weird and look like an optical illusion, which I feel happened here, but I loved this dress the second I saw it in stores. Throughout my years at the University of Illinois, I'd searched for any clothes that were orange, blue, and pink' orange and blue are U of I's colors, and you know I love and always wear pink. So when I found this orange, blue, and pink striped dress, I was pretty excited. It would've been perfect for while I was still in school, but better late than never.

It's not a color combo I find often, but I already had the perfect accessories to match.The ruffles on the sleeve add a cute little detail to prevent the dress from being too simple. The velvety suede block heels bring out the pinks in the outfit but aren't too formal or casual.


May 26


I'd waited two or three months to wear this striped FILA halter top and can't wait to wear it again. '90s brands and styles are back, and I fully embraced that with this outfit. FILA is so '90s/early 2000s, as are Adidas Superstars. Once again, this is a pretty simple outfit, but everything here just works so well together. And while I was definitely wearing trendy pieces, I didn't feel like I was copying someone else's style or wearing something I'd already seen before.


June 19


There was absolutely no sunlight this day, so I unfortunately have only low quality photos of this high quality outfit. I wore this to a job interview for a part-time position I applied to just to have something to do while searching for something more permanent. So I didn't feel the need to dress up too much but still wanted to look somewhat professional. I didn't get this job, which is totally fine, but the woman who interviewed me did like this outfit!

There isn't a lot of pink in this outfit, which is a little different for me, but these striped pants do actually have pink on them, and I of course added a bunch of pink and some sparkle with my purse. These pants are super comfy and can be dressed up or down. The ruffled sleeves of my top add some flair, and the bows on my shoes add a cute little touch. What I like most about this outfit is that it's pretty classic. Stripes and polka dots are never going away, and everything in this outfit could easily be used for other looks. I definitely want to wear this outfit again or something very similar and get better pictures of it because this outfit deserves to be seen more.


July 20


I've always had trouble figuring out how to mix and match lengths. And by that I mean I don't wear shorts with long sleeves or jeans with sleeveless tops often because I can never figure out what the best temperature to wear those outfits are. I always worry my legs or arms will be too cold or too warm. I'm starting to figure that out, though, because I successfully wore this outfit without getting cold.

I haven't worn this tie-dye bodysuit a lot but I've always really liked it, because I don't own anything like it. Paired with light wash distressed denim and some rose gold sneakers keeps everything simple but still fun and not too plain. This would be a perfect outfit for a nice mild day where you don't feel like putting too much effort into your outfit but want it to be more than just a shirt and pants.


August 19


Before this day, I'd only worn this dress once even though I love it a lot. This time, I dressed it down a bit with flat sandals but jazzed the accessories up with white tassel earrings. I love how flowy and light the dress is and how I can dress it up or down. I wanted to keep the color palette simple and just added white and brown so the pink and white would stand out. I wanted to dress up a bit, because this is when I went to Broadway Princess Party and had a magical night. There wasn't a dress code or anything, but a lot of people like to dress up a bit (or a lot) when going to Broadway Princess Party because it's a show and party full of music and celebration.


September 30


I don't really remember how I put this outfit together, but it's easily one of my favorite outfits I've ever worn. I was in the fall mood, so I opted for darker colors. I've said that I felt like Cheryl Blossom from Riverdale in this outfit because blacks, reds, edgy yet feminine outfits are totally her.

I've had this dress for probably four years now and still love it. I've never seen a floral print like that before and actually own a bodysuit in the print as well. It loks great against the black moto jacket, and the black choker adds just a bit more edge to the overall look.


October 24


If this shirt or outfit looks familiar, it's probably because I featured the top in my October favorites. I wore this to the first time I did something for my part-time job, which involved taking photos at an event. So I wanted to look pretty professional but still be able to move around. The burgundy top was perfect for fall, and the light pink jeans work so well with the top. The rose gold shoes added some shine and elegance so everything wasn't so dull.


October 27


Everything in this outfit is plain and solid, but I still rather like it. Obviously the pink really pops among the black skirt, boots, and purse. I like the shape and fit of the sweater because it contrasts with the tighter-fitting skirt and boots.


October 31


Confession: I didn't really wear this on Halloween. I did wear it, but it was for like half an hour while I took pictures of what would have been my costume if I had a reason to wear a costume. In case you don't know, this is one of my Lara Jean outfits. Lara Jean Covey from the movie To All the Boys I've Loved Before (also a great book!) wears an outfit just like this, so I copied it using clothes I already owned to create this costume. You can see it versus the original on my Instagram.

This may be a costume, but I would totally wear this any day (even though the skirt originally goes the other way with the buttons in the front and not on the back, but I probably wouldn't even care.) It's quite simple but is still cute and comfy.


November 22


I really liked my Thanksgiving outfit from this year even though no one really saw it since all my family did was go to a Chinese restaurant. I tried to keep the colors muted and fall-like since it was Thanksgiving, hence the medium, dull pink and olive green. But I couldn't resist wearing my new ankle boots with glittered heels to add some sparkle!


November 23


I said this in my November OOTD post, but I waited nearly a year to wear this outfit. The rusty color of the cardigan and shades of pink and red on the dress are very autumnal and really stand out against the black.The big cardigan gives it a cozy, casual feel while the black over-the-knee boots elevate the overall look a bit.


December 25


I found this velvet jumpsuit three days before Christmas and would love to wear it again. The jumpsuit is super comfy and soft, as is the black turtleneck sweater I wore underneath. Velvet is a very festive texture/fabric, which was perfect since I wore it on Christmas. It's hard to tell because the jumpsuit's a bit long, but I paired it with shiny black socks under a simple open toe black block heel. I've never worn socks under heels with an open toe or anything before but thought it would be quite festive to wear shiny ones on Christmas. I've seen it in magazines and online before and also think it's more of a holiday thing as well.

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.