2014-15 Post-Christmas Shopping Haul

I'm at that age where I don't really get any "actual" presents for Christmas; I just get money and maybe gift cards. And it's been that way for a while now, but I don't think I've ever bought so much so quickly with my Christmas money. (Though I probably shouldn't have spent 90% of it, but I grew up going shopping with my mom almost every weekend, so it rubbed off on me.) So I decided to do a haul post, showing (almost) everything I bought during the seven trips that I made to five different malls over winter break after Christmas.

Charming Charlie

The first thing I bought after Christmas was this orange, blue, and white chevron infinity scarf. I go to the University of Illinois, so I've been adding a lot of orange and blue to my wardrobe. I love chevron and infinity scarves, so I really love this scarf.
I actually didn't even know this was an infinity scarf until I went home and unfolded it. I just saw it in the store and knew I had to buy it because it's Illini colors and chevron. So I was pretty happy when I found out it was an infinity scarf.
I'm going to use this a lot when I go to sporting events at school since it is Illini colors, especially on my way to and back home from gymnastics meets. It's also a nice, little way to show some school spirit.



The next thing I bought from Charming Charlie was this Illinois necklace. I don't normally like short necklaces, but since I do go to U of I, and I actually do like living in this state despite the fact that I complain about it, I thought I would buy it to show that. Plus, it's a cute, little accessory for an otherwise plain outfit. I'll probably end up wearing it on sort of an everyday occasion, since it's a pretty simple accessory.



PacSun

PacSun's one of my favorite stores to shop at, but their items are pretty pricey, so most of the things I get from PacSun are from the outlet or the clearance section. Most of the time, it happens to be from both, like the two pieces I bought the Saturday after Christmas.


This muscle tee is by Young & Reckless. I don't own anything else from this brand, but I love the graphic on this shirt. It's a city skyline (LA's, I believe), and it's overlaid with a gradient/ombre effect of blue to pink. Lately, I've been layering my chambray/denim button ups with graphic tees like this one, so that's what I plan on doing with it. Once the warm weather returns, I'll end up pairing it with some light blue high waisted shorts and light pink Keds.


Pretty much the only shorts I wear now are high-waisted ones, and I've been digging this burgundy/maroon color for a little while now, so it seemed like a no brainer when I found these in the clearance section. I could wear these in the winter on milder days with some black tights, but I don't wear tights and shorts anymore, so I'll probably just save these for late spring, summer, and early fall.

Victoria's Secret PINK


If you love Mean Girls and the color pink like I do, you just have to have this shirt!
I've wanted this muscle tee since I first saw it at PINK a few months ago, but I didn't want to buy it full price. After all, PINK's stuff isn't cheap. So when I was at PINK for the semi-annual sale and saw it in the sale section, I knew I had to get it. This shirt will definitely be worn on Wednesdays when I wake up for class and don't know what to wear.

Francesca's

I haven't been shopping at Francesca's very long. I went into one of their boutiques for the first time a few months ago, and I haven't had the money to buy anything I wanted from there until after Christmas.
This shirt was on clearance, and their clearance was an additional 40% off, so when I went inside the store, I went straight towards the clearance racks. What I like most about this top is the crocheted lace on the side. It's a pretty simple top but has that lace on the side to add some detail, but it's still simple enough to wear with a necklace or printed pants. Since my favorite color is pink, and I love crocheted lace, I decided to make this my first Francesca's purchase. It's also unlike any other shirts I have, which makes it a great addition to my wardrobe.

Aeropostale

 I don't normally shop at Aero, but I do go inside occasionally if I'm bored or if they're having a good sale. I came across an Aero location that was permanently closing, so they were having a huge sale to get rid of their entire inventory. I thought I might find something, so I went inside.



If you've read my Favorite Outfits of 2014 post, then you should know that this burgundy color has been one of my favorites lately. I've been looking for some more flannel shirts, and since I've been really into this color lately, I decided to buy it. Plus, pretty much everything I was buying during this trip to this Aero was less than $15, so everything was a steal.
I do admit I'm not a big fan of the graphic on the back, but I can deal with it since it's nothing terribly awful. I plan on wearing this with some leggings or skinny jeans and my studded combat boots. I might wear it open with a graphic tee or some other t-shirt underneath depending on if I can find one.
When it gets warmer, I might just wear it around my waist since that seems to be a trend nowadays, which I like since it does add some edge to outfits.


I bought another infinity scarf, as you can see from the picture above. It's a knit scarf though, so it's made from the same material as sweaters, which makes it super warm and comfy. I love the color and print. It's a really comfy scarf, and it can really brighten up an outfit.


