My August Favorites


I haven't said this in a while, but how is it already September?! 2018 is just flying by, and I honestly wish it wouldn't because I just need some more time to savor what this year has given me.

The last month of summer wasn't what I hoped, but it did bring me unexpected joy and memorable moments.

Pink/rose gold/floral 2019 Fringe Studio planner from HomeGoods


I didn't need a new planner yet since my previous one went until December 2018, but I saw this planner at HomeGoods and adored it too much to pass it up. (It starts with August 2018.) I absolutely love the rose gold print on the cover and how pretty it looks with the floral numbers.

The pages have a monthly overview as well as horizontal weekly pages with sections for each day, which I really like. Some planners are more vertical in style, which I'm not a big fan of, so I'm glad the interior of the planner didn't ruin the beautiful exterior that made me want to buy it. Plus, there are monthly tabs and a page before each monthly overview where I can write my monthly goals, to-do list, birthdays, and anniversaries.  


Gagged Chokers Glitter #GIRLGANG Sweatshirt


Broadway's original Princess Jasmine (Aladdin), Courtney Reed, started her own fashion line called Gagged Chokers a few years ago, and she's recently expanded the company and dived into the world of apparel. This latest collection is all about the #GIRLGANG, and I love it. Courtney loves pink, glitter, and shine, which is evident in the products. Once I saw the new stuff, I knew I had to get this glitter sweatshirt. It's just a light pink crewneck sweatshirt that's plain in the front, but the back is the star. I love how it's a holographic shiny print on the back because it's different from other shiny pink clothes and graphics I usually see. I ordered a medium so it'd be a bit oversized, and it's so comfy.


To All the Boys I've Loved Before (movie)


If you've gone on Netflix, social media, or BuzzFeed in the past two weeks or so, you've probably heard of this movie. If you haven't, then watch the trailer above to see what it's all about.

This movie is based on the novel by Jenny Han, and it totally lives up to the book! I won't say it's better than the book, but it is definitely one of my favorite movies now. It's got a John Hughes feel despite the more modern story. The characters are loveable. (Lara Jean is the best, but more on that later.) The story itself is cute, funny, and tugs at your heartstrings without being a super stereotypical rom-com. I could go on and on about why I love this movie, but I won't because there's a blog post coming up about it later this week. 

Broadway Princess Party


I could talk about why the day I went to Broadway Princess Party was the best day of August, but it'd be easier if you just read my last blog post. To be brief, what could beat the magic of hearing Broadway's original Cinderella, Belle, Jasmine, and Aladdin singing some of the world's favorite princess songs?


Michael Dameski on World of Dance


Ugh. I don't think I can ever get tired of watching this beautifully talented man dance. If his name is familiar, it's because he's been in my last two monthly favorites posts because he's had a dance on NBC's World of Dance all three months of summer.

But anyway, this is the most emotionally vulnerable Dameski has been in his dancing on the show so far, and I love it. This dance shows not only his amazing technique but his ability to connect, which is a vital quality in dance. Plus, as a gymnastics and dance fan, I cannot get over the fact he can do a roundoff Onodi (back handspring with a 1/2 twist)! I've never seen anyone do that before, and I actually think he might be able to do that on a beam.


Chicago Tribune Food x Stan's Donuts "Black, White and Red All Over" doughnut



The Chicago Tribune partnered with Stan's Donuts to create the "Black, White and Red All Over" doughnut, which is a red velvet doughnut covered in white glaze and topped with chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs. So it's basically a red velvet cookies and cream doughnut, and doesn't that sound amazing? Well, it is. It was sooo good. It's my new favorite doughnut. The doughnut itself was nice and moist and even had some cookie bits inside, and the glaze and cookie crumbs added the right amount of sweetness and texture. I'm just sad it's not a permanent menu item and is no longer available because that is one of the best doughnuts I've ever had.

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.