Snapshots of San Francisco

Near the start of the month, I went to California's Bay Area with my mom, aunt, uncle, and sister for my second cousin's wedding. On the other few days we were there, we did quite a bit of sightseeing and exploring. This is the second vacation I've been on since getting my new camera, so I'm pretty pleased with the photos I was able to take and am sharing some of my favorites below.

Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39

Alcatraz as seen from Fisherman's Wharf




Sea lions at Pier 39's K-DOCK

This sea lion is an accurate representation of me throughout the entire trip because I could never get enough sleep there.

Trish's Mini Donuts at Pier 29 is a great little doughnut shop to get sugar or cinnamon sugar donuts. They make a great snack and aren't too sweet!

Cable cars lined up on the street near Fisherman's Wharf.


Ghiradelli Square and Union Square

The big Ghiradelli marquee sign in Ghiradelli Square, home to the original Ghiradelli chocolate factory and store.

The Cookie Bits sundae aka Crissy Fields at one of the Ghiradelli ice cream parlors at Ghiradelli Square. Crissy Fields is a popular park in San Francisco. Ghiradelli names all of its sundaes after San Francisco landmarks.

The Ghiradelli "G" adorns the top of a jumbo Christmas tree outside of Ghiradelli Marketplace in Ghiradelli Square. 

A humongous Christmas tree outside of Macy's in Union Square is Macy's Christmas gift to San Francisco. It's probably as tall as one of the surrounding buildings.


Lombard Street

Pretty pink flowers hang and grow from one of the houses on the most crooked street in the world.

The flowers pop so nicely against the light blue house.


The city from the top of Lombard Street.


Palace of Fine Arts








Golden Gate Bridge







Twin Peaks







This was actually my second time in San Francisco (maybe third? I might have gone as a baby.), but we got to do a lot more this time because we were here for more than a day. Our view of the Golden Gate Bridge was much better this time, as well. What do you want to see in the Bay Area, or what do you like seeing in the Bay, if you've been before?

Stay tuned for another blog post about my trip to the Bay Area! One about the wedding is up next!

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.