Favorite Glee Songs: Season Three

Although season three's not my favorite since the show didn't seem the same anymore, I do still like a lot of the songs from this season, even more than the first season.

Cool

Because who doesn't want to hear Mike Chang be awesome while he's singing? We all know he's great at dancing, so this was definitely a highlight.




Fix You




Uptown Girl




America

West Side Story is one of the few musicals that Glee has sang songs from that I have seen (thanks to my brother). Although, I did watch the Glee episodes where they did West Side Story before watching the actual movie. When I finally did watch it, all I could think of was this song and performance. I thought this was one of the most memorable West Side Story songs/performances Glee did. It got stuck in my head a lot.




Hit Me With Your Best Shot/One Way or Another




Rumour Has It/Someone Like You

It's definitely not easy to cover an Adele song, but Glee  nailed it with this mash-up. It's probably my favorite number they've ever done on the show out of them all.



We Are Young

For some reason, watching this performance made it feel like the old Glee everyone came to know and love. I recall others feeling that way on Twitter while I was watching the episode. I'm not sure what it was about this song or the episode, but it did feel that way. (Yay for Sam being back and the mini Sam and Quinn moment/duet!)




Smooth Criminal

The Flash is a great singer. I knew Grant Gustin as Sebastian Smythe before he was Barry Allen, of course, but that's besides the point.

Like Marry You and Valerie from season two, I heard a cover of Smooth Criminal before hearing Michael Jackson's original. I listened to Alien Ant Farm's cover first, which is a very different take from the original, but I like it. I love this cover though. I really like what the cellos add to it.




Cough Syrup

Glee introduced me to this song and Young the Giant, so I'm really glad this song was on the show. I listen to Young the Giant more than Glee nowadays, but I do like Darren Criss's version as well as the original.

I thought the song went very well with the Karofsky scenes it accompanied. It definitely made it even more emotional.




Glad You Came

I remember when I first watched this -- I think it was a sneak peek on Facebook or something -- I immediately looked up the song on YouTube, because I wanted to know who it was by. I guess I really like the song. It sounded different from everything else on Glee so far, especially for the Warblers. 



And that marks the halfway point! (In terms of seasons anyway. I probably reached the halfway point in terms of songs already.) The last three seasons will all be in one post together since I don't have a lot for each of those.

What's your favorite song from season three of Glee?



Favorite Glee Songs series:
Season one
Season two
Seasons four, five, and six

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.