Fashion Friday: 2018 Prom Picks


It's April, which means it's officially prom season! This is a really exciting time for a lot of high school juniors and seniors, and even though I'm a college graduate, I'm excited about it, too, because I love looking at prom dresses (and clothes in general).

I actually never went to my prom because I didn't want to for multiple reasons. I'm not much of a dance person anyway. I just want to wear a pretty dress but didn't want a prom dress badly enough to go to prom for that sole reason. Anyway, now that it's prom season and I never went to prom, I wanted to share my prom picks for this year. So if I were a girl shopping for a prom dress this year, these are the 10 dresses I'd definitely want to try on. (Obviously they're all pink!)

If you want to shop for any of these dresses or just want to see what other colors they come in, etc., click the photo or the caption!

Two-piece dress sets

Most of the dresses I chose are two-piece ones because I just really love the idea of dress sets. I don't know what it is, but I've adored two-piece dress sets since they became trendy a few years ago.
Sherri Hill # 51723
Sherri Hill is my favorite dress/gown designer, so there are a few of her gowns in this post. This is more of a peachy pink while the rest of these dresses are pink, no argument about it. I love the lace top and how it's a slightly different shade of pink from the satin skirt. It adds some fun contrast and texture to the set. It's pretty plain overall but not too plain. I've never gone prom dress shopping or anything, but I know I wouldn't want my dress to be solid and super plain.


Sherri Hill # 51655
The details for this dress are my favorite part. The embellishments on the top of both the top and skirt are gorgeous. I love sparkles and glitter, so I definitely wouldn't mind some embellishments on a prom dress. I adore the pink color of the tulle skirt and its beautiful lace underlay!



Two-Piece Prom Dress with Print Skirt and Pockets
I actually have no clue what designer this dress is, and this is probably my favorite dress of the entire post. This is likely the cheapest dress on this list, as it's under $200, so if I were to actually buy a dress off this list, it'd probably be this one because I love everything about this dress. 

The color is perfect. I love hot pink. And the satiny sheen of the top makes it less plain and boring. I also love floral print, so I'm a big fan of the skirt. And IT HAS POCKETS! Honestly, any dress that has pockets is a contender, so don't be surprised to see more dresses with pockets in this post. Every dress that can have pockets without sacrificing design or look should have pockets.



La Femme 25705
So this is kind of plain, but the rhinestoned top really makes a difference. It adds sparkle and shine to the dress without going overboard. I really like the halter style top as well. The skirt has pockets, so yay! And it has a nice A-line shape with some slight detailing at the bottom.  


La Femme 24101
Here's another A-line two-piece set with pockets with a halter style top, but this is very much different. This top isn't a thick halter style and instead has thin straps that form a fun design on the back, which I love. I'm a sucker for cool back designs on dresses, shirts, and even gymnastics leotards. Blush is such a pretty color, and I love the blush rose floral print on the skirt. 


La Femme 26077
This is pretty similar to the dress two above this one but with a different rhinestone pattern on the top and a skirt that's more fun. Rather than dotting the rhinestones all over the top like on the other dress, these rhinestones form a linear pattern that give it a cool look. My favorite part about this dress is the wavy ruffled bottom of the skirt. It's subtle but fun.


Ellie Wilde EW117068
I don't think I'd be a big fan of ballgown and big A-line dresses, but I loved this skirt too much to not put it in this blog post. I love the lace off-the-shoulder crop top but wish it had a little sparkle. The blue floral print on the blush skirt is stunning! It's so springlike and adds such a pretty contrast. Oh yeah. And this dress also has pockets.


One-piece dresses

La Femme 26329
Oh look! More pockets! I told you I liked dresses with pockets. Overall, this is pretty plain, but once again, the details are amazing enough to sell me on it. The plunging V-neck with the mesh in between is fun and different from all the other dresses I chose. I adore the hot pink color of course. The thin rhinestone belt at the front adds just enough sparkle and goes well with the cool strappy back design. The leg slit also isn't absurdly high and is just right for my taste.



Madison James 18-708
My favorite part of this dress is definitely the white bodice. I adore the contrasting rhinestone designs at the neck of the halter and the belt in comparison to the main part of the bodice covering the chest. But my absolute favorite part is the back. The straps connecting the top of the halter to the rest of the dress are awesome. So fun!


Sherri Hill 51638
Most of these dresses don't have lace even though I really like lace, especially bigger lace like the one used for the top of this Sherri Hill dress. The pink lace on the nude mesh creates a stunning look, and I love how long and flowy the skirt is. I feel like if I wore this dress, I would just want to spin around in it all day. 


Which of these prom dresses do you like best? And if you went to prom, tell me about the dress(es) you wore!

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.