My June Favorites


Nearly a year has gone by since I first began my monthly favorites blog series, and I've definitely enjoyed sharing what I've really enjoyed each month since then. This edition is full of music and dance, so it's definitely a fun post to go through if you like the arts but also includes some fashion (as always).

Almost Love - Sabrina Carpenter


This lead single for her new album has reminded me how much she's grown in her music and just as a person since I started watching her in Girl Meets World a few years ago. "Almost Love" is such a perfect summer song and just makes you want to get up and dance or at least sing along while blasting it in the car. This is like the definition of  a bop.



Carried Away - Overstreet


Speaking of blasting songs in the car, from the second I first heard this song, I thought it would be the perfect song to blast in the car, windows/top rolled down while driving through the city or on a road trip. Like I can just imagine it being used in a movie or TV show while someone's driving around or taking a road trip somewhere. "Carried Away" just has such fun, cool yet mellow vibes, and I cannot wait to hear the rest of Chord Overstreet's upcoming album.


In My Own Little Corner/Agony - Laura Osnes, Corey Cott, and Jeremy Jordan


Oh my gosh. This is just makes me so happy. If you aren't familiar with Broadway, these lovely people are all accomplished Broadway stars. Osnes is the original Broadway Cinderella while Cott and Jordan are both well known for playing Jack Kelly in Newsies. The trio actually sang this Cinderella/Into the Woods mashup at a different event earlier last month, but this particular performance at the Broadway Princess Party was so much fun, from the choreography to acting and play fighting. 


Michael Dameski's Qualifiers dance on World of Dance


Wow. Just wow. And all of the applause emojis for Michael Dameski's first WOD performance. I was absolutely blown away by this dance when I watched it for the first time on TV. He has such power, precision, and control that shines with this routine. And it demonstrates the athletic ability and strength of dance so well. Plus, Dameski was a Newsie, so he automatically gets brownie points for that.


Eva Igo's Qualifiers dance on World of Dance


Last season's breakout star did not disappoint in her return. Igo delivered a phenomenal performance full of the flexibility, strength, and tricks expected of her but kicked it up a notch with her actual performance quality and maturity.


Embodiment's Qualifiers dance on World of Dance


Unlike the previous two dances, I actually didn't get to watch this as it aired on TV. I watched it the night before on Facebook and was stunned. This group dance was so powerful, dynamic, and strong. The choreo was amazing, and Rudy Abreu (front and center) has definitely grown as a dancer since he last competed on TV in season 11 of So You Think You Can Dance.


Taron Egerton and Darren Criss at Giorgio Armani's Milan Fashion Week show


An encounter between two people definitely isn't something I would normally include in a monthly favorites post, but I just couldn't pass it up with these two. If you didn't already know, Taron Egerton is my favorite actor and just one of my favorite people overall. And I've been a Darren Criss fan since Glee. So when I found out they met at Milan Fashion Week during Giorgio Armani's show, I was ecstatic. Plus, both of them have beautiful singing voices, so I'm just going to need them to sing all the things like yesterday.


The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord



I found this book in the bargain section of Books-a-Million, which I was happy about because I'm a sucker for a good sale and a good book. Plus, most bookstores don't have much YA in bargain sections. Anyway, I literally finished this on the last day of June and enjoyed it much more than I thought. I've read one other book by Lord, and after reading this one, I've just got to say that she does such a good job at creating characters with some sort of mental illness/health issue while not making their mental health the most interesting or important thing about them.

The protagonist, Paige, was well formed, and I found myself relating to her quite often in the book. Since it's a YA novel, it's no surprise there's a love interest in the story, but it's not the story. Lord managed to write a great story about a teenage girl whose focus is recovery and improving herself and her life while including a romance on the back burner that doesn't steal the show.


Altar'd State blush eyelet ruffle trim dress


I found this dress in the clearance section during Altar'd State's semi-annual sale where everything in the clearance section was an additional 40% off, so I scored this super cute dress for only $15! I love the blush color in addition to all of the little details. The little eyelet pattern and ruffle trim are adorable. I also love how this is a sweet yet chic, young meets mature dress. The dress actually gives me a bit of Kate Spade vibes, which I adore.


Ted Baker purse from Lord and Taylor


My mom actually bought this purse for herself last summer because she wanted a new purse that had a zipper to bring with her to New York. She was deciding between this off-white/cream color and a darker one and ultimately picked this one because it was more summery and I liked it. I actually wanted the purse when she bought it but she was buying it for herself. However, she did say I could use/have it, and that time has finally come.

So now that my mom's done using it, she gave it to me. I love the cream color and the little cutout details all over the exterior. It also has these beautiful rose gold metal details, like the little bar on the top, and the zipper and zipper pull are also rose gold. And I love rose gold. Perhaps my favorite part, though, is that all of the interior lining is neon pink, which really pops against the off-white exterior.


Sabrina Carpenter's 2018 RDMAs outfit


As a Sabrina Carpenter fan whose favorite color is pink and wears pink every day, how could I not adore this outfit? The jacket skirt combo is so chic, and the shirt she paired with it adds a slight contrast since it's a slightly different shade of pink. This, folks, is how you do a monochrome outfit. The white heels are cute as well, and bonus points for the Legally Blonde reference even though this gives me some Clueless vibes. Actually, this outfit is definitely Legally Blonde meets Clueless, so A+. The only thing that would have made this even more perfect is if she wore it on National Pink Day, but the RDMAs were filmed the day before.

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.