My Favorite Outfits of 2014

Fashion is one of my all-time favorite things, and I even wanted to be a fashion designer at one point of my life, so I love shopping and putting outfits together. I'm not exactly a fashion blogger, but here are my favorite outfits that I've worn this year.

365 days worth of outfits is obviously a lot to choose from, but I always take pictures of my outfit if I love it to post on Instagram, so that helped a lot.

Memorial Day weekend
The Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, my family had a get-together at my house following a mass for one of my deceased relatives. It was the first time of the year that my family was getting together, so I knew my mom would want me to dress up a bit. (But I was going to anyway.)

I was originally wearing a maxi dress, which I wore to church, but I didn't want to walk around the house and play with my little nieces in that dress since I'd probably mess it up and trip and fall or something, so I changed my outfit. The weather was great that day, so I decided to wear some scalloped hem shorts and a sleeveless collared shirt. This was actually the first day I wore any of these clothes.



The shirt is from A'GACI and is by Ambiance Apparel, and the shorts are from TJ Maxx by a brand called Mine. I got the shorts before the shirt and was looking for a shirt to go with them. The shirt, as you can tell, is actually sort of a peplum shirt, but it looked weird with the shorts, so I tucked it in. I know it might look a little weird since it's a peplum shirt tucked in, but it really doesn't look that weird when I tuck it in all the way so there's no visible bump like in the picture.

I really like the colors of the shorts and shirt. Coral is definitely one of my favorite colors for the year, especially in the summer.I love the scalloped hem of the shorts. It adds a little flair to otherwise plain shorts. Also, floral print is my favorite print, which made me really like the shirt even though I own a bunch of floral shirts.



Random summer days

Summer is my favorite season, and the clothes I can wear during this time are part of the reason why. I love wearing shorts, skirts, and dresses, and I love warm weather, so summer outfits are some of my favorite. I also think most of the clothes I own are for summer.

Near the beginning of summer, I won a contest held by UrbanOG where I won a $50 gift card to their site. My two favorite outfits from this past summer include items I bought with that gift card.


The shirt is from UrbanOG, and the shorts are from Forever 21. What I like most about this outfit is how simple it is despite the pretty details. It's not an extravagant outfit whatsoever. It only took one minute to put this together. I love the fringe on the bottom of the shirt. It gives it that little detail it needs to really catch your eye. I also love the crocheted lace attached to the front of the shorts.


The shirt for this outfit is also from UrbanOG. Meanwhile, the shorts are from TJ Maxx. My favorite thing about this outfit would definitely be the daisy straps on the top. I've seen several tops on the internet with daisy trim similar to the shirt I'm wearing in the picture, and I've wanted one like it ever since.

Luckily, UrbanOG had one when I won the contest. I was also really happy that the top matched the floral shorts, because for some reason, I just could not find or did not own a plain top to go with these shorts. If this outfit didn't make it evident that I love florals, then I don't know what would.

Random school days

Most of my favorite outfits are from school days since that's what majority of my days are. Even though a lot of college kids like to bum it to class and just wear sweats, I like to dress normally, because I like to wear my favorite clothes and outfits to places where people can see them, and there are a lot of people on a college campus. (Though I do admit I bum it some days! Who doesn't?) Plus, most of my time is spent at school, so where else am I going to wear my cute clothes? (To be honest, I don't go out a lot at school.)



If you've been on my blog before, you've probably seen this picture already. Although it looks like a spring outfit, it's actually more of a summer outfit. And even though this is under random school days, this is actually from a Saturday during the school year. So since this was during the school year, I'm putting in here.

The day I wore this was a mid-September day, which are usually pretty nice and warm, but this day was a little cold. While I did wish it was warmer on this day, I did like the opportunity the weather gave me.

I hardly ever wear pants during the summer months or on warm days since I usually wear shorts, dresses, or skirts, but these neon coral pants are perfect for the summer and spring months that are too cold for shorts.

My shirt is from Forever 21, the cropped pants are from American Eagle, and the sandals are from JC Penney, by Betsey Johnson's Betseyville. Like I said earlier, coral is one of my favorite colors for the year, so I had to get these pants (especially since they were on sale at the American Eagle factory store).

I got the shirt some time in 2013, so by this time, I'd had it for a while, but never had the perfect pants to go with them. These cropped jeans solved that problem. The collar of the shirt has a small, neon coral neckline that matches the pants perfectly. I just love how simple this outfit was and how the colors went together.


By the looks of this outfit, you probably think this is from October or something, but it's actually from September. I can't recall the temperature from this day, but it sure does rain quite a bit in Champaign, hence the rain boots. I guess it was pretty cool this week, since I wore a long sleeve shirt.

The top is from A'GACI, and the jeans are Bullhead from PacSun, My Hunter boots are from Nordstrom, while the bow barette is from Forever 21. I clearly like the hot pink-navy blue color combination, if you couldn't tell from this outfit. It's been one of my favorite color combos since I became a Fighting Illini.

Even though there are only two colors in my outfit, it's not plain and brings the whole outfit together. Chevron's one of my favorite prints, and I love the pop of color the hot pink stripe on my boots add. (I also love bows.)


This outfit is from the day right after the hot pink and navy blue outfit pictured above. Like I said, it must have been a pretty cool week. In this outfit, I'm wearing a Kirra blazer from PacSun, a black bodysuit from Forever 21, Ambiance Apparel pants from A'GACI, and Halogen flats from Nordstrom.

