Fashion Friday: $100 Tillys Shopping Haul

One great thing about social media, especially Instagram, is the abundance of contests. I was the winner of a contest at the end of February and won a $100 Tillys e-gift card just by commenting on an Instagram post! As a fashion lover and recent college graduate who's still looking for a job and paying student loans, I was ecstatic and took full advantage of the gift card.

I wanted to get the most out of this gift card and buy as much as I could, so I looked at all of the sale items first, and a ton of great items were on sale. After hours of browsing the Tillys site, I decided on seven clothing items to use all of my gift card on. (What a steal, right?)

Without realizing it until checkout, I bought clothes that went together to create three different outfits. I was so excited to get my clothes that I couldn't wait to go out and wear them to show them off. So I did a mini photoshoot to try on and style the clothes for this haul post and show how much $100 can really buy.

(I've linked everything I bought from Tillys in the photo captions and even indicated if what's on sale!)

Outfit 1

This first outfit is definitely a fall outfit, but there is no way I'm waiting for August or September to wear it. It's just too cute to wait to wear. I wish it were warm enough in Chicago to wear now because I want to wear it so badly. I absolutely love the colors of this outfit since I'm a big fan of burgundy/maroon/deep dark reddish pinks. The different textures from the suede skirt and the ruffled bell sleeves play off each other quite nicely. The top can be tucked in or worn normally, and it looks cute both ways. I personally prefer it untucked.

Altar'd State choker | IVY & MAIN Off The Shoulder Womens Plaid Shirt | IVY & MAIN Suede Scallop Skirt (SALE) | Charlotte Russe ankle boots
This top was the first thing I added to my cart. Once I saw it, I knew I wanted it because I really liked it but didn't have anything like it. I don't own a lot of purple but really enjoy these deep, rich colors. I've seen a lot of off-the-shoulder tops with bell sleeves but never one like this. I like to think of this as a top as a modern, trendy Blair Waldorf because plaid is so Gossip Girl.

IVY & MAIN Off The Shoulder Womens Plaid Shirt (SALE) | IVY & MAIN Suede Scallop Skirt (SALE)

I knew I wanted this skirt right away because I had a skirt very similar to this one but a button broke, so I can't wear it anymore. So I'm really glad I found this one to replace it. Plus, I love the suede and the scalloped hem. And it goes with the plaid top perfectly!

IVY & MAIN Suede Scallop Skirt (SALE)


Outfit 2

I felt super stylish and chic in this outfit. It doesn't have any color (although you know I'll find a way to sneak pink in here somewhere when I actually wear it outside), so it feels rather sophisticated to me. What I like most about this outfit and these pieces is that they're pretty timeless. They aren't super trendy, so I can wear them for the rest of my life as long as they still fit. Pieces like that are always good to have in your closet.

IVY & MAIN Navy Stripe Womens Ruffle Sleeve Top (SALE) | FULL TILT Twill Mini Skirt | Steve Madden sneakers | IVY & MAIN Faux Suede Womens Moto Jacket (SALE)
Two things that can really change this outfit are the moto jacket and shoes. Adding the moto jacket instantly adds a casual vibe, especially since you can't see the ruffled shirt sleeves anymore. Obviously it also darkens the outfit and gives it an edgier vibe.

Shoes can always change an outfit. In fact, they can make or break an outfit. What's great with this outfit is that it's pretty versatile and can be dressed up or down just with the shoes worn with it. I first paired it with slip-on sneakers for a more casual or daytime look. Then I changed into over-the-knee boots for more of a nighttime/going out look.

IVY & MAIN Navy Stripe Womens Ruffle Sleeve Top (SALE) | FULL TILT Twill Mini Skirt | IVY & MAIN Faux Suede Womens Moto Jacket (SALE) | Steve Madden boots

IVY & MAIN Navy Stripe Womens Ruffle Sleeve Top (SALE)
I don't have a lot of simpler shirts beyond tank tops for layering and whatnot, and I thought this was a cute staple, so I decided to get it. Plus, it's a Tillys exclusive, so I didn't want to pass it up. I don't own a lot of striped clothing, and the ruffled sleeves are a fun touch to add some flair. I could wear this to almost anything, whether it be just out shopping or to eat somewhere or with the right pants and shoes for business.

IVY & MAIN Navy Stripe Womens Ruffle Sleeve Top (SALE) | FULL TILT Twill Mini Skirt | IVY & MAIN Faux Suede Womens Moto Jacket (SALE)
I initially didn't even look at the jackets on the Tillys site because I didn't think I'd find anything I'd want a lot or anything worth buying, but I am so glad I eventually did because I love this jacket. The only plain black jacket I have is for rain, so I didn't have a more stylish jacket black jacket until now.

It's suede, so it's got a fun texture, and it has cool zipper details. Moto jackets are always cool, so I'm probably going to wear this for a long time. It fits really well and can go with so many outfits. And since I love taking photos of my outfits all the time, I appreciate when a jacket is part of an outfit and not just something that is covering your outfit to keep you warm. And this is definitely a jacket that will be part of an outfit.

IVY & MAIN Faux Suede Womens Moto Jacket (SALE)


Outfit 3

Of all these outfits, I will probably wear this one most. It's pretty effortless to put together but looks super trendy. Plus, it's casual, and I wear casual clothes the most since I actually don't go out a lot. I could wear this around the house or outside when I'm out running errands or hanging out with friends. 

This one definitely goes with the athleisure trend that I hope never goes away. When I put this on, I actually felt really cool and like maybe I was going to one of those hip-hop dance classes that everyone watches on YouTube. It made me feel good, and I'm a firm believer that you should wear what makes you feel good.

FILA Luann Womens Halter Top | FULL TILT Faux Leather Mesh Womens Leggings (SALE) | Mr. Porter x Kingsman Adidas lowtop Superstar
Once I saw this top on the site, I instantly loved it and wanted it to be mine. The 90s are back, and this shirt is definitely all about that. Athletic brands, graphic tops, and logos are trendy, and I love the colors of this top.

FILA Luann Womens Halter Top
Who doesn't love leggings? I love leggings, especially cool ones with fun details like these. I recently misplaced a pair of leggings with mesh insets so when I saw these (and that they were only $10), I immediately added them to my cart. These are really comfy and stylish, so getting these was a great idea. And they're high waisted, so they go great with all shirts, especially crop tops. Honestly, I think all leggings should be high waisted.

FULL TILT Faux Leather Mesh Womens Leggings (SALE)


Which of my outfits and clothing items did you like best?

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.