My September Favorites


When I first began thinking of what to include for this post, I only had two things on my list. Then I found one more to include but still felt like it wasn't enough. Two things didn't feel like enough content for a post, and it all related to one person, so it was kind of weird. Plus I didn't want to leave it at that. Eventually I found something else to include to diversify it a bit, which is partially why this post is happening so late into the next month. The first few weeks of October have been pretty busy, so although this installment of my monthly favorites series is still a short one, it's a great one for anyone who likes dance or performing arts or even just art in general.

Michael Dameski's routine to "Madness" by Ruelle on World of Dance


If you've seen any of my monthly favorites post from this past summer, you know I love Michael Dameski and his dancing, so it really should come as no surprise more of his dances are in the latest installment of my monthly favorites.

What I loved about this dance was that it was different and much more theatrical and dramatic than the preceding ones. The ninja concept was awesome and wasn't overplayed or too gimmicky. Dameski literally put on a show with this routine by taking advantage of everything he could, from the costume to the graphics and the video board to the lighting effects. His performance was amazing here, and I don't know what you were watching if you didn't believe he was an actual mad ninja in this dance. 


Michael Dameski's routine to "Dive" by Ed Sheeran on World of Dance


(I promise this is the last Michael Dameski WOD season 2 routine that will be featured on my blog.)

Oh my gosh. I love love LOVE this dance so much. It gave me all the feels and made me swoon and cry and broke my heart all at the same time. While this wasn't an entirely new sort of dance for Dameski, it did show us a little bit of something new. His first few contemporary solos weren't as lyrical or super storytelling and literal in its storytelling like this one was. I am literally so so so thankful to Jenna Dewan for choosing this song for him to dance to because this is one of my favorite dances to ever exist. I can no longer listen to "Dive" without thinking of this dance and envisioning the choreo. I could honestly go on and on about this dance but will leave it at I JUST LOVE THIS DANCE SO MUCH.


"Be Alright" by Dean Lewis


I discovered this song after watching a dance video popular YouTuber and choreographer Kyle Hanagami did with ― guess who! ― Michael Dameski and Ashley Gonzalez (who was also on WOD). The song itself is just beautiful and vulnerable, and I instantly liked it upon hearing it in the YouTube video. Isn't it great when you discover awesome new music through dance and TV?


Wildly Into the Dark by Tyler Knott Gregson

Image via Goodreads

I actually started this poetry book probably about a year ago but stopped reading it to begin a young adult novel I wanted to read. Then I kept finding other books to read and started those and didn't get around to finishing it until last month. What I like most about this book is its overall message and how all of the poems inside of it contribute to a greater theme. It's titled Wildly Into the Dark to show that it's okay to go into, feel, and see those darker moments, emotions, etc. Not everything is going to be full of light and sunshine, and it's important to know and acknowledge that. Life isn't all light, and we need to know it's okay to not be okay. It's okay if things aren't perfect. We shouldn't be afraid of the dark.

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.