Favorite Glee Songs: Season Two

If you read the season one post, then you already know this is probably my favorite season, musically and just in general in terms of what happened. This will be the longest one yet!

Billionaire 

I don't green eggs and ham either, Sam.




River Deep Mountain High

I love how Santana and Mercedes' voices pair together, and this was just an excellent song for them to do a duet. I think it definitely showcases their strengths.




Lucky

I don't know how many people feel this way, but I like this version better than the original.




Start Me Up/Livin' on a Prayer




Marry You

Fun fact: I'm 99% sure that I heard two covers of this song (the Glee one being one of them) before hearing the original by Bruno Mars.




(I've Had) The Time of My Life and Valerie

Yes, Sam and Quinn are my favorites (in case you couldn't tell from both of their duets being on this list).

Santana/Naya Rivera's version of Valerie was the first version I heard. I didn't hear Amy Winehouse's version until a few years later, even a few years after she died. Once my siblings and I heard Winehouse died, we were in the car and no one had an Amy Winehouse song to play from anyone's iPod. All we had was this version of Valerie on my iPod, so that's what we played.




Bills, Bills, Bills

/


Songbird


This goes for both Songbird and Landslide: I don't even care that I haven't heard the original versions of these songs because Santana and Brittany excelled with them and captured a whole lot of emotion. (Oh, thumbs up for Holly's singing and getting them to sing these to/with each other.)

Landslide




Get It Right

This is such a strong and emotional song. It's really powerful and has always stuck with me.




I Feel Pretty/Unpretty

The original version of Unpretty would play during my weights class my junior year of high school, so I would often think of this while I was in gym class.




Somewhere Only We Know




Pretending

Glee's known for its covers, but the original songs are pretty good, too!




What are your favorites from season two?



Favorite Glee Songs series:
Season one
Season three
Seasons four, five, and six

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.