Portland 2016: A Glance at the City of Roses

Although there were a lot of places and things I had to do for school during the trip, I also had a lot of free time. I even had an entire day to do whatever I pleased the Saturday we were there. I mostly stayed on the west side of town and near downtown, but I enjoyed the exploring I got to do and got to take a bunch of pictures to document my time there.

Old Town sign



If you're ever in Portland and see this "you are beautiful" sticker on a street sign near the Old Town sign, I put it there! It was the first time I used one of those stickers somewhere other than my laptop. If you don't know what you are beautiful is all about, check out their website or last year's Christmas post.



Portland Waterfront




Pioneer Courthouse Square



Powell's City of Books

This was the biggest bookstore I've ever been it, and it's wonderful! I love books and to read, so I was a happy camper when I was in there. Anyone who loves books/reading needs to go here!





Portland State University



The Grotto

The Grotto is a Catholic shrine and national sanctuary, but it's still a place worth going to even if you're not Catholic, Christian, or religious. They have upper level gardens that are beautiful, and it only costs $6 to see them. The meditation building's also really cool design-wise and offers a great view of Portland.






The meditation building



Other

A cool building I saw on Burnside Street (I think) in the Pearl District

A view of Portland from the plane



Where in Portland would you like to go? Anywhere pictured in this post?

Portland 2016 blogs:
Portland 2016: Sportlandia Part 1
Portland 2016: Sportlandia Part 2
Portland 2016: Food in the City of Roses
Portland 2016: Shopping Haul

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.