Spring Break Shopping Haul

Last week was my spring break, and like most of my spring breaks, I usually just stay home, relax, and try to do whatever homework is assigned during the break. And whenever I'm home from school, shopping is pretty much guaranteed. It's slowly starting to transition to spring and warmer weather, and warm weather is my favorite, so naturally, I love shopping for those seasons the most. Here are the things I got over break:

Target

Most of the things I got over break are clothes, but I don't usually get clothes from Target. Instead, they take my money in the dollar section.

They have really cute and trendy cards in the dollar section every time I go there, so I buy new ones every time I go there.


I also found a pink over the door thing with hooks on it for only $3! It will definitely be useful for my apartment next year. For now, it's just hanging on the door in my room at home.




Forever 21 

If Forever 21 didn't exist, I'm not sure where I'd get most of my clothes. 

Both the dress and the shorts were a deal, as they had the purple tag that Forever 21 uses on some of their newer clothes to give customers some good deals without having them in the sale section. 

What I like about the dress (other than the floral print) is that it's a casual dress that you can wear on an everyday basis. I also love the little cutout with the knot at the back. The knot makes the cutout unique. I haven't seen any other stores or brands do that with cutouts.


These shorts are perfect for those summer days where you're going out somewhere, are kind of lazy and just want to throw on a shirt and shorts but still want to look cute.


Nordstrom Rack

When I usually go to Nordstrom Rack, I do find some clothes I want, but they're still a bit pricey for me. The past few times I've been there, though, have been more successful, and I've found something that is at a price I'm willing to pay.

What I have to say about these shorts is exactly the same about the shorts I got from Forever. What I will add is that I love the color -- bright pink is perfect for warm weather -- and I love the laser cut design and scalloped hem.



Charlotte Russe

Even though I don't own a lot of stuff from Charlotte Russe, it is a store I go to relatively often. I actually found a few things last time I went.

I found this flannel on one of the sale racks, and I really like the colors (there is pink on it!) and loved the crocheted lace on the back. Another thing I like about this flannel is the fit. It's a little loose, but not too loose or too big. I also like that it's longer in the back than the front. It's also a soft flannel, but not warm, so it doesn't make you sweat so long you wear it in appropriate temperatures.



When I saw this shirt and its price, I immediately wanted to buy it, because it's similar to a shirt I wanted from Forever 21. Unfortunately, Forever 21 didn't have the shirt in the size or color I wanted, so I was lucky to find one just like it. This goes really well with the flannel I bought with it, so that's a plus!



Rue 21

I haven't bought something from Rue 21 in years, since my style's changed in the past several years, but I do go in there on occasion. 

I'm glad I did go in last time I came across one, because I found this really cute jumpsuit that I could actually afford. I love the pink straps and the crossing pattern in the front, and I love the tribal print as well. I wasn't sure if I was tall enough or could pull off a jumpsuit, but when I tried it on, it seemed to work. I think this will be perfect for a summer day that I should dress up a bit for but am a little lazy. It'll also be great for days that aren't too hot or super cool.






JC Penney

I don't really shop at department stores much, but JC Penney does have some decent clothes I'd wear. I specifically went to find some shoes though, since I was looking for wedges. I've wanted wedges for a little while since I'm too short for most of my maxi dresses and needed to find a solution. 

I thought these were a good height since I didn't want them to be too high, and I love the rhinestones and design of the strap in the front. 



TJ Maxx

My mom loves TJ Maxx, so I end up getting a lot of clothes from there. Some of their stores are better than others, and luckily for me, there are pretty good ones by where I live.

I just really wanted some printed shorts for the summer that were easy to throw on, if you haven't noticed. I love the lace at the hem.



I'm really liking halter-style dresses, and I don't really have any dresses like this one, so I thought it would be a good addition to my closet.


This muscle tee is actually from American Eagle, but if you know TJ Maxx, then you know they sell clothes from brand name stores that are from the last few seasons. It's nice that they do though, because I really like this shirt, specifically the graphic, and I got it at a cheaper price than when it was originally sold.


I definitely don't have any dresses like this one. It's a shift dress, and it's sort of a salmon color, but more pink, so it's definitely something different from the rest of the dresses I own. I feel like it's more grown-up without being too grown-up, which is good, since I am an adult, even though I don't really feel like it sometimes. I also love the scalloped hem. (I really like those if you also haven't noticed that.) I think this is a great dress for church since it's a good length, so I'm probably wearing this for Easter.



Marshalls

My mom also loves Marshalls, so I also end up getting quite a lot of stuff from there. We don't go there as much as TJ Maxx though, so I get less stuff from here. They do still have some pretty good stuff though!

I mainly got this shirt because I wanted a shirt to go with the pink and black tribal print shorts from TJ Maxx, but I can also wear it with other bottoms I have. Crocheted lace seems to be a trend from my spring break shopping.



I've wanted pairs of Nike running shorts like this for a while now, but they're pretty expensive, so I was ecstatic to find these Illini ones at Marshalls for less than $20! I've seen shorts similar to these on sale at the bookstores on campus, but they're hardly ever in my size when they're on sale, so I was lucky my sister found these for me!


Baby Lips are probably my favorite lip balm, but I feel they're not too effective when my lips are chapped or very dry. But now that I have these medicated Dr. Rescue ones, my problem is solved. I also really like that there's a coral, medicated one, so I can add some color when my lips aren't healthy.




Happy spring, everyone! Hope you're all breaking out the warm-weather clothes and/or are buying some to celebrate the warmer weather! What is your favorite item from this haul?

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.