My January Favorites


January certainly felt like a long month to start the year off, but right now it's a new year celebration for those who celebrate the lunar new year. Happy Lunar New Year to those who celebrate! Anyway, back to the long month of January. The -40 degree weather certainly made it seem longer and definitely contributed to what I loved last month. From keeping me warm to taking care of my skin, several things caught my attention last month.

My Oh My Supply Co's THE SNUGGLY DUCKLING x DREAMERS DESTINATIONS Unisex Crewneck - Pink


I got this for Christmas and actually featured it in my What I Got For Christmas 2019 post, so it may look familiar. I wore this a lot last month. It's super soft inside and definitely comfy. I can even wear another shirt underneath it if it's extra cold (which it was last week in the Midwest). I love the color, and I love Tangled, so it's a sweet, subtle way of showing my love for the Disney princess movie. My Oh My Supply Co actually has lots of variations of this design  for other Disney movies, like the Cave of Wonders and Agrabah for Aladdin, so if you love Disney, you should definitely check it out! (You can click on this subhead if you want to go to their site.)

Mario Badescu Facial spray with aloe, herbs, and rosewater


I've never been super into skincare, but lately I have been trying to take better care of it lately and use more products than just face wash and moisturizer. I've heard a lot of good things about this spray, so when I saw a small travel size one at Nordstrom Rack, I decided to give it a try. After using at least half of the bottle, I can definitely see why this is like a beauty favorite. It's such a light, refreshing spray to use for so many things. You can use it to just freshen your skin, to set your makeup, or to give your skin a little more hydration. 

Winter really dries my skin up, so I've been using this about twice a day (once when I wake up and once before I go to bed) to just add some extra hydration to my skin, and it's definitely helped. My skin isn't perfect of course, but it definitely doesn't get dry in random spots like it used to as often, and my face does feel softer. Also, my scalp has been extra dry this winter for whatever reason, and the back of this bottle says it can be used on hair, so I used some of this spray on my hairline and scalp a bit, and it helped improve that as well. I'll definitely be needing the full size bottle of this!

Burt's Bees vanilla bean lip balm


Either last month or in December, I ran out of my vanilla Carmex and I couldn't find any stores that sold it anymore, so I needed to replace it. I like and have multiple vanilla EOS lip balms but needed a lip balm that was stronger and maybe a bit medicated for when my lips are really, really dry and/or chapped. I've always heard good things about Burt's Bees but never came across a scent/flavor I liked until I found this vanilla bean one. So I bought one and gave it a try, and it's my new favorite lip balm. It's a good all-around lip balm that I can use whether I just want to keep my lips hydrated, my lips are just a bit dry, or my lips are really dry or chapped. This is a good lip balm for any occasion. Plus, it smells awesome and is all natural, so what's not to love?


David's Tea chocolate covered almond tea


I had a sore throat a few weekends ago and didn't have time to make tea to bring out with me, so I knew I wanted to get some tea while I was out and went to David's Tea. I'd been in one or two times before but had never tried any of their teas. They have so many kinds of tea and tons of flavors, so it was a bit overwhelming trying to pick which one I wanted and if I wanted to buy any to steep at home. After a little while, I decided on getting a cup of the chocolate covered almond tea because I love chocolate covered almonds. It doesn't have a very strong taste, which isn't surprising because most tea (at least all the ones I've tried) is pretty subtle in taste, but it smelled really good and exactly like chocolate almonds!


Copycat Levain Bakery chocolate chip walnut cookies


It's no secret there are tons of great food places in NYC, especially when it comes to desserts, sweets, and pastries. There's still so much NYC-exclusive food I haven't tried yet despite going twice in the summer of 2017, and Levain Bakery is one of them. They're known for their big, luxurious cookies, and the chocolate chip walnut one is their most famous. Since neither I nor my sister was able to try Levain in New York, we decided to try to replicate the well-known cookies. I found this recipe on Pinterest, and we tried it. 

These are the best cookies I have ever made and tasted. They're soft and chewy on the inside but firm and sturdy on the outside. I don't normally eat nuts in my desserts, but the walnuts are a great touch in these and add a nice bit of texture. I can only imagine how much better they taste from the actual Levain bakery. Also, if you've read the To All The Boys I've Loved Before books, these are the cookies Lara Jean says are the perfect chocolate chip cookies. I would have to agree with my favorite literary character even though I've had only the copycat version.


Target Dollar Spot floral shadowbox calendar


A new year calls for a new calendar, right? I like to go to the Target Dollar Spot for my calendars because their dollar section is awesome and always has cute stuff. Why pay more than $5 for something that's good for only this year anyway, right? Anyway, I found this adorable shadowbox calendar in the Dollar Spot and got in addition to a wall calendar. At first, I didn't see why I needed this in addition to a wall calendar, but after a month of having it, it was a great decision. I put this shadowbox calendar on my nightstand, so it's one of the first things I see when I wake up. That way, I can easily change the date to today's and know what the date is. Plus, since it's just the month and day it's easy to change everyday and can be used forever!

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.