If you didn't know, my favorite color is pink, so I love the hot pink in this outfit. What I really like about this outfit is that it feels fun and professional. If I were going to New York Fashion Week, I'd want to wear an outfit like this. I felt like I was with this outfit.

While it seems a little fancy just for school, I didn't (and don't) really care. I remember that I really wanted to wear those pants, and that blazer was the perfect fit for them.


I'm not exactly sure when this was, but it obviously got warmer, since I ended up wearing skirts again. While coral was one of my favorite colors for the summer, this wine/burgundy/maroon color is one of my favorite colors for the year, specifically fall.

The sweater is from Aeropostale, the skirt from Forever 21, and the Rampage sandals from Marshalls. Since that color was my favorite for the season and floral print is my favorite, I really wanted that skirt. It's actually a long pencil skirt, long enough to wear in a professional setting. But I didn't want to wear it that long, so I wore it as a super high-waisted body con skirt.

I got the skirt before the sweater, so even though I don't normally shop at Aeropostale, I went in there anyway. Luckily, I found that sweater, which matched perfectly with the skirt. It's not a thick sweater either, so it was perfect for the cool, but not cold, weather of the day. I like that the sweater is a little cropped, because I'm a fan of crop tops, and it works with the way I wore the skirt.


For this outfit, I chose a Forever 21 top, Indigo Reign jeans from Marshalls and BCBG flats from Marshalls. One of my favorite things about this outfit is the color scheme. It's got a neutral feel to it without actually being completely neutral. I love the way light pink goes with olive green, and I love lace. I love the pointed toe of the flat. I'm really starting to like flats with pointed toes rather than rounded ones, and they actually have a detailed cutout design that I love.

My other favorite thing about this outfit is how it's sweet but kind of edgy at the same time. Lace is such a feminine, sweet fabric/pattern, while rips, tears, and holes in jeans are kind of the opposite of that. So I like that I can pair those two together to create a look that I love since I feel like that's what my style is like. I love girly outfits and dresses, like those involving lace and florals, but I also like outfits that are edgy too, like those involving ripped jeans, combat boots, studs and dark colors.


If you haven't already noticed by now, I wear some kind of pink everyday, and this outfit definitely isn't lacking. The sweater is from A'GACI and is by I'm in Love with Derek, the leggings are from Apricot Lane (Champaign), and the Madden Girl combat boots are from Famous Footwear. (The shirt is just a plain black long sleeve top from Marshalls or TJ Maxx.)

My favorite piece from this outfit is definitely the sweater. Once I saw it on A'GACI's website, I just had to have it. I love everything about this sweater. The leggings are actually fleece-lined, so I automatically love them. They are so warm and comfy, plus they're hot pink! Those boots are probably my favorite shoes ever. They actually have round studs on the front and back, which add a little flair. I prefer them over plain black combat boots.

I knew that I wasn't going to own a lot of tops that would go with those hot pink leggings, but they were only $5, so I figured that I might as well get them. If I couldn't find any tops to wear with them, I could always wear them under jeans or other pants on super cold days after all. Luckily, this sweater goes really well with them, so I decided to wear them together.

I do admit that it's a pretty bold outfit. You don't see a lot of people wearing hot pink pants, but I'm not afraid to be bold with my style, so I went for it.

Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving, my family and I once again went to out for brunch. It's a pretty fancy place, so I was told to dress up.


For Thanksgiving, I wore a Forever 21 dress, a Charming Charlie statement necklace, socks from Urban Outfitters, and White Mountain shoes from Marshalls. I actually bought this dress in August before I went to school and saved it for Thanksgiving. Everything else was bought pretty close to Thanksgiving.

As aforementioned, this wine/maroon/burgundy color is a favorite for the year (it's brighter in this picture than in reality), and I love sweetheart necklines (illusion or not), so I thought this dress was a steal since it was less than $20. I thought it was a little plain, so I got this necklace the day before Thanksgiving. I definitely recommend going there for any jewelry, because they have so much to choose from, and it's color coordinated, which makes it a lot easier to find what you're looking for.

The black part of the dress is actually mesh, so it's pretty see-through, so I wore a bodysuit and long sleeve shirt underneath to make it less revealing. The socks weren't something I thought was necessary to the outfit, but I really liked the lace on the socks and thought it'd be cute to add some detail to the lower half of my outfit. Wedge booties are shoes I've wanted for a while, and I actually already owned some from Kenneth Cole, but they were a little too rugged in design for the dress, and my mom had no problem buying me new shoes for this dress, so I got these from Marshalls. They are actually really comfy for wedges and can be worn for casual occasions as well.

Christmas



Christmas is my favorite holiday, and this is probably my favorite Christmas outfit that I've ever worn. This year, I wore a Forever 21 skirt, top, and headband. The necklace, shoes, and socks are the same as the ones from Thanksgiving.

I've seen a lot of sequin skirts similar to the one I wore, but I never liked them enough to buy them. Then I found this one and loved it. I've never seen these colors used on a skirt like this before, and I love sequins, so I bought it to wear on Christmas. I actually already had a Christmas outfit planned, but this skirt changed that.

Once I got the skirt, I needed a nice top to go with it, and I found this top for $11 after trying on a different black top. It's simple, so it goes well with the skirt, but it does have a little teardrop cutout near the top of the back of the shirt. I also like that I can wear this shirt for other, more casual occasions, but I think it probably looks best with this skirt.



If you enjoyed looking at my outfits, follow me on Instagram to see my #OOTD posts. All of the outfits in the post have been an #OOTD this year. I don't post one everyday, but I do it quite a bit, especially if and when I get new clothes.

Happy holidays, and happy new year!

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.