Fashion Friday: 2018 Tony Awards Red Carpet Favorites


I watched the Tony Awards for the first time this past Sunday, and before the show began I was eagerly scrolling social media to see what some of the biggest Broadway stars were wearing to Broadway's biggest night. I instantly loved the first dress I saw and continued to see wonderful dresses on the red carpet at in Radio City Music Hall. After seeing what two of my Broadway favorites were wearing, I knew I wanted to share all of my favorite Tonys outfits in this week's Fashion Friday post.


Stephanie Styles

A post shared by Stephanie Styles (@bystyles) on

I just absolutely adore Stephanie Styles! I actually featured her in a previous Fashion Friday post as one of my style icons. The very first Tonys red carpet picture I saw from this year was actually of her. I was just on Facebook scrolling through my news feed, and there was literally a post of just her picture on the red carpet. I saw it and was in awe: of the dress and of the fact Facebook apparently knows me so well that it knew I wanted to see was Stephanie was wearing.

I love the light pink color and the delicate, little floral appliques all over the dress. It's so pretty and fits Stephanie so well. I know she loves flowers. Plus, it complements the beautiful floral backdrop (that I wish I could have in my room) without being floral overload. Her Marchesa gown was definitely my favorite of the whole night.


Laura Osnes


Before I begin, the best photo of Osnes's dress is the third one. Okay, so I immediately loved that Broadway's original Cinderella sported a hot pink gown because I love hot pink. I was excited to see what she was going to wear because I knew it was going to be a beautiful Christian Siriano, which she's rocked before. I really like the simple contrast between all the different textures, from the sheer sleeves and near the neckline to the solid ruffles on the sleeves and skirt.

It was definitely different from what everyone else was wearing (I didn't really see anyone else wearing a long sleeve dress), which really made this look stand out for me. I mean, I could literally see where she was sitting in the crowd because of its color. Plus, it looks great against the floral backdrop but still goes with it very well because of the pink.


Taylor Louderman


Oh my gosh. This look is EVERYTHING. I absolutely love this dress. I mean, just look at this picture! It's definitely fit for Broadway's Regina George. The colorblocking and the color combo is so bold but beautiful, and those flowy back details are amazingly stunning. It adds such a fun dramatic flair.


Hailey Kilgore

A post shared by Hailey Kilgore (@haileyfkilgore) on

First, I just want to say: how is Hailey Kilgore only 19? Like wow. Anyway, what a gorgeous blush gown! And the twirl factor! Love it! Kilgore must have gotten the floral memo because those sparkly pink flowers adorning her dress are a great addition. And I just have to mention the twirl factor again because I can't get over it. If I were her, I would have been twirling all night in that lovely dress.


Melissa Benoist

A post shared by Melissa Benoist (@melissabenoist) on

I am so happy to see Melissa Benoist on Broadway and didn't realize she'd be at the Tonys until the day of. Glee's Marley Rose is becoming a star! This satiny pink dress is very simple, but I think it suits Benoist really well. Again, here's another dress that looks great in front of that floral backdrop, and the silhouette and shape looks great on her. It's simply elegant, which is exactly how I think of the Supergirl star.


Katrina Lenk


Not only is Katrina Lenk fantastic at being the leading lady in a award-winning musical (she won the Tony for Best Actress in a Musical for the Tony-winning Best Musical The Band's Visit), but she is also fantastic at rocking the red carpet. This is also a pretty simple dress, but the details are what I like best. The sparkly sides of the bodice add just the right amount of shine, and the pleated ruffled texture of her dress looks great.



Which Tonys red carpet look do you like best? And if you watched the Tonys, what was your favorite performance? Mine was definitely  Mean Girls!

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.