My September Favorites

Image credit
For some reason, I'm not sure why I didn't have as many favorite things for September as the other months I've done these kinds of posts. That's probably why it's taken me nearly half of October to figure out what to include in this post. Perhaps it's because I've been listening to the same 20 songs for the past three months and I've slowed down on reading. However, there were a few things (and one big thing that relates to others) I loved this past month.


Too Good at Goodbyes - Sam Smith


Sam Smith is back, and his music is still amazing.



Kingsman: The Golden Circle game


Ever since I found out the sequel to Kingsman: The Secret Service would be released September 22, it was one of the main things I was looking forward to after summer ended. Sometime in September, I found out there'd be a mobile game for the movie. Since I'm no longer in school and don't have a job, I have a lot of free time, and I love Kingsman, so I downloaded it.


The game isn't hard to play (it's just a color-matching game) and lets me pretend I'm an awesome super spy. With story mode, tag team, event, and player vs. player play, there are a lot of options within the game. Although each option still uses the same color-matching game, it's still fun. If you like the Kingsman franchise and enjoy games, I'd give it a try!

You can download it on the App Store and/or Google Play.


Kingsman: The Golden Circle


First, if you haven't seen the first Kingsman film, I suggest you watch it (unless you don't like action movies, are too young, and/or really don't want to watch a violent movie). It's awesome. Second, if you have no idea what I'm talking about, watch the trailer below.



I ended up watching The Golden Circle twice in September because yes, I liked it that much. (To be honest, it was actually because I saw it without my brother the first time, but I wouldn't have gone again if I didn't like it.) While I wouldn't necessarily say The Golden Circle was better than The Secret Service, it did not disappoint. It made me laugh a lot, and it made me want to cry, too.

The action scenes are just as good as those in the first one, and there are a lot more great emotional scenes in this sequel. Plus, there are some more smaller conflicts with Eggsy, the main character played by Taron Egerton (aka my fave), that are explored.

Last, but certainly not least, the cast is just superb. I do wish Channing Tatum had a bigger role in the movie, (darn schedule conflicts!) but Pedro Pascal, Halle Berry, and Jeff Bridges were great to watch. And to end: Elton John is in it and is freaking awesome.


Mr. Porter x Kingsman Adidas Superstar low-tops

In case you couldn't already tell, I've recently become obsessed with Kingsman. Sometime earlier this year ― probably late spring ― I found a picture of the Adidas Superstars that would be part of the Mr. Porter x Kingsman collaboration for The Golden Circle. The picture was of the high-top Superstars but it also said low-top ones would be available.
Superstars have been really big and trendy lately, but I hadn't hopped on that train because I didn't care for them that much. They do look cool and go with many clothes but I was content with the sneakers I had. But when I saw these Mr. Porter x Kingsman ones, I thought they were cooler than the black and white ones everyone else had. Plus, the Kingsman ones have pink on them, and pink is my favorite color. Like normal Adidas Superstars, these weren't cheap, but considering only 500 pairs were made, it was worth the splurge.


BP by Nordstrom lace-up heeled sandals

During the trip to Nordstrom Rack that I got these shoes, I was originally looking for some cutout ankle boots, maybe peeptoe ones. These aren't quite cutout ankle boots but could serve the purpose, especially since they were only $18! I love the lace-up design and the nice neutral color. These will be great summer-to-fall transition shoes.

So far, I've only worn them a few times, but I love them. They are comfortable to walk in and can be dressed up or down. 


Wet n Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick


I remember seeing this lipstick in a BuzzFeed post or some other listicle about good, long-lasting lipsticks but never really saw it in stores until a few weeks ago. Wet n Wild is known to be pretty cheap, so when I heard good things about this cheap, lasting, cruelty-free liquid lipstick, I had to try it for myself.

I got this in the shade Give Me Mocha because I don't have any lipstick in any similar shades and thought it would be good for fall. I've only worn it twice so far but am pretty pleased! It does last. I drink a lot of water, and it does not come off from that. It didn't really come off while I was eating either, which is really the true test. However, it would get a little crumbly, dry, and heavy at times. I did moisturize before putting it on because I know matte and liquid lipsticks can be drying, but it didn't always work. Though I must admit I wore it on some really hot and humid days, which was probably a contributing factor.

The good thing is that when it would get crumbly and a little heavy/cakey (which usually happened after touching it up because my lips were getting dry or I ate something relatively greasy), I could easily remove it and then reapply it. Once I reapplied it, it was good to go and stayed on. It no longer felt heavy and stayed that way till the end of the day.

I'm no beauty expert and hardly know anything about makeup to be quite honest, but I really like this lipstick. It's definitely worth the buy!


Chocolatey Peanut Affy Tapples

Sometime last month I remember going to the grocery store and seeing caramel apples with peanuts and chocolate chips and instantly wanted them. At the time, it didn't quite feel like fall yet, but the store was full of autumn inspired food. Plus, I've grown to love caramel apples over the past few years.


I remember eating Affy Tapples quite often every fall when I was in elementary school as my mom would bring them home. Then I stopped eating them for a good while because no one ever brought them home or got them at the store anymore. Suddenly, sometime while I was still in college, I got into the habit of dipping my apples in caramel. I eventually started adding chocolate chips to the mix as well. Now apples with caramel and chocolate are my favorite way to eat the fruit.



What did you discover (or rediscover) and love in September?

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.