My October Favorites


Last month was pretty eventful for me since it was my birthday month, I went to see Hamilton, and I went on a road trip with my family. However, I still had a hard time picking things for this monthly favorites post, which is why this is coming over halfway into the next month. Basically, I tried a lot of new, good food in October and got a new top that I love.

Silver Lining Creamery

Sea salt cookie butter fudge in a sprinkle waffle cone and chocolate ice cream in a waffle cone
Silver Lining Creamery is definitely my favorite food place my family and I tried in South Dakota during out fall road trip. It's in downtown Rapid City, which isn't too far from Mount Rushmore. If you ever go to Mount Rushmore, you're probably going to end up in Rapid City to eat at some point anyway, so this is definitely a must-go even if it isn't summertime. (When we first got to South Dakota, it was freezing with snow on the ground and everything. But it warmed up after a day or so, and then I didn't even need a jacket anymore.)


They have a lot of flavors, from traditional chocolate and vanilla to more unique and fun flavors like sea salt cookie butter fudge and even a spicy Asian flavor. The ice cream is made fresh, and you can definitely tell. I definitely enjoyed the sea salt cookie butter fudge as it had a hint of cookie butter flavor. It was a nice chocolaty flavor. 



They also have these cool wing murals on the side of the storefront where you can take pictures, which I loved. The decor inside is also really cute. They have tables whose stands are filled with fun things like pom poms, and there's ice cream-related decals on the walls, too. 


Black Hills Burger and Bun Co.


This was my second favorite eatery we went to in South Dakota. As the name suggests, it's a burger place, and it was so good! That was probably the best burger I've ever had. It was just a beef burger, although they do have bison/buffalo burgers like many restaurants in that area, but it was nice and juicy without being too juicy where it makes a big pool of grease on your plate. The bread was also good, and I liked that they didn't give too many fries because as much as we all love fries, a lot of places can give you too many and you know you shouldn't eat them all even though you want to. Speaking of fries, they were nice and crispy and not too potato-ey. 


Dell Rhea's Chicken Basket


The last food in this post is this fried chicken from Dell Rhea's. This place actually isn't in South Dakota or anywhere I went on my family road trip. It's on Route 66 in Willowbrook, Illinois, so it isn't very far from where I live. The first time I heard of this place was when my dad and brother briefly mentioned it once when we were all eating. They both said it was good, but I had never heard of it. Then a week or so later, Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives was on our TV downstairs, and it was the episode that featured Dell Rhea's!

So after a day of errands, my mom decided she wanted to go here to try it and see what it was all about. We were not disappointed. The first thing we had was their biscuits ― I love bread ― and they were nice and warm and buttery. Then we had their corn fritters, which were also delicious. My only complaint about the fritters was that they weren't sweet enough and needed to be covered in more powdered sugar. I know I have a sweet tooth, but my mom agreed.

Last, but not least, was the chicken. Both of us got their famous fried chicken basket, pictured above. It's half a chicken, so it is quite a lot. The chicken was nice, moist, and juicy, unlike any other fried chicken I'd had before. Even the breast was juicy! The breading wasn't too heavy or crunchy either. I definitely see why it gets the hype.

Forever 21 Pintucked Ruffled Top


One of these things is not like the other, and it's this shirt among a post of food. But I absolutely love this shirt. I adored it the second I saw it in the store. I love everything about it, from the colors to the details and design. I'm so glad I got the chance to wear it before "you definitely need a jacket" weather came so I could show off this cute top! I could probably say more about this shirt, but I already said more in my October Shopping Roundup.

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.