Fashion Friday: Style Icons: Nastia Liukin

A photo I shot of Nastia Liukin at the 2012 Kellogg's Tour of Gymnastics Champions

I'm going to start a new Fashion Friday series where I talk about my style icons and share some of my favorite looks of theirs. For the inaugural one, I have chosen Olympic gymnast Nastia Liukin because it is her 26th birthday today. Happy birthday, Nastia!

There isn't a specific thing I like most about Nastia's style. I just love her sense of fashion, and she always looks so stylish, even when she's working out or was practicing as a gymnast (as shown through her line of leotards with GK Elite) and on Dancing with the Stars. I do love that her signature (and favorite) color is pink, because it's mine as well!

Here are some of my favorite outfits Nastia's worn in the past year or so:



I adore that hot pink leather jacket! I'm not sure many people could pull that off, but Nastia rocks it.








I love the embellished collar on this dress, its simplicity, and its silhouette.




A photo posted by Nastia Liukin (@nastialiukin) on


I'm a big fan of faux sweetheart necklaces and rompers, so this gets an A+ from me! Plus, I don't think it's an easy romper to pull off, but Nastia does it without fail. And the little bows on her heels are like the cherry on top!






Just because you're working up a sweat doesn't mean you can't look fashionable while doing so! And the Mean Girls quote on that crop top? Love it! After all, we both share a love for the color pink.




A photo posted by Nastia Liukin (@nastialiukin) on


Oversized sweaters and skinny jeans are such an easy look to put together, but Nastia takes it up a notch with her cute heels. Plus, I love the paste colors!



Women's gymnasts are some of the few athletes who take style and fashion into account when competing, but Nastia extends her love for it off the competition floor and has made a career out of it, as aforementioned with her leotard line.

Who are some of your athlete style icons?

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.