My November Favorites


November was a pretty eventful month as I saw new musical productions, tried new restaurants, heard new music, and read new books. I even put together a lot of new outfits with some new clothes, which was evident in my November OOTD post titled "New November". So I had some favorites from all over the place last month.

Blush pink Gap bomber jacket from TJ Maxx


If you saw my October Shopping Roundup or November OOTD post, this jacket should be familiar. I won't say too much about this since it's already been in two of my blog posts, but this has easily become one of my favorite coats. Also, I always feel the need to mention how it reminds me of Regina George's jacket.



Blush glitter sueded block heel ankle boots from Old Navy


I absolutely love these shoes! They're pretty much the perfect shoes for me. I adore the glittered heel and how it can add some sparkle and shine and dress up an outfit. And you already know I love the color! Boots are my go-to shoes in fall and winter, so these are a great addition to my rotation of shoes. They're also pretty comfy, which is always a plus. I also don't have taller ankle boots like this, so it's a nice change.


Pink Kensie teddy coat from Marshalls


I've spent pretty much the past month or so looking for a pink teddy coat like this, but they're usually so expensive. Fortunately, I spotted this on the clearance rack at Marshalls, so it was only $40, which is a steal! I was hoping to find a bolder, brighter pink teddy coat since I already have a lighter, more muted pink winter coat, but this is much more versatile, and I took what I could get.

This coat is actually reversible, which is good to have, but I don't think I'll ever be using the other side. The coat isn't too heavy but still keeps me pretty warm. I didn't think it would keep me that warm, but it exceeded my expectations, so I ended up being too warm when I first wore it. At least it's doing its job! I actually have worn this only once so far and got so many compliments on it. It has an expensive, luxurious look to it but wasn't!


Goddess and the Baker's rainbow cake


One of the new restaurants I went to last month was Goddess and the Baker, a cute little cafe with two locations in downtown Chicago. My sister and I were downtown three times last month to see Broadway in Chicago shows, and we had a sweet dessert snack every time. This rainbow cake from Godess and the Baker is what we had the first time we went into the city last month, and it tasted just as good as it looks. The cake was moist and fluffy, and the icing was nice and light, not too sweet. Looking at this cake just makes me smile.


Hello, Dolly! revival national tour


Hello, Dolly! is a pretty classic musical but pretty much all I knew about it came from Disney's WALL-E. My sister and I heard great things about the revival national tour, though, and we wanted to see Newsies alums Julian DeGuzman (a fellow Filipino!) and Jess LeProtto (who we watched on So You Think You Can Dance season 8!) perform in the show. It may not have the modern or millennial appeal of Hamilton or Dear Evan Hansen, but the national tour production of Hello, Dolly! didn't fail to entertain us. We even saw it twice in two weeks!

The show's still on the road for several months, so I would recommend going if it's in a city near you. I could go on and on about what I liked best about the show, but I've already done that. So if you want to know/read more about my experience seeing Hello, Dolly!, my sister and I wrote about it on our blog


Miss Saigon revival U.S. tour


Miss Saigon was the first show I saw on Broadway. I saw the Broadway revival in June 2017, and while I liked it, I didn't fully appreciate the show until I watched the West End revival on the 25th anniversary Blu-Ray last winter. I grew to really enjoy the show in the past year or so, and when the national tour casting was announced a few months ago, I knew I wanted to see it again in person in order to experience it again up close now that I developed an appreciation for it. The Saigon national tour production is great and differentiated itself from the Broadway and West End revivals, so each production I've seen brought something new.

Miss Saigon is also still on tour for several more months, so if you want to see a great musical with a diverse, Broadway-worthy cast, buy tickets! The entire experience of seeing the show was amazing, including meeting the cutest fellow identical twins, so if you'd like to know/read more about my time seeing Miss Saigon, my sister and I also wrote a blog post about it.


Singular Act 1 - Sabrina Carpenter


I probably haven't bought an actual, physical CD since I was in fifth grade like 13 years ago, so me buying an actual CD is a pretty big deal. But when Sabrina Carpenter announced the release date of her newest album and that it would be exclusively released at Target, I knew I had to get it. I've loved the direction and growth her music's been going in and having lately, and I love Target! The first single off the album was "Almost Love", which I loved right away. It's such a bop. I also really enjoy her latest single, "Sue Me". What I probably like most about this album is how many of the songs exude confidence, maturity, and self-love, which is just great to hear from a fellow young woman.


Glitter bottlebrush Christmas trees from Target Dollar Spot


As I just mentioned, I love Target. My favorite section of Target is the dollar section, because there are just so many hidden gems in there for such a low price! I found these cute and festive little bottlebrush Christmas trees in the Dollar Spot and love them. I love pink. I love glitter. I love Christmas. They add a nice festive touch to my room without a lot of effort or space. And if you don't like pink or just want different colors, they also have gold, green, and blue.

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.