Most of the purses I own are cross-body bags, but I'm starting to venture away from that, beginning with this bag. What I like most about this bag is the studs all over the front. It gives this simple bag some detail and edge. It's also pretty big, so I can use it for school to fit my books and notes. What I don't like is that there are absolutely no smaller pockets inside and that there's no button or zipper closure. But it cost less than $10, so it was a good deal!

H&M


I love everything about this sweater: the color, the cropped fit, and the crochet trim. It was also inexpensive, which was a plus. What's great about this sweater is that I can wear it pretty much all year round. When it's cold, I just need to wear a long sleeve underneath. When it's warmer, I can wear a tank top or bandeau under. So I'm probably going to end up wearing this a lot.

Kate Spade


My family and I took another trip to the outlet mall after I found out my mom bought a purse at Kate Spade for $50. When I found that out, I wanted to go back so I could get one, because I think I inherited my mother's love of Kate Spade and have wanted a purse from there, and I could actually afford one for once.
After roaming around the store with my sister for about 15 minutes, I finally found a purse I could afford and wanted. I think the bokeh-like print on the purse is really cool, especially since I love photography myself. The colors are also ones I wear often, so I thought it was a good fit.

Nordstrom Rack


Although Nordstrom Rack has a good amount of clothes I like and want, I don't usually get anything from there because it's still pretty expensive despite the discounted price. But when I found this on the clearance rack, I was pretty happy because I really liked the floral print and colors, and it was only $15. It's not a typical floral print, and the color scheme is pretty unique.
Even though it's a dress, I can wear this year-round. For the cold, winter months, I think this would look really good with some tights and combat boots. Then once it's warm again, I can just throw it on along with a pair of sandals.

A'GACI

Even though it's going to look like I did the most damage at A'GACI, it's actually where I did the least, because I was fortunate enough to win a $50 gift card from a Twitter giveaway they did before Christmas. They only got $3 out of my wallet! Thank you, A'GACI!
Most of the clothes I get here are pretty nice tops/blouses that I'd wear to work if I were a working journalist already, but I like to wear shirts like these on an everyday basis with some jeans or leggings.


This is a really simple top, but the great thing is that since it already has gold accents along the neckline, I don't have to wear a statement necklace with it or anything. I really like the color, and the back has a little teardrop-shaped cutout near the top.


I love everything about this top: the bow, the color, and the tribal print back design. And it was 30% off!


My favorite things about this top are the chevron pattern and the color scheme. It's Illini colors, so it shows some school spirit. And since it's a pretty nice top made of chiffon-like material, I'm going to end up wearing this to an Illini gymnastics meet I have to cover for Gymnastike.


I have a pair of Hunter rain boots that match this shirt perfectly, and I don't own a lot of clothes that match the boots that well, so I was glad to find this in the sale section. This shirt is going to see a lot of rainy days!

Forever 21


Like many of the stores that I shopped at during winter break, Forever 21 also had a big sale on their clearance products. Normally, I don't even really bother looking at F21's clearance/sale section, because it's so messy, and I hardly ever find anything in it, but I saw this shirt right in the front of the store when I walked in. 
It may be hard to tell from the picture, but this shirt is a large, and I normally wear a small or medium. It was only $3 though, and I really liked the ombre effect and the colors. And since it's a size or two larger than what I normally get, it's longer, so I can wear it with leggings. The colors give me a spring vibe, so I'm probably going not going to wear this until spring. Then I'll probably pair it with some black leggings or some light blue jeans and my light pink Keds.


To be honest, the only reason I wore this sports bra was because F21's clearance was buy one get one free. I actually really do like it though. It's got a unique tribal and animal print mix. I don't wear sports bras by themselves though, so I might end up wearing this like a bandeau under a muscle tee.

Hollister

Sales seem to be the theme of this post, and it is no different for Hollister. Like Aeropostale, I don't go into Hollister much anymore. I used to go a lot more often when I was in middle school and the first two years of high school, but I do still like this store. It's just too expensive for me, and I like other stores more now.


When I saw this shirt, I immediately thought of the maroon/burgundy high waisted shorts I got from PacSun, which are shown earlier in this post. Though this top is mostly gray, it does have light pink and maroon tribal print on it, so I can pair it with those shorts.
My favorite thing about this, though, would have to been the crocheted chevron lace material on the sides. It's definitely something I haven't seen before, but I love it.


This picture doesn't really show the shirt well, which I apologize for. The lighting in my room back home is awful. Though it's not very visible, the shirt is entirely covered in the tribal-like lace pattern that you can kind of see from the back of the shirt. That's what I love about this shirt. I also like the high halter neck fit of the shirt.


And that's all, folks! I hope everyone also scored some good deals during post-Christmas shopping season!

If you're a fan of my style, feel free to follow me on Instagram, where I often post OOTD photos.

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.