Fashion Friday: OOTD: New November

Nearly half a year has passed since I last did an OOTD compilation post. Wow! So there are a few reasons for that. One: I don't go out as much, and since I don't go out as much, I don't have as many outfits to photograph. Two: I'm trying not to do too many of the same post, and I've done a lot of OOTD compilation posts. Three: I've been busy with my other blogs (The Twin Trio and The Adventures of Amanda and Ashley) as well as my freelance writing and my job. So I haven't been able to dedicate as much time to this blog.

Luckily, this past month was great for me in terms of outfits and clothes because I got to wear quite a few new clothes and put together some new outfits with clothes I already had. Therefore, this November OOTD post is titled "New November." Also, I went out more this month than I usually do. I got to do some exciting things, like go to Broadway in Chicago shows (which you can read about here and here), and I finally have jackets I like a lot that I consider part of my outfit rather than covering my outfit.

November 1

?
Boomboom Jean faux fur collar denim jacket from Marshalls | Forever 21 sweater | Steve Madden purse from Marshalls | Kate Spade glitter boots from Marshalls
I started the month off on a very bright and bold note with this bright pink faux fur collared denim jacket. When I first got the jacket, I wasn't too sure what I'd wear with it, but I've had this bright pink sweater for years and could never quite figure out the best way to wear it. But I think I've found the perfect match with this outfit! It's vibrant and pops without blinding anyone. Plus, the faux fur keeps my neck warm, which is great.

I wore this outfit to watch Hello, Dolly! for the first time while it was in Chicago. My sister and I went downtown for the day because of it, and we got to meet up with one of our Twitter friends who now goes to Loyola. (If you're reading this, then hi, Lizzie!) It was great to finally see her, and the show was awesome as well.


November 9

Forever 21 pom beanie | Gap puffer bomber jacket from TJ Maxx | Freshman 1996 striped sweater from Marshalls | Hollister jeans | Forever 21 knee-high socks | Ugg women's short Bailbey velvet bow boots
If you've been in a Disney store lately, you may recognize this castle. They have them at lots of Disney stores, and I love it! It's so cute and all pink inside, but I'm a bit too tall to stand in it, so I had to opt for sitting.

This satiny blush bomber jacket is one of my new favorite winter jackets. If you saw my October Shopping Roundup, it should be familiar (as should my sweater). It reminds me so much of Regina George's jacket when she hears that Cady's having a party and didn't invite her. Then Regina starts to eat a Kalteen bar because she's starving and spits it out. (If you have no clue what I'm talking about, how have you not seen Mean Girls?) Anyway, it keeps me warm without being super puffy, which is great.

It was colder this day in Chicago than the week before ― my sister and I went to watch Hello, Dolly! again― so I opted for my Uggs but really wanted to wear these light wash ripped jeans. So I threw on some tights and knee high socks to keep my legs warm. The socks are actually a bit shiny, which you unfortunately can't tell from the picture.


November 11

H&M turtleneck sweater | Gap puffer bomber jacket from Marshalls | Hollister skirt | Steve Madden over-the-knee boots from Nordstrom Rack
This was a Sunday, so my family and I went to church, and I still felt like dressing up a bit even though it was a bit cold. So I added some fleece-lined tights to keep my legs warm. I didn't notice it when I was getting dressed and put my jacket on, but I inadvertently dressed like both the movie and musical version of Regina George with this outfit! I mentioned the jacket in the previous outfit, and a lot of people have seen the movie. But in the musical Mean Girls, Regina wears this sleek all black outfit with a black turtleneck and black over-the-knee boots when she sings "World Burn" and distributes the copies of the Burn Book to the entire school. So I guess this is my Regina George outfit.


November 17

Plaid blanket scarf from Target | Forever 21 lace trim sweater | Gap puffer bomber jacket from TJ Maxx | Sperry quilted saltwater duck boots from Nordstrom Rack
Snow was on the ground at the start of this day, so I decided to wear my Sperry duck boots.I wasn't really sure of what I wanted to wear this day, but I knew I didn't want to wear a big puffy coat. So I picked a sweater that wasn't totally plain (the lace trim is my favorite) to go under my bomber and added a blanket scarf for some extra warm and to accessorize.



November 20

Michael Kors jacket from Nordstrom Rack | Express high neck sweater | Steve Madden purse from Marshalls | American Eagle jeans | Blondo ankle boots from Nordstrom
I don't think I've ever been to the city so many times in one month until this month even though I'm only an hour away from Chicago. But when two musicals you want to see come within a matter of weeks, you go! It definitely felt like winter on this day in the city, but it wasn't terribly cold. I was totally fine without a scarf and hat. I did, however, need some gloves. 

I wasn't in the mood to wear my pink bomber or any of my other winter coats because I felt like being more chic this day. That pretty much left me with this nice Michael Kors coat as my only option. It's not super thick, but if I wear the right clothes underneath, I won't really be cold. So I wore this super warm and soft Express sweater underneath. What I love most about the sweater is the fit and the high neck. It makes it more than just a pink sweater and just elevates its style. 

I really wanted to wear my new American Eagle jeans even though they're ripped, but that was an easy fix with fleece-lined tights underneath. When it came to shoes, I knew I was going to be walking all over downtown but didn't want to ruin the vibe of my outfit, so I chose to wear some ankle boots. I got over 15,000 steps that day, and my feet didn't hurt at all when I went home after midnight. I just really enjoyed this outfit because although it's pretty simple, it looked so chic, and I felt great, mature, and like an adult.


November 22

Forever 21 cropped turtleneck | Blue Spice Denim corduroy overall dress from Marshalls | Sueded block heel boots from Old Navy 
I'd actually had this outfit planned for over a month. Shortly after my family made plans to go to my cousin's house for Thanksgiving, I found this green overall dress and thought it would be perfect to wear to Thanksgiving. We didn't end up going to my cousin's house, but I clearly still wore the outfit. The shoes were not part of my original plan, though, because I had just got them one or two days before Thanksgiving, and I absolutely LOVE them!

The picture doesn't do them justice. They're blush pink and the heels are like rose gold glitter, and it's so pretty and gorgeous. They're honestly like the perfect shoes for me. They add a nice little shimmer to my outfit, but the color doesn't detract from my dress or top.


November 23

Elisa black drusy necklace from Kendra Scott | Forever 21 cardigan | Forever 21 paisley print dress | Steve Madden purse from Marshalls | Steve Madden over-the-knee boots from Nordstrom Rack
When I looked at the weather for Black Friday, I was pretty pumped it was supposed to be in the mid- to upper-40s and maybe even reach 50. I didn't really get the chance to wear any of my fall dresses and knew this was my opportunity to do so. I actually wore this outfit last December when I was in San Francisco, but my mom made me change because she thought I would be too cold (I paired the cardigan and dress with black slip-on sneakers) even though it was going to be like 60 degrees, so I've been waiting nearly a year to wear this outfit.

The cardigan is thick but not too thick where it makes you too warm and adds a nice contrast yet complement to the black dress and boots and pinkish paisley and floral pattern. I really like the muted fall tones of the dress because it's pretty unique to my closet, and I haven't seen a lot of pieces like this before. I've owned this dress for a few years now and have worn it a handful of times, but this is definitely my favorite outfit with it. It's comfy yet chic and perfect for fall.


What outfits did you like best? And if you're a frequent visitor of my blog, did you miss these OOTD posts?

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.