Favorite Glee Songs: Season One

Since Glee's ending for good this Friday, I decided to do a series of blog posts on my favorite performances/covers/songs from the entire series. I like a lot of the mash-ups they've done on the show, and Glee was the first time I heard a lot of these songs, especially the older ones and show tunes.

 I've been watching Glee since the first season, and I was pretty into it at first and considered myself a pretty big Gleek, especially around season two, but like many other fans, it wasn't the same or as good as it was before once the original Glee club members graduated. But I still continued to watch, and we're almost at the end!

If Glee was ending the way Ryan Murphy intended (RIP Cory Monteith), and if I didn't lose my interest in the show as the season went by, then I'd probably be sad that the show is ending. I'm actually content with it ending. I know everything must come to an end, and Glee has reached its time.

So here's the first installment of my favorite songs from Glee!

Can't Fight This Feeling 




Don't Stop Believin'

So, I know this song has been on the show like 10 times -- half of them were in the first season alone -- but it's definitely the first song that comes to mind when I think of Glee. It's the first Glee song I remember hearing, which is probably true for a lot of other fans and viewers. So even though this song has been in multiple episodes and seasons, I think the first time was the best.


It's My Life/Confessions Pt. II

Vitamin D. That's all I have to say.



Actually, I have one more thing to say. I just remembered that Matt Rutherford existed, and now I feel bad.



Halo/Walking On Sunshine

This is such a fun and upbeat mashup. It definitely puts me in a better/more energetic mood and can brighten a gloomy day.




Don't Rain On My Parade

Once I watched this scene, I knew Rachel was meant to perform.




Faithfully

This is probably one of the best (if not the best) duets Finn and Rachel have ever done.




That's all for season one! Season two is probably my favorite season of them all, so the next post in the series will be over twice as long! (Don't worry. It's still less than 20 songs, which isn't a long considering the total number of songs performed on the show.)

What are your favorite songs from Glee's premiere season?


Favorite Glee Songs series:
Season two
Season three
Seasons four, five, and six

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.