My Gymnastics Clothing Collection

If you know me, then you know I'm pretty much obsessed with gymnastics. And if you read my blog at all (or know me), then you know I'm really into fashion and love clothes. So naturally, I have a bunch of gymnastics clothing, especially t-shirts, even though I've never been a gymnast. Even though most of this collection is Illini stuff, I do have quite a few other shirts and other clothing items from gymnastics publications, meets, and more. I will continue to update this post as time goes on, because I'm sure to get more gymnastics shirts. Take a look into my closet and see my gymnastics clothing collection sorted by categories:

(Sorry the shirts are so wrinkly!)

Collegiate Gymnastics

University of Illinois

This is the first Illini gymnastics shirt I got. My mom bought it for me during my visit there in 2013. It was on sale for $5 because the store was having a moving sale, so I was happy about that. 







This rebranded shirt actually comes in four different colors: orange, navy, grey, and white. I only have this orange one so far, but I plan on buying them all, because I want them all and will then have even more options for when Illinois has a meet.
I got my little niece Sofie, who loves gymnastics and said wants to be a "famous gymnast" when she grows up, a shirt just like this (but in kids' sizes). I may or may not be trying to make her an Illinois gymnastics fan. (I gave her an autographed Illinois women's gymnastics poster for Christmas.)

Updated Illinois Gymnastics shirt after Nike rebrand
This was originally an XXL t-shirt that was on sale for $2, which is why I got it despite it being way too big for me. I attempted to cut it into a tank top, but it doesn't look too great because everything's cut unevenly, so I'm just going to put it on a canvas and hang it. 




Another Illinois gym shirt with the rebranded block I




University of Florida Gymnastics

Florida's one of my favorite NCAA gym teams, and I missed the chance to buy their 2013 championship shirt, so I made sure to get one last year right away.




University of Oklahoma

Oklahoma's definitely my favorite NCAA gym team after Illinois, so I had to get the shirt commemorating their first championship!


Flippin' Illini Gymnastics (University of Illinois Club Gymnastics)

I go to a school that's fortunate enough to have a club gymnastics team, so if I ever do decide to actually go to a practice and learn some gymnastics, I can. So far though, all I've done is take some photos and go to practice to pick up the apparel I really wanted because it looks cool.


2013-2014 Flippin' Illini t-shirt


Front of the 2014-2015 Flippin' Illini t-shirt

The back graphic of the 2014-2015 shirt

Front graphic of the 2014-2015 Flippin' Illini quarter-zip sweatshirt

Back of the 2014-2015 sweatshirt

2013-2014 Flippin' Illini sweatshirt



USA Gymnastics

Visa Championships

I got this t-shirt from a Twitter giveaway USA Gym was doing after Visas concluded. 

2012 Visa Championships shirt

Close-up of the 2012 shirt

Kellogg's Tour of Gymnastics Champions

Front graphic of 2012 Kellogg's Tour shirt

Close-up of the back of the 2012 Kellogg's Tour shirt


Secret U.S. Classic

Close-up of the graphic from the 2014 Classic shirt (which is otherwise a plain white t-shirt)


Gymnastics Publications and Blogs

Inside Gymnastics

If you want to but any of the Inside Gym products below, check out their online shop. The 'Keep Calm' shirt and Inside Gymnastics Logo Hoodie are both currently on sale!




I won this hoodie through a Facebook contest. It was really simple. All you had to do was find a product in Inside Gym's shop that you liked, and tell them why. Not very many people entered, so my chances of winning were pretty good!


The cute green chevron lining of the sweatshirt's hood

Gymnastike

I got this shirt from being one of their NCAA interns.



Triple Twist Gym Blog

I got this shirt from Ashlee and Brittany in return for designing the logo, which originally looks like a little different, as shown below. (The exact design couldn't be replicated onto the shirt with the fonts and dropshadow, but that's okay.)



Fun fact: the cutout of the gymnast twisting is Illini gymnast Heather Foley. I made the cutout from a photo I took of her at the 2013 Orange & Blue Exhibition.


Close-up of the graphic on the otherwise plain white t-shirt

Others

Adidas Gymnastics

This is another t-shirt I won through a contest. It was from Adidas Gymnastics' 12 Days of Giveaways in 2013. It's not a normal t-shirt that's just made out of cotton. It feels like a Climalite t-shirt, so it's good for working out, which I really like.


Close-up of the left sleeve

Close-up of the graphic



Which pieces from my gymnastics clothing collection are your favorites? And if you want to know where you can buy any of these from, just ask, and I'll try to help you out!

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.