What I Got for Christmas 2015


Christmas is my favorite holiday, and while it's not because I get presents, it certainly is a nice aspect of the holiday. I really enjoyed Christmas this year, mostly because of how much I laughed, but also because I got some pretty neat gifts, especially the ones featured below. (This isn't to say that I don't like all of my gifts, because I truly do. These are simply my favorites, or more accurately, most of the presents I got that weren't money.)

From my sister

Illini Spirit Jersey


Because I apparently don't have enough Illini spirit jerseys. Kidding! I love spirit jerseys, so I don't mind getting more. I've seen other schools with ombre/tie-dye ones like these, and when I saw that Illinois had one, I instantly wanted it. Luckily, I didn't buy it before coming home for winter break since my sister got it for me!


Illini Ashley Bridget bracelet


Most of the Illini stuff I wear is pretty casual and comfy, stuff I would wear on a lazy day or when I'm just chilling at home. But I do have a few orange and blue clothes that are more dressy or professional. I mostly wear those for when I cover gymnastics meets, and this bracelet is perfect for that. Plus, I can still wear it with my casual orange and blue clothes as well.


From my mom

Kate Spade Grant Street Floral Jules purse



If you are a frequent or occasional visitor here, you may recognize this purse from my holiday wish list post. Usually, I don't get anything from my holiday wish list simply because it's just a bunch of clothes from my favorite stores, but this year, I did! I found this purse at the Kate Spade outlet on sale, so I was really excited when I found it because I love it. This present actually wasn't a surprise since I specifically asked my mom for it, I bought it myself, and my mom's paying me back for it, but I don't mind. I'm just glad and thankful I got it and my mom will pay me back for it since she very well could have said no since I could clearly afford it myself.

Madden Girl jacket



All of my winter jackets are white, so having one that isn't is nice! I like the color and the design of it. I haven't worn it outside yet, but when I tried it on after opening it, it was really warm and comfy, and the inside is super soft. Also, I love Steve Madden and Madden Girl, so that's a plus.


From my brother

Fujifilm Instax Mini 8


This was also on my holiday wish list and was something I asked for specifically, so I wasn't surprised when I opened my brother's present to me. Despite the lack of surprise, I was still excited to get it as I instantly opened the box and took the camera out. If I got film for Christmas as well, I probably would have started taking pictures like crazy. That's how excited I was for this. The film arrived in the mail yesterday, and I took my first picture with it. I'm pleased with the camera and how the photos turn out, so I'm excited to be able to take a bunch of photos.


From my niece and cousins

You Are Beautiful stuff


You Are Beautiful is an art movement that aims to "make life a little better" with three simple words. My cousin's husband works at an art gallery and personally knows the guy who began this movement. Basically what you do is get a sticker and put it wherever you want. Then you're encouraged to take a photo of the sticker wherever you placed it and share it on social media with #yabsticker. Now there is a 'you are beautiful' sticker on every continent, and the message is no longer limited to stickers, as you can see from my photo. I got a t-shirt, a blank greeting card, a wooden art plaque, and a bunch of stickers. I think the concept of this is really cool, and I'm glad I got this present so I can help spread the word and hopefully brighten people's days.

Christian Lacroix notebook


My cousin works in the fashion industry, so she always has cool stuff like this notebook. She originally got these as prizes for bingo, since last year our family played on Christmas. No one ended up playing this year. so she still had all of the stuff she got for bingo prizes. She saw that my glasses were by Christian Lacroix, so she gave me this notebook since she knew I knew this designer and wasn't sure if anyone would. I'm a writer and journalist, so I love notebooks, and this one has a cool cover.


From my aunt and uncle

Forever 21 gift card


Normally, I wouldn't include a gift card in a post like this since it's just a gift card, but I like the design of this one so much I decided to include it. I love the saying on the front of the card holder. Considering this is a present from my aunt and uncle, who are close to my mom and dad, I think 'Forever Family' is very appropriate. In addition, I love the pine tree leaves printed all over and the wooden pattern inside. It definitely reminds me of Christmas and the holidays. And I love Forever 21, so there's that, of course!


From my friend

To Write Love on Her Arms Reblog coffee mug


This coffee mug is from my friend Carly, who's one of the friends I wrote "My Best Friends' Birthdays: Celebrating Life and Love" for. When I found out To Write Love on Her Arms was selling coffee mugs, I knew that this was the one I'd want if I got one. I've always loved this quote and the print/typography itself. So I was pleasantly surprised when I opened my gift from her to see this mug. She didn't know this was the one I wanted. I guess she just knows me that well!



Those are just some of the Christmas presents I got. Thank you to everyone who got me something. I know I'm not the easiest person to shop for. I very much appreciate it. I wish I took pictures of my favorite presents I got for people, but I didn't think to take photos of anything, and I really love some of the presents I gave. I hope everyone's had a wonderful holiday season!

What Christmas presents did you enjoy getting, and/or what present did you enjoy giving? 

Happy holidays, and happy new year!

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.