October Shopping Roundup

It's been a long time since I've last done a shopping post, and that's for several reasons. One: when I do shop, I don't buy a lot at once/around the same time anymore, and that's because of two: I don't have as much money to spend on clothes as I used to now that I'm paying off student loans. Three: I'm trying to save money and buy less clothes (or at least really think about how much I'll wear the clothes I'm buying).

But this month has brought a bit of a change ― a good one. First of all, October is my birthday month, so I was gifted with money to spend. Second, I went on vacation that included a trip to the Mall of America, which is in Minnesota, and Minnesota exempts clothing from sales tax! Third, I finally got a job and realized I need more clothes for work. So I splurged this month and treated myself to celebrate my birthday and new job. After all, "Treat yo'self" Day is in October.

TJ Maxx/Marshalls

Freshman 1996 striped knit sweater
Fall has finally arrived, and so has sweater weather. I actually don't own a lot of sweaters, which probably isn't a good thing considering I live in the Chicago suburbs where we actually experience all four seasons, including rather cold winters. And most of the sweaters I do own are pretty plain and just solid, so to add some variety, I purchased this cute striped sweater. The colors are so fun and perfect for fall, and the knit material it's made of is super soft. I like that it's a little loose and oversized because that just makes it comfier.

One Clothing plaid shift dress
Obviously short sleeves aren't ideal when it comes to fall and winter in Illinois, but I couldn't pass up this dress. It was in the clearance section at Marshalls for only $10, and I can use it for work ― it's the perfect length and isn't too long or too short ― or a casual outing. It's always a plus when something can be used for multiple occasions.

The plaid is super trendy right now but is a classic kind that will never go out of style, which is great. The black stripes on the side are a fun little touch, too. I have a short sleeve shirt that has pearls on the collar, and I think it would look so chic under this dress and make me feel like Veronica Lodge from Riverdale. I didn't try it on in the store, but when I got home, I did, and it was really comfy and easy to move it, which is perfect if I wear it for work because being in communications is definitely not a 9-5 job where you sit behind a desk all day.



Boomboom Jeans hot pink faux fur collar denim jacket
I also found this in the clearance section at Marshalls, and it was $12. I thought it was so cool when I came across it but was a little iffy about it because I wasn't sure if I could pull off the bright pink faux fur color. I tried it on at the store and still wasn't sure about it, but my sister convinced me and thought I could. So I'm going to take a risk with this jacket and will wear it when I'm feeling bold. 

One nice thing about this jacket, though, is that I can remove the faux pink fur and just use it as a oversized distressed denim jacket if needed. This would be so fun to wear to a concert or any nighttime event. Plus, the faux fur will keep my neck nice and warm. It's also loose enough that I could wear a sweater or sweatshirt underneath on a milder day.

Pink Rose moto leggings
Everyone prefers leggings over jeans, right? And when it comes to these ones, how could you not? These aren't thin leggings that you could see through or are for layering. These are made from a pretty thick fabric and have awesome moto details that add some edge. They even look nice enough to pair with a nice top and wear to work or any business casual event. I already have leggings similar to these (and actually bought ones just like these a week before buying these), but I love them so much I knew I would wear these a lot. Plus, I needed more pants I could wear to work.

Gap blush puffer bomber jacket
I didn't realize it when I first saw this in the store, but this jacket reminds me so much of Regina George's pink puffer jacket that she wears when she says "I like invented her" on the way to Cady's party and spits out the Kalteen bar after she sees Cady and Aaron at the party. I can't unsee it now, but it's okay.

Anyway, I instantly loved this jacket when I saw it on the rack. I kind of hate wearing jackets, especially thicker, puffy winter jackets because they just cover my outfit. But I could actually see this one being a part of my outfit rather than covering it and wearing it just to keep me warm. The blush is such a pretty color, and the blush satin fabric just reminds me of pointe shoes, which I love. Also, it's a puffer jacket, but not super puffy and huge that it makes you look like a marshmallow. 

CottonOn

Moto/black Dakota Detail Legging
And here are the moto leggings I bought a week before the ones from Marshalls. These were only $7 in the clearance section at CottonOn, though I'm not sure why because there were ones not on sale and were part of the 2 for $25 deal, but I'm not complaining because I've found nothing wrong with these. These are definitely more casual than the ones from Marshalls and other moto leggings I have as they're thinner and just have a more distressed look to them, so it'll be good to have a more casual pair so I don't wear out my nicer ones.

Pink Yarrow Archy Cropped Pullover
I surprisingly don't have any hot pink sweaters, sweatshirts, or cardigans. So when I found this one for only $12 on the clearance rack, I had to get it because I can never find hot pink sweaters! I love the cropped fit of this one because it pairs perfectly with all of my high-waisted pants, and the batwing sleeves and loose fit contrast well with all of my leggings and skinny jeans. Plus, it's comfier that way.

Forever 21

Burgundy/blush Pintucked Ruffle Top
I immediately fell in love with this blouse when I saw it. The burgundy color is beautiful and perfect for fall. The blush ribbon adds a sweet little contrast and girly touch. The ruffles in the middle and on the collar add a level of sophistication that also makes this top feel sort of vintage. I love it so much I actually already wore it, and it paired with my light pink jeans so well! It made for a lovely work outfit.

Pink/black Plaid Tie-Neck Shirt
This top, as well as the one above, give me Veronica Lodge vibes, and I love Veronica and her style. The houndstooth plaid is so interesting and, like the ruffles from the top above, make it sophisticated. It also gives me a bit of a '90s vibe, which is in, but I can still see myself wearing this even after the '90s go out of style. I like how the tie-neck as it adds a cute little touch that kicks the top up a notch in both flair and maturity.

I want to pair this with a black fitted skirt, black tights, and either black heels or ankle boots for a chic winter business casual look. I can also wear this with one of my nice pairs of leggings, and I can't wait to wear this shirt either.

H&M

Pink Beaded Sweater
I found this sweater in the clearance section for only $7, so I couldn't pass it up because I remember wanting this sweater when it was $25 but not wanting to pay that much. The pearl beads are so pretty and add an adorable little shine to the sweater. This is a thin sweater, so I can wear it on milder winter days, or I could even wear a solid long sleeve shirt underneath if I need more layers. The higher neckline allows for layering for warmth, which is great.

American Eagle

Onyx Black AE Ne(X)t Leavel High-Waisted Jegging
I've been in need of new distressed black jeans, and these are an awesome replacement to the ones that don't fit me as well anymore. There's lace underneath the rips in the jeans ― how cool is that! That's definitely my favorite part of these jeans. But they're also really comfy and stretchy as they're made from American Eagle's new Ne(X)t material that's easy to move around in. And of course, I love the high-waisted fit. The best part about these jeans, though, is that they were only $20! So this was a steal because good jeans are normally around $40-50 at the least.

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.