Favorite Glee Songs: Seasons Four, Five, and Six

Season Four

Season four is when I started to not like Glee that much, but I watched it anyway. There weren't very many songs that stuck out to me, but there were a few.

Chasing Pavements

Supergirl is a great singer too! (Does anyone get that reference besides me?) Anyway, I've already said that covering an Adele song is no easy task, but the Rumour Has It/Someone Like You crushed it. I don't think this cover was spectacular, so I don't think the producers nailed it here, but there was something about it that made it memorable for me. I'm just not sure what that was.




The Scientist

I actually don't really remember this song being on Glee -- which isn't too surprising since I don't remember 80% of the songs from season four -- but when I was looking at the entire list of songs, I saw it, listened to it, and liked it.




Footloose

Unlike majority of the musicals they sing songs from in Glee, I actually have seen Footloose (the original and the remake) before watching this episode in which they sing Footloose. I just thought this was a really fun number and just generally enjoyed it.






Closer

While I don't like this cover of Closer better than the original by Tegan and Sara, I do still like it, so I included it.




Season Five

Glee's fifth season was very unmemorable to me. I watched all of the episodes, but not much sticks out. Obivously, the episode about Finn's death stands out -- how could it not? -- but in terms of music, I don't remember a lot or care for most of it. 

If I Die Young

Even though this episode was one I do remember pretty well, I don't really remember which songs they sang in it. I remember the actual events of the episode more than the songs.
I love it though, because her unique singing voice gives it something that the original by The Band Perry doesn't.




Season Six

I just finished watching the series finale, and for a show that's about singing, I've got to say that I expected more singing to be in the finale. 
I didn't enjoy this final season as much as others, but there were still a few songs I enjoyed and really liked.

Tightrope

This is Jane's first appearance on the show, and she makes quite the impression with this song.




Cool Kids

I like the original better than Glee's version, but I must say that this is a fitting song for the show, considering its characters and how they're often not the "cool kids." When they sang this, it was one of the first times I was excited for the performance.




Sing

Even though I love the original by Ed Sheeran, I really enjoyed this cover. It's just a fun performance and song. It's definitely something I would expect the Warblers to sing.




I Lived

This is the final number of the series, and it was most definitely one to remember.





And that's the end. Goodbye, Glee.



Favorite Glee Songs series:
Season one
Season two
Season three

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.