2017 Black Friday Weekend Mini Shopping Haul

Although it's officially the holiday shopping season, the time to buy gifts for everyone on your list, I took advantage of the great sales to spoil myself a bit. So here's what I scored during the Thanksgiving and Black Friday weekend (that isn't a present, of course!):

Charlotte Russe

Charlotte Russe had quite a few deals for Black Friday, but I wasn't sold on any of them except for its BOGO scarves deal. Now that winter's nearing, I've been breaking out my scarves from my closet. When I'm out and about, my neck can feel naked without one during this time of year. I especially love blanket scarves because they add a fun and cozy touch to an outfit. Blanket scarves are also unlike other winter scarves where you actually want them to be part of your outfit. You aren't just wearing this fuzzy piece of cloth around your neck to keep you warm.


After looking through my fall and winter clothes, I realized I needed more neutral blanket scarves. I have a dark gray/pink/white one, a light gray/pink/white one, and a beige/hot pink/navy/red one. So I realized I needed ones that matched more of my clothes. 


The mauve and cream one pictured above will go great with my white, beige, burgundy, and lighter pink clothes, which I have a lot of. I especially wear those colors a lot during fall and winter.


This black and white one works well with almost any color, so that's always a plus. The color combo just makes this scarf look so classic and is great for times when you're feeling the all black look.


Forever 21

Forever 21 doesn't go over the top for Black Friday like other stores, which is understandable since its clothes and prices are already pretty cheap. However, it did have 21% off your entire purchase before noon Friday. Unfortunately, my family did not get to the mall before noon. But I was still able to score some great deals there.


This dark pinkish mauve dress is one of the deals the store often has in the front of the store, often marked by a purple or gold tag. I especially liked this because it has a satiny texture and feel and reminds me of an figure skating dress with the high neckline and fit.  


While this wasn't on sale or anything, I got this shirt mostly for sentimental value and because it's just too cute! I grew up with Care Bears and still have mine (five to be exact!), one of which is on this shirt. The left sleeve with the tiny Care Bears eating doughnuts as big as their heads is just too cute, and I love Care Bears and doughnuts! Plus, I don't have enough long sleeve shirts.


I found this pink denim jacket in the clearance section for only $15, which is a fantastic deal because when are denim jackets ever under $25? Despite what the photo may show, the jacket's baby pink. I've wanted a colored denim jacket for a little while now and think this is the perfect color.

While I don't usually get to wear denim jackets in late fall or winter, I think this could work with a sweater or even a hoodie underneath if I'm going for an extra warm outfit. Afterall, it is oversized a bit, so I have some room to layer with.


I know the photo doesn't show it (like at all), but the stripes on this dress are a dark maroon or burgundy color. I've loved this color and it's grown on me throughout the past few years now. I don't have any striped dresses, and this is a pretty classic look that won't really go out of style. It's a midi-length bodycon dress, so it can be dressed up or down. 

Garage


I got this sweater for $20, which is a pretty good deal because sweaters are often rather expensive. I don't have any gray sweaters, and I especially liked this one for its cropped and relaxed fit and the light pink stripes. I'd pair this with some light wash jeans and sneakers if it's a warmer winter/fall day or some black pants and ankle boots for colder days.


What deals did you score this Black Friday weekend?

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.