My October Favorites

Image credit
Now that I have a bunch of leftover Halloween candy to eat because no one came to my house for trick-or-treating, it's time to share my October favorites.

Jeremy Jordan

My sister and I basically had a Jeremy Jordan marathon in October and watched almost everything he's been in, including Newsies (a few times, actually), Supergirl, The Last Five Years, and Smash. The first time I watched Jeremy Jordan in anything was in Newsies, so I was definitely used to seeing him as a "tough guy," but after watching him in 2+ seasons of Supergirl, it's funny how he does well as the complete opposite role as Winn Schott is kind of the dorky, smart best friend type.

Anyway, although he was only in one season of Smash, I loved hearing him sing and really enjoyed a few of the songs his character sang, especially "The Love I Meant to Say," "High and Dry," and "Broadway Here I Come." 








Riverdale

So I've been a fan of the Archie Comics based TV series since it premiered earlier this year, but with the second season starting last month, my excitement for the show has recently grown. I even got a River Vixens T-shirt! I actually briefly wore it with some pearl earrings and lipstick to channel my inner Veronica Lodge.



Main Event Entertainment

The Monday after my birthday, my twin sister, our best friend, and I went to this place called Main Event, which is basically a bowling alley, arcade, and restaurant all in one. It was our first time there, and we had a lot of fun playing a bunch of arcade games after lunch. None of us had done anything like that since we were kids, so it was nice to feel like kids again. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to go bowling, but the arcade games were fun enough as they had a large variety. In addition to the classics like Skee-ball and pop-a-shot basketball, there was giant Connect Four, racing games, and so much more. If there's one of these near you, I'd definitely check it out!


Kate Spade Sedgewick glitter rain boots

Sedgewick Glitter Rain Boots

I actually found these boots at Marshalls, so they were much cheaper than the original retail price. I love Kate Spade and glitter and could use another pair of boots/shoes for the rain, so I just couldn't pass these up at only $60. And even though they're rain boots, they don't look like typical rain boots, so they're more versatile and can go with more outfits than my tall Hunter boots.


Adidas quilted bomber jacket

Perhaps my least favorite thing about when it starts to get cold is having to wear a jacket because it usually covers your outfit. If it's not too cold out, you can get away with wearing a lighter, more stylish jacket that complements your outfit rather than covering it, but once it gets too cold and it's time for puffy jackets, it's hard to do that.



That's why I like this Adidas bomber. It's thin but has the warming qualities of some puffer jackets because it's quilted. Plus, it's a warm, soft color that can complement my outfit rather than covering it all up. It's a nice jacket I plan to wear as much as I can until it gets really cold.


Ombre leos at the 2017 World Gymnastics Championships

The 2017 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships were at the beginning of last month, and it were definitely interesting and eventful. While I wasn't as excited for this Worlds as I have been in years past, I was excited to see so many pretty ombre leotards at the competition this year. As a gymnastics fanatic and fashion lover, I always enjoy seeing what everyone's leotards are.


When I first saw this blue Team USA leotard, I was head over heels for it. It's gorgeous! Also, the artistic gymnasts of Team USA aren't known to wear blue very often, so that was a nice change. I love everything about this leo, from the blue ombre to the crystals and nude mesh. It's such a stylish and elegant leo.



Here's another Team USA leotard I loved once I saw it. This is actually a white and red version of the leotard two-time Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman wore in the 2016 Olympic all-around finals. (Raisman's was just red.) I like this one much more than the red one Raisman wore because the white and red ombre sleeves are stunning. It just adds another dimension to the leo and makes everything stand out more.




The leotard pictured above is a Great Britain leotard by the European leotard company Quatro. I feel like this leo is different than what the British gymnasts usually wear, but I adore it. I love the pink and white ombre sleeves. They add a nice contrast to the navy bodice. There's also a nice amount of sparkle with the rhinestones. Usually a horizontal line of rhinestones on the bodice looks weird and like a belt, but it actually works quite nicely here and doesn't look weird!

What did you love in October, or what are you looking forward to in November?

1 comment

  1. Main Event was an October highlight for me, too! Also enjoyed a lot of pumpkin spice flavored things this month, and some new shows on Netflix. In November I am looking forward to more fall sweaters, hot chocolate, and Turkey Trots!